“Great value for money”

Ranked #46 of 145 Hotels in Seminyak
Perth, Australia
“Great value for money”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

U Paasha is a centrally located, new hotel in Seminyak. It is great value for money and is right within all the action in Seminyak. I challenge anyone to find something as convenient on the same budget. The rooms are very spacious, clean and the beds and very comfortable. I don't really have many bad things to say besides the water pressure can be poor at times. The 24 hour hotel system is great and the flexible breakfast also really good!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank tjgeling

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Monty - Melbourne - Australia
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Although we didn't stay here, we did come for cocktails and to watch the sunset. A great location in Eat Street. Bar staff were very friendly. There are games on the tables at the bar like chess, checkers, backgammon etc which was good for kids and adults too. Great cocktails! Really good perspective over the roof tops of Seminyak to the beach. Will definitely come back. One of our friends did stay here and the rooms looked very nice!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brenna1968
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 June 2014

firstly my friend's room was big and beautiful.......... nothing to fault. My "complaint" is that unless you have breakfast included in your package I would not go there for breakfast. Coffee in a thermos ? why ................? we love our espresso !! and waiting for eggs.poached...while the bread is only slowly cooking.......... cold when the eggs arrive............I hope they understand that we have a"breakfast" mind set................. and we can be very fussy.............. hot espresso/good eggs/fast service................... we are very fussy and want to get going in the morning with a positive feeling!!!!!!!!................... I"m sure they can do it..................... competition in the area is tough!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
UPaasha S, General Manager at U Paasha Seminyak, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear sallybutler

Greetings from U Paasha Seminyak.

I am writing to offer my sincere apologies that the breakfast you took when visiting your friends did not meet you expectations.

As part of our breakfast set-up we offer our in-house and walk-in guests a choice of freshly-brewed or specialty coffee including latte, espresso, macchiato etc. and I am currently in the process of finding out why you were not given this option seeing as it is the hotel breakfast standard.

I have passed on your other comments regarding the service to my Food and Beverage Manager for immediate attention.

May I end by saying that as you were so impressed with your friends’ accommodation we hope to have the pleasure of your company in the future as one of our very welcome live-in guests.

Best Regards,

Gindo Sianturi
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was a 1st trip for our family outing of 19 pax.to Bali.
U Paasha is an ideal choice to stay in Seminyak. Located right in the middle of pubs, café and restaurants. Conveniently accessible. Waliking distance to The Flea Market, Seminyak Square, the beach and many more branded shops / boutique outlet surrounded.
We love the 24 check-in policy. We will be back again with a larger group in 2015.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LilyLimFoo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed for 3 nights with my boyfriend. We were checked into a room that had clearly not been cleaned. The floor was dirty giving us filthy feet after walking around. Our sheets were stained and we were bitten a lot on our first night. I complained and special attention was given to cleaning our room after this however it should not have been an issue in the first place. The staff are quite unfriendly and breakfast was so average and not worth getting up for. Luckily this was our last stop in Bali and they arranged for a taxi to take us to the airport without charge due to the issues we experienced. Although this was appreciated the hotel seems like a 3 star and needs a lot of improvement.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
UPaasha S, General Manager at U Paasha Seminyak, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear sgb1423,

Greetings from U Paasha Seminyak.

May I begin by offering my sincerest apologies concerning the condition of the room you were provided upon your arrival. This is certainly not the level of cleanliness I expect of my team therefore I have undertaken a full investigation into what occurred.

I have been informed that you checked in during the early afternoon of June 14th but unfortunately only complained about the condition of your room the following morning. It is regrettable that you did not inform us of your displeasure immediately upon occupying the room and noticing the condition as we would have sourced you an alternative at once. As can be seen from my responses to other Trip Advisor reviews when guests experience any issues we will do our utmost to find an immediate resolution to ensure their satisfaction.

Nevertheless as I mentioned this is not the standards expected of my team therefore I have had strong words with my Executive Housekeeper about this situation and will be introducing extra random room spot checks conducted by myself above and beyond my usual room inspections.

In lieu of any specific comments regarding the apparent unfriendliness of the staff and the breakfast if you could kindly find the time to contact me directly at gm@upaashaseminyak.com with your observations I will investigate and rectify matters as necessary.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,

Gindo Sianturi
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 15 June 2014

For the price and location, U Paasha is hard to beat. We stayed for five nights and loved it. You're in the heart of the Seminyak action and walking distance to everything. Note: this hotel is not on the beach. For the price, the hotel provides an excellent level of luxury and service. The breakfast buffet is tops (and know that you can have breakfast served anytime, anywhere). The poolside drinks are delicious. The bed is seriously the most comfortable bed we've ever slept in. The in-suite details like customizable radio stations and toiletries are the cherry on top touches.

The only place the hotel fell a little short for us was at the pool: the vibe could be vamped up a little bit with some music, we could never find clean towels and the poolside service was average at best. We found ourselves having to constantly flag down servers for refills or food.

Other than that, it was a fantastic stay and a real treat after backpacking for five months.

For our Bali Guide visit http://thetaleoftwotings.com/category/bali/

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingTings
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Perfect location - right in the middle of the Main Street surrounded by restaurants, pubs and shops. Walking distance to everything.
Standard room was beautiful and spacious. Weird smell would creep in now and again, but have had this everywhere in Bali (water systems overused etc). The pool is amazing. Included breakfast was faultless. Staff friendly and helpful. Really enjoyed the stay and would come back!
Wifi is not very good. Constantly cuts out, often slow and have to log in each time your phone locks or leave the area. Only downfall.

• Stayed June 2014