“Great Hotel in the Heart of Seminyak”
Review of U Paasha Seminyak

U Paasha Seminyak
Ranked #41 of 149 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My partner and I stayed at U Paasha for a week in March, the stay was outstanding. The room was huge and comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful, and the rooftop pool was so, so hard to tear yourself away from. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matt_Harris0n
Write a ReviewReviews (1,355)

Reviewed 18 March 2014

The whole hotel looks brand new, everything is really modern and clean & the outside design of the hotel stands out. Our room was amazing - very big, clean, modern & the bed was so comfortable. Aircon worked well & I didn't find it noisy at all like other people have said. The ocean view from our room was quite nice (request the 5th/top floor). The rooftop pool is beautiful to watch the sunset & have drinks, happy hour from 5-8pm & service for drinks was good. Breakfast was amazing, huge selection. Having a gym was good, but it was very small & needs more weights. The location is very good, right in the middle of Seminyak along a busy street with lots of shops and good restaurants. Seminyak market & most attractions in Seminyak are within walking distance & there's heaps of taxis right outside the front of the hotel. Noise from the street was not an issue - I couldn't hear anything from the room. All the staff were very friendly & the service was always fast. 24 hour check in is very handy. We absolutely loved this hotel!!

Negatives: The water that comes out of the shower is very smelly! When we were checking out they tried to charge us for 7 phone calls made from the room, but we didn't use the phone the entire time. They very quickly took them off the bill though. But overall these were minor things & we still LOVED our stay at U Paasha :)

Room Tip: Request a room on a high floor with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jade-186
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My friends and I stayed 3 nights here in November 2013 and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Pros:
+ Location was perfect - There's a whole row of restaurants right opposite the hotel (such as Ultimo and Rumours) and further down the road you can find Revolver Expresso (opposite the Bali Clinic) which you can enter via "This is a Love Song" or "Home" store. Revolver Expresso is a good breakfast/ brunch alternative if you tire of the hotel's offerings. It's also really easy to hail a cab from the lobby, and it's a short distance to most places (e.g. about 5 mins to Jiwa Bikram Yoga and Amo Spa - both of which are recommended to try)

+ The room was spacious and well-appointed. I especially liked the double sink and that the shower was separated from the toilet - this made getting ready a lot faster. The beds were also super comfortable.

+ Service was excellent. Staff were friendly and super efficient - we were checked-in and checked-out really quickly and without any fuss, and our request for some room spray to mask the damp smell in our room was met promptly.

Cons:
- There was this damp, sewage-y smell that would hit us whenever we entered the room (from the aircon perhaps?) but that would go away after awhile. I think it helped that the staff had brought us some room spray to counter this.

- Breakfast selection is somewhat limited, but this was fine by us as we were more keen to save our tummies for brunch/ lunch.

Would definitely return and recommend this place to friends.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lexialexis
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Great manager Gindo, great staff, great location, great rooms, great rooftop pool, great all day breakfast , great 24 hour check in, great price . Great fun. Great bar at front of hotel, happy hour every night

Room Tip: Right hand side you can watch the sunset, also have cocktails at happy hour from pool & see suns...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My wife and I spent 10 nights here and were very impressed with the staff, location and room size was really good, the breakfast is also very good and the surprise was that if you missed breakfast by 10.30 am you could still order breakfast as room service even at 1 pm and no extra charge, also if you checked in at say 6 pm you can check out at 6pm which is a very nice touch if you have a late flight, the rooftop pool is great with the views, only down side was that if the pool was busy, extra lounge chairs could be supplied, overall the location is on the main eating strip and very handy to just walk to nearby shops, restaurants and Seminyak Square, we would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jakebluesPerth
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I will go with these facts first, then you can be the judge as to whether it's worth the stay or not. 1- air conditioner sounds like a jumbo landing, if you consider bed/sleep important than this a whole star off...get it fixed upaasha it's ridiculous how loud it is, 2- the room smells like sewage, 3- the shower is disgustingly mouldy, clean it properly, 4- service at the pool is horrible, slow and never anyone around, 5- pool area needs a vibe, a heart beat, they're playing songs from the elevator and there's young clientele, know your customer, 6- the Buffett breakfast is average, I'd rather pay for my own breakfast somewhere else.
This is a 3 1/2 star at best...if they put effort into it it can easily be a 4 1/2, it's a long way off at the moment.
Best things are price and location

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pilo110373
UPaasha S, General Manager at U Paasha Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear pilo110373,

Greetings from U Paasha Seminyak.

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at U Paasha on Trip Advisor. If I may offer my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your time with us and take this opportunity to address your comments and the action we are in the process of taking to rectify matters.

Regarding the noisy air conditioning. Despite being new when the property opened a few of our units are noisy and at this very moment we are finalising a contract with an outsourced company to attend to this matter.

I am extremely frustrated by the smell in the shower as, despite a thorough inspection of all areas of the hotel, my engineering team have been unable to locate the source and it only seems to affect a small number of rooms when adjacent rooms do not encounter a problem whatsoever. Furthermore the smell seems to come and go. We are installing p-traps in all the bathrooms (whether they have a smell or not) to attempt to rectify this once and for all. This week we are also undertaking a major deep cleaning programme of all the showers to rectify what is in fact not mould but a water residue stain issue using chemicals suggested and supplied by Ecolab after they inspected the property.

Unfortunately we were not made aware of your discomfort during this time as we would have sourced another room for you at once.

I have instructed my food and beverage manager to have strong words with the pool bar team as their lack of service is not what I expect from a U hotel member of staff.

Your feedback regarding the pool area music is well noted but if I may politely inform you that we previously played an up-tempo selection of songs and received a number of comments that the music was a slight disturbance for people wishing to relax and sleep. We now play a more soothing lounge-type selection during the day and “pick up the vibe” towards sunset. I regret that this was not to your liking.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could kindly find the time to contact me via gm@upaashaseminyak.com with your observations regarding the breakfast and I can then pass on your feedback to my chef.

May I end by saying that I would be delighted if you would do us the pleasure of your company on your next trip to Bali where you can see the improvements we have made regarding your invaluable comments.

Kind regards,
Gindo Sianturi

Reviewed 28 February 2014

a new hotel with unique interior located in main street of seminyak, surrounded by shops, cafe, mart. spacious rooms equipped. nice breakfast with free cafe latte or cappuccino everyday. they serve my omelette exactly the way i requested. Beautiful roof top pool with great views.

Room Tip: choose second floor to avoid the noise from the street
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family