“Excellent location in Seminyak”
Review of U Paasha Seminyak

U Paasha Seminyak
Ranked #43 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at U Paasha for 7 nights at the end of May and loved the experience. The location of the hotel is brilliant if you want to just walk to the shops and go for a nice meal. Beach is only 5-10 minutes walk away. The rooftop pool was very nice and the view was amazing. Rooms were much bigger than we had expected and the decor was nice and modern. For breakfast you could have pretty much everything you could wish for. Overall we were super happy with the hotel and would recommend it for anyone who wants a great location for a great price.

Room Tip: Rooms from 2nd to 5th floor have balconies.
4  Thank MinnaRiitta
Write a ReviewReviews (1,301)

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a super hotel. The staff are brilliant: always friendly and helpful. Roof top pool is pretty massive and the views across Seminyak must be the best as it's one of the highest hotels around. There aren't very many sun beds but we managed to get a pair most days.
Breakfast is excellent and offers a fairly wide selection to satisfy varied and international tastes.
Huge, comfy bed in a large room.
Hotel location is ideal, smack in the middle of many good restaurants and shops.

2  Thank EN7EDH
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning to stay in Seminyak.
Great service, great location, great accommodation, this is premium value for money!
The rooftop pool with the panoramic 360° view is just amazing, would without a doubt rebook this hotel if back in Seminyak!
Don't hesitate, you won't be disappointed

2  Thank Thomas V
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Was very quiet. in late march. Design was industrialist which I liked. Nice pool on the roof with a view.
Aircon a bit noisy, Wifi a bit slow but generally good value.
They had a few bikes in the basement you could borrow, which was nice

Room Tip: higher up + away from the street
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank satunnainen_kiertaja
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I found U Paasha a mix of fantastic and flawed.
Yes it is an impressive entry and building in many ways- especially after observing exactly how they build in Bali, and the roof top area is fabulous and gets you up and away from the hustle and bustle. Beds are soft and rooms spacious, but our room had an extremely noisy air conditioning unit that we were told is normal (maybe at U Paasha but nowhere else I've stayed). It was so noisy we couldn't sleep with it on so turned it off only to be woken by an absolutely putrid smell- the drains and the water need some serious revision here! On a number of times the toilets (occurred in the roof top area too) gurgled and bubbled releasing a scary stench and left me wondering if they were going to over flow.
All in all U Paasha was ok- staff were generally very friendly and helpful (until you talk to them about air con and smells), and the breakfast was great.
But ultimately I wouldn't spend the money we did to stay here again.

Room Tip: Only stayed in one room- see comments above. My tip would be don't try and grin and bear any pr...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sam G
UPaasha S, General Manager at U Paasha Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Sam G

Greetings from U Paasha Seminyak.

May I begin by thanking you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I appreciate all feedback, whether positive or not, because at the end of the day the hotel’s sole intention is to make our guests happy.

It was a pleasure to read the positive aspects of your stay but I am truly sorry for the recurring issues we experience that caused you to award us an average score.

These issues have been well documented on Trip Advisor and this has been an especially frustrating period for us because we receive a large amount of extremely positive reviews where guests thoroughly enjoy their stay. A quick perusal of our sister properties’ reviews will reveal that U hotels are near the top of their respective destinations and I am confident that once these issues are resolved U Paasha will achieve a reputation in keeping with the group’s aims.

The ongoing problems with the air conditioners is nearing resolution as we have set up two units in our “mock-up” rooms following the guidelines provided by the units’ manufacturer and I am delighted to report that the results are completely satisfactory. I am personally following up the most opportune time to make these improvements hotel-wide.

The drainage smell is another situation which is exasperating as the problem is inconsistent as to when and where it appears with no apparent clear cause. My engineering team deals with each report on a case by case basis and housekeeping flush out each drain and P-trap when making up the room. In some cases this is successful and in some not which brings me on to my next point.

One point you raised was my staffs’ apparent unwillingness to handle the situation when you brought up these issues. I deeply regret that in this particular instance it was not resolved as they are under instructions to assist the guest in every way possible up to and including finding a more suitable room should these issues occur, as has been well documented on Trip Advisor. I have had very strong words with them over this and I ask all our valued guests that if they have any situation that they feel has not been rectified to their satisfaction to ask to speak to me personally. I hope from my Trip Advisor responses guests have the impression that I am a hands-on manager and will do everything in my power to settle things.

My hope is that you would give us the opportunity to be of service to you in the future where hopefully you will enjoy a true U Paasha experience like so many of our other valued patrons.

My Best Regards,

Gindo Sianturi

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Centrally located in the heart of Seminyak, stone throw to restaurants and shops! Rooms are huge, bright and clean. Staffs are all very smileys and positive. We especially love the 24-hour check-in policy! Will be back again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mandy L
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed at the u paasha about a year ago..it was a few months into its opening so managed to get a fantastic deal.
Lovely hotel...minimalist decor but huuuuuuge rooms...very comfortable furnishings and soft soft bed.
Only thing is they were setting up the wifi at that time so connectivity only in rooms closest to the front of the hotel...do check ahead if you need to remain connected.
no issues with traffic noise for me as the rooms were large with stone walls.
Loved the 24 hour stay rule...so I could have a late checkout with no hiccups since I arrived at 9pm for my check in.
Very handy if you shop til the very last minute and still want to freshen up before your flight.
Directly located on eat street so very very convienient for all the hot spots like ultimo, Kaizan etc.
The staff were still newish so while not slick, they were friendly and eager to help...major plus there!
Breakfast was ok...but I may have been spoiled by the other places I stayed at but fair value.
If they are still having promo rates would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Front of the room for wifi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo