“Will definitely be back to U Paasha”
Review of U Paasha Seminyak

U Paasha Seminyak
Ranked #41 of 149 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Friendly and efficient staff, clean comfortable large rooms. Fabulous breakfast with ample choices. Beautiful rooftop pool. Amazing views at sunset. Great location among Boutique shopping and close to all the well known restaurants as in Ultimo,Cafe Bali, Ku De Ta, Potato Head, La Lucciola, Sarong & MerahPutih. Loved everything about U Paasha will definitly be back.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,346)

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I would visit again, staff was so friendly and helpful. The hotel is spacious and looks really nice. The rooms are beautilful, I loved the bathroom- with guestsupplies of your choice,isn't that a nice touch?

It has a great rooftop pool, you dont need a balcony or garden here. (with all the hotels and restaurants standing side by side, a garden would seem useless anyway)

Only thing that bothered us was one day housekleeping woke us up by knocking on our door well before 9 AM for cleaning :( Otherwise: no complaints!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank groenethee
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at U Paasha hotel for a few nights and loved it. The roof top pool is beautiful and the bar staff up there are so helpful. Nothing is a problem at Upaasha and you really feel like they go above and beyond to make sure you are happy. The roof top bar is great for yummy cocktails and nibbles. I can't wait to go back. Yeah the hotel itself is not perfect but it's pretty close and the service makes up for it. The air conditioning is noisey but we just turned it off before we went to sleep and on again in the morning and it was perfect. The room smelt a little strange whenever we went in but we just opened the doors for a while to let it breathe. (i think it's just because the want to have the room cool for the guest so they never open the doors) The breakfast was really good too and i loved the birchers muesli! I will be back :) Also not too far to Potato Head, W bar and Ka Da Ta Beach clubs which were also a fav. Maybe a $7 nz taxi max. I think if they gave the showers a really good scrub, changed the air conditioning units over to quiet ones and aired the rooms it would be absolutely perfect! Those things don't really bother me tho.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

After a luxurious stay at the Arma in Ubud, we were concerned nothing in Seminyak would measure up. Rather than try to recreate the Balinese botanical wonderland of our previous hotel we decided on U Paasha and found its modern W style accommodations to be a fabulous contrast. We loved having the freedom to check-out at the same time we checked in, breakfast is included and available as a buffet or until 11pm delivered anywhere to you in the hotel, lovely rooftop pool, 24 hour gym, high powered a/c, helpful staff and great beds/pillows. We have a hunch this is the best deal in Seminyak.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room at the back of the hotel and that's what we received.
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed at U Paasha from 13 Nov to 14 Nov 2013. Although we only stay just one night, but we felt an excellent experience at this hotel. Started from the welcoming process, the staff offered a welcoming drink, which can be collected at the Alibi bar. It would be better if the drink was delivered to the reception area, considering Alibi was located below the reception area.

During check in process, it was smooth, and the reception staff was very attentive and informative. If you booked through their website, you will be asked for pillow arrangement and free iPod with selected genre for your pleasure during your stay. I did select the pillow and iPod. However, they missed to asked me about my pre-booking. It's not that a big thing, but it should be recorded on the system and they should pointed out to the guests, regardless they have a pre-booking or not. This service is something new (at least for me), which could be a good added value to the guests.

Me and my wife arrived at noon, and were hungry, so we ordered lunch (Sop Buntut + Satay) from the restaurant and asked to be delivered to the room. Around 30 mins later, the food was delivered. They were delivered not as much as I expected. Instead, far exceed my expectations. My Sop Buntut was separated from the soup, which made it perfect! They keep the soup warm in a-teapot-like jar, which I like it! And the Satay was also delivered exactly the way I ordered! Two thumbs up for the restaurant crew!

The room, there’s no other way to describe it. It was spacious (no kidding), and my wife thought I booked a Superior Room (which I didn’t)! And I wasn’t expecting a balcony, although there’s not much view to see, other than the resort next door. The bathroom was unique, a mixture of a semi-open door (not outdoor) bathroom and a bathroom sink.

The location was perfect, right in the middle of Seminyak. You will easily find restaurants of your choice. If you walk 5 mins down the road, you’ll find Seminyak Square. I didn’t go to the beach, so I don’t know how far it is from the beach.

The only thing that was a downside was the in-room wi-fi connection. It was unstable, I couldn’t even connect to the network. Maybe you need to improve the networking so guests can enjoy the wi-fi inside the room. I didn’t try the network at the other area, so I wasn’t sure about the connection there. One more thing, the room’s odor was plain. You barely smell anything. It would be better if there’s a fresh odor every time you enter the room. It wasn’t bad at all, but I prefer a fresh fragrance in the room. Overall, I enjoy my stay. Weel done U Paasha!

2  Thank mahameru
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We only discovered the Paasha near the end of our stay in Bali and left our very comfortable to give it a try because the check out, the time that you check in, appealled to us. We were catching a late night flight back to Melbourne. We loved the room, loved, loved ,the pool area! The breakfast was more than perfect and the staff went out of their way to accomodate. I can't wait to go back and stay there!

Room Tip: I advise asking for a room either on the same floor as the reception, or on the floor nearest the ro...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SueLevin_11
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Upaasha Hotel in November 2013. For the style of hotel and value for money, this hotel was fantastic. The staff as always in Bali are so friendly and accommodating. If you're looking for a unique hotel, Upaasha fits the bill. The decor is modern and looks like there has been so much work involved in the intricate wooden tiles. You can have breakfast anytime of the day or night. Check out time is based on check in time, which for us was perfect. For instance, if you check in at 5pm, then you don't need to check out until 5pm. The rooms are very spacious, cool and have a trendy warehouse feel to them. We loved the polished concrete floors and limestone feature walls in the standard room. There is a selection of movies to choose from if you wish to use a DVD player, plus a computer and library in the lobby. The sky bar and pool area is very large, and you can expect a lovely warm pool as it has all day sunshine. We changed rooms for our last night to the penthouse as a special treat. The size of the room is massive. Very similar decor to the standard room but separate bathroom, toilet and walk in robe. The menu is fairly standard and pricing not over the top for a hotel. You can grab a cheese burger which was more food than I could eat for around $7 AUD. We also enjoyed the welcome drink which was any cocktail from the menu. I would recommend a visit to the Alibi Bar downstairs, very trendy and cool plus they make the best Martini around. A special thank you to Anna at reception and Eddy in the restaurant for making our stay personalised.

The only criticism would be the size of the balconies. Although they are as long as the room, the are barely a meter wide, so really only standing room.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for it's great location, fantastic service, unique room decor and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Avoid the street smog and opt for a room away from the front of the hotel.