“Bali tranquility at its best:)”
other travellers have booked this property
Pool Pool and living area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Pool
Pool and living area
Living area
Internet speed in the house.
Welcome drink
Surrounding area
Bell
Main door
Floor plan
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

NoosaJoad
noosa
“Best Value in Bali”
Reviewed 2 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Been to Bali six times and providing you life old Balanise homes--this is outstanding place to stay in an excellent location .The little girl that looks after you is an absolute gem and Benjamin the owner,is equally helpful and a
very nice guy.I strongly recommend this villa to all----OUTSTANDING

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
slovakia

zellafell...
perth australia
“good and not so good”
Reviewed 17 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013

For the price this villa represents good to pretty good value. As the title suggests it has lots of good things going for - they in fact outweigh the not so good so let's look at each side of the ledger.
THE GOOD
Overall layout is great with a nice pool and well maintained gardens
Main bedroom and bathroom very nice and well appointed
Kitchen - well appointed with everything you need apart from a toaster that did not work
Filtered water, ice trays, tea, coffee etc
TV viewing area with nice couches and coffee tables
Sound system to plug ipods or mp3 players into - a nice touch
Magazines and books to read [even if most are in French]
The use of Benjamin's phone
Very clear explanatory folder listing local order in food, taxi's, tours to go on etc.
Lovely young Uni student cleaner who comes in each day 9.00 -1.00pm
NOT SO GOOD
Our pick-up at the airport was late and here we were trying to make phone calls on taxi driver's phones. Not a good start.
The 'Outhouse' or cabin or whatever it's name is. This is a kid's retreat at best and was embarrassing for me because my friend insisted I have the main b/rm and he this minute 'room' that was 'home' for 6 days. The bth/rm outside was exposed to the weather and in the wet season this was no fun at all for him. Plus the A/C did not work properly so this is a serious negative on this supposed 2 b/rm villa.
The location is not great and quite tricky to find at the beginning. You need to get your bearings quickly or coming home may be a problem.
The dining table is a plastic variety and not stable enough
The TV connection/cable was not working when we arrived and Ben told us that would be rectified - it was - on about the 2nd last day there when we had missed an entire Test Match against Sri Lanka - the game in which Michael Hussey retired and being cricket lovers we were not amused.
The most disappointing thing for me was that after an initial phone call to Ben to make sure the ice in the fridge was spring water he was uncontactable for the rest of our stay. Not that we were going to annoy him or anything but I would have thought it good manners and practice to at least have dropped in once or twice to ask how things were going and sort out a couple of minor things - especially seeing how he lives right at the back of the villa.

Then of course there was the obligatory construction going on right opposite with a constant racket going on from dawn until dusk. All you can do is grin and bear it. This is very common in Bali and it is worth asking the question before you book because most of us come for a peaceful, quiet stay.

Second lastly the cleaner Petru, I think her name was. So sweet and hard working. You are encouraged [by Ben] to tip her and we did thankfully, graciously and generously. BUT, when we found out how much Ben was paying her we got the unfortunate impression that we were virtually paying her wage and not him. If she wasn't worth more than a dollar an hour then I'll go hee. A bit suss in my opinion. The slave trade finished back in 1864 if I remember rightly.

Lastly the lighting and power switches and fuse boxes. This is a BIG negative. Ben warned us the lights may trip from time to time and to just do this or that. Try about a dozen times in the dark of night getting soaked by pouring rain and then having to find all the switches that turn on and turn off the very nice lighting. Surely this needs to be simplified into one main switch. This put a great dampener on our stay as it happened more than once.

So, all in all I'd say this is a good value villa for a couple or a couple with a child maybe, but nothing exceptional.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the lighting
Liked least: the power black-outs
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
canada
Reviewed 27 December 2012 for a stay in November 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Chicago
Reviewed 18 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$170
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing