“Spacious, clean and comfortable in great location”
Review of U Paasha Seminyak

U Paasha Seminyak
Ranked #45 of 147 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed for 5 nights and have nothing to complain about. We stayed on the top floor (5th), which was great as we had direct stair access to the gym, pool and bar one level up and it was also very quiet - we didn't hear a peep from the street.

The location is excellent, very central, with many restaurants and shops close by and just a few minutes walk or cheap taxi fare to Ku De Ta/Potato Head etc.

As others have mentioned there is an awesome rooftop pool. Could have lazed here all day long. Service was top notch, rooms cleaned very well and all towels and linen immaculate. All staff polite, friendly and always doing something/keen to assist (ie. no slacking off!). A/C cool and crispy. Buffet breakfast not too bad with a good selection of things to eat, both Asian & Western options.

Gym was pretty good as far as hotel gyms are concerned. Free bottles of water provided, towels, sound system and the A/C is great!

Yes, we also LOVED the concept of having the room for a full 24 hours from the time you check-in. Hotel also happily stowed our luggage until it was time to catch our flight.

Recommended - we would happily return to this hotel.

Room Tip: 5th floor - direct access to gym, rooftop pool and bar via stairs. Even numbered rooms are facing ot...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for U Paasha Seminyak

Reviewed 4 October 2013

During our 10 day trip in Seminyak, my partner and I unintentionally stumbled across the Alibi bar, on the ground floor of the U Paasha hotel. At first glance it looked like it was catering to the higher end crowd but I felt at home there. The service is exceptional, special mention must go to Iwan who looked after us every time we were there. Drinks were promptly refilled, with all staff remembering what we preferred from previous visits. The bar menu is ok, ask for the restaurant menu which is much more appealing (and the food is delicious).
The décor is fitting of a top bar in Chapel St....urban chic. I can't wait to head back to Bali to drink at the alibi bar again. From our time there, we are considering staying at the hotel on our return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed here twice on our recent visit to Bali, the first time for 5 nights, then we went off to Ubud, then came back here for another 4 nights. We were very impressed by the hotel, which is a good affordable option for Seminyak, as most of the other accommodation I looked at online was way more expensive than this. The hotel seems to be brand new. The bathroom area is quite open to the main bedroom - you probably wouldn't want to be shy with your partner. The air conditioning unit was really really noisy, but we worked out by turning it on to auto quietened it down considerably while still keeping the room cool. For some reason the staff kept turning it back when they serviced the room. Some of the light switches seem to be in odd places - the one for the little entrance hallway is by the bed. It took us until our second stay to work that one out, and we had to put up with the light on at night, as the staff turning down the bed turned it on in the evening. We stayed both times on level 3. There is no level 4. Level 5 has rooms, and then above that is the roof top pool. The pool was lovely, although could be quite windy. However, mostly this made it cooler, and we found the breeze pleasant while we were there. They could do with a few more sun loungers, or at least some better options for those who can't get a lounger - currently just a yoga mat and a towel on the concrete is the only other option. We found the service really good, although my friend staying in another room left her swimsuit behind, and was told they couldn't get it out until the people who had checked in after her checked out, which I found a bit odd. Luckily we were going back so were able to collect it then. The variable check in was a great option. The hotel is well located right on the main strip opposite cafes and restaurants and not too far to walk to Ku De Ta if that's your thing or La Lucciola, which is more our kind of place. Overall, I'd highly recommend it for a central place to stay in Seminyak if you're looking for a more affordable option.

Room Tip: Try and get a higher level.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ArchaeoNZ
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This hotel is just four months old and is keen to establish a good reputation. It is well positioned in the heart of Seminyak and within walking distance of all you would wish to be close to. The staff are fantastic and very friendly- they can't do enough for you. The hotel is nicely designed with comfortable rooms. A bath would have made my room perfect. The rooftop pool is a lovely feature and I spent a couple of days there with great poolside service for food and drinks. The only thing I would personally change is to do away with the poolside music, which is constantly played at volume from a number of speakers positioned right beside the beds. I found this got pretty irritating, especially when you just want to read or sleep- I eventually gave up on it and went to the beach. This is the ONLY thing which would make me seek an alternative next time and I am sure it won't be an issue for many. A good option.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I was a little unsure reading some reviews. But, I must say, I have had a great stay here...
I love the variable check in/check out times, thats a great USP. I checked in 10pm Friday eve, so I can check out 10pm Monday eve for my late flight - perfect.. GREAT IDEA.
Love the rooftop pool and deck, with the welcome breeze and good service from the staff. Smooth east check in, no language issues with the local, as many reported.
Agreed breakfast could be better, I note many comment, the hotel should address this, it would take much!! Its almost there.
The rooms - BIG< COMFY BED>NICE LINED>GREAT BATHROOM>WIFI GREAT>TV OPTIONS GOOD. Yes the water pressure is a bit low, but I can forgive that.
The location is spot on for the best restaurants in Seminyak metres away, and nightlife too. Room was very quiet and clean.
GOOD JOB U PAASHA :)

Room Tip: Get the the rooftop deck early, beds go quickly.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tonycelfit
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Great location
Amazing room sizes
Great design and layout albeit slightly shoddily built but that's fine.
Amazing openness and unfussy approach to the hotel.
Great breakfasts.
Amazing rooftop pool with service to match.
Noisy rooms from AC condensing unit.
No views from rooms but that's ok.
Great value for money
Great location for easy access to seminyak nightlife.

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

I really like street presence and this hotel has a lovely lobby. The rooms are a really good size and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay because I had untold fabulous restaurants right there.
Pros: lobby, clean big rooms, comfy beds & pillows, ipod dock & dvd, tv with lots of channels, location in eat st, rooftop pool, coffee percolator in room, nearby restaurants deliver food to your door like trattoria! No check in/check out time. Lovely security who help with getting a cab or crossing the rd. no shortage of towels and service at the pool.Get to pick your own soap fragrances, quiet rooms, good views.
Cons: amount of staff with little English, in house menu selection poor, water pressure in showers not the best but I still enjoyed it. Mini bar wasn't refilled. Need more day beds or Loungers at the pool. Need better concierge services with good English speaking staff as the "hosts" can sometimes have no room for flexibility. Air con loud.
If you're like me and want good accommodation in seminyak you can't go wrong with this hotel :)