“Great location”

Ranked #45 of 144 Hotels in Seminyak
Cairns, Australia
“Great location”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel is In a fantastic location with lots of great shops and restaurants/cafes nearby. A short walk to seminyak square and other great bars etc. Love the 24 hour check in. Check in time is check out time and the included breakfast, apart from the breakfast buffet in the morning , breakfast can be had at any time during the day.
The staff were reasonably friendly but I didn't really understand having to pay for my entire stay upfront. They also wanted to add another $150.00 US upfront onto my bill for incidentals, mini bar and restaurant. I was not happy with this as most people go out for meals and drinks, and don't stay in the restaurant. So said I would pay any extras with cash, and couldn't bill anything to my room. Normally you pay a bill at the end of your stay.
Air conditioning unit in rooms sounded like a freight train and could not leave it on at night as you couldn't sleep.
Wifi kept dropping out and had to constantly relog in when iPad went into snooze.
For a hotel that's only 1 year old, parts are looking a little worn. The bathrooms were a little mouldy, towels were grey/yellow and the pillows were yellow. The shower and sink often smelled of sewerage and the shower drain didn't really clear quickly and often left you standing in ankle deep water.
The bed sheets were not changed in my whole stay.
The balcony overlooked a noisy resort with no view and no seats. The day bed inside the room was great with lots of cushions to make it comfy.
The roof top pool was nice but not enough lounges and it closed early of a night. They had complimentary sunscreen and also a great cocktail list for the pool area. It does get a little windy up there, being on the roof and the pool is great but not overly big for the size of the hotel. I was surprised there was no spa for such a new, modern hotel.
The rooms were huge, as was the shower and sink area, with 2 sinks and quite a bit of bench space. The beds were comfortable also. Some renovations? Improvements were being done also and jack hammering and construction work could be heard every afternoon.
There are no typical tropical grounds to walk through and enjoy and balconies don't open onto anything. It's a hotel not a resort, so keep this in mind. I would recommend staying here and the location is great but do take in to consideration all of the above.

Room Tip: All are pretty standard and the same. All rooms are good.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Peta415

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

If you want to be in the heart of Seminyak, this is the place to stay! The rooms are huge and very comfortable fit three of us! They were very modern also! Only downfall was the lack of WIFI. The first day we arrived it was perfect but after that, it would only work if we situated ourselves in the bathroom! I would definitely return to U Paasha, however, make sure the internet was 100% working!

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the back of the building, this way you won't get any of the road noise!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Annie C
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located in a great spot, lots of cafés, restaurants and shopping at your doorstep.
The beds and pillows were amazingly comfortable and the rooms furnished with nice decor.
Bathrooms were spacious, and unlike other reviews, we never had an issue with our water running out or running cold. Only noticed a slight smell from sewer/shower on a couple of occasions, so really wasn't an issue for us.
I would however agree that I didn't find the linen as clean and fresh as I'd expect from a hotel of this rating, I wouldn't say it was dirty, just wasn't cleaned to a high standard.
Loved the pool area and enjoyed some fabulous cocktails, by the pool and in the rooftop bar. The saté available during late afternoon was yummy! We did have the BBQ one night, but must say none of us were particularly impressed by it, but perhaps that's because the caliber of eateries around the area are exceptional.
As stated in other reviews, the very noisy air conditioning is an issue, and one which I hope the hotel can resolve. Luckily it wasn't overly hot while we stayed, so were able to turn it off during the night when the noise became overbearing.
Breakfast was great, and loved having the choice of any type of coffee we wanted.
Overall, UPaasha was a hotel I'd recommend, however I do hope they can resolve a couple of minor issues, to make it an awesome hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank nicmad68
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Checking in the U paasha is fine not hard to find since it's on a main strip in Seminyak. The lobby is modern kept a bit dark. It was 4pm which is a late check in time, yet our room wasn't ready. Told to take our welcome drinks downstairs at the bar which was fine. At check in you get to choose soaps u like and then they will replenish that one throughout your stay, if available, if not they'll surprise you! After half an hour we went back up. The room is ready but has no pillow covers. So she asked us to wait another 10mins. This time i asked if we can take the room then they can bring pillow covers later since we were not going to sleep. We head upstairs whilst she offered to send the suitcases for us.

The pillow cases came within 2minutes which is fine but we were still waiting for our suitcases half an hour later. So I decided to go downstairs to check on them, (you would ask why didn't I call? Do you ever get a feeling in certain hotels that if u want something done u better do it yourself?) Well, I was right as the suitcases were there in the same spot we left them whilst a lot of staff stood there hands across. I asked if I can take my own suitcases upstairs and they were like yes offcourse like nothing happened while another guy asked me if I needed help with them. And I refused like a nice guest, I don't want to disturb whatever he is not doing.

The room is nice and spacious. Good bed size and amenities. The aircon is a bit noisy. The only problems we had is that the room was being cleaned late at around 4pm every day I'm assuming because we checked it at 4pm the first day, and towels kept diminishing from the first day. First the hand towels left us which we could still live without, then we came back to a cleaned room with no towels at all. We had dinner reservations so we did not appreciate the wait for towels.

The pool is nice great size and you won't have problems finding deck chairs. What I also like is that if u enjoy tanning on sunny days the pool is great since it is has no obstruction from other buildings. The service is also great on sunny days! But like the weather it changes! We used the pool on a cloudy day and yes it wasn't that busy, first we got stained old grey used to be white bath towels instead of the nice pool towels you get on other days. The deck chairs had no padding put on them incase it rained. Oh and the staff were maybe 6 behind the bar chatting in case it rains aswell I'm guessing?

The breakfast is good, eggs on order , Asian options available. Our over all stay is still a good one the location played a good part for us since we had already stayed in Seminyak last year but in a villa further away. So do book this place For its central location and trendy look and spacious rooms. The hotel needs a little push when it comes to service and the little things that make people come back but still recommend it.

Room Tip: Front is noisier.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Travel A
Singapore
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for a night. The service was great and the room was very spacious and well furnished. There's a nice rooftop pool and bar as well. Very centralised location. The hotel is relatively on the pricier side, but it was totally worth it.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank tanjd
Hong Kong
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Great location, spacious rooms.

Think the hotel may need some refurbishment; room was a bit worn out I thought.

Otherwise, they've got good breakfast option with great fruit. Price is decent for their location. Hotel staff generally knows what they're doing.

I stayed at TS Suites prior to U Paasha. TS Suites' rooms are newer and arguably nicer, but U Paasha is more central, and I think their hotel staff is better managed (i.e. most understand English better).

Price - fair value. I wouldn't say it's a gem or boutique hotel. Location hard to beat. Wasn't noisy either so I quite enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank nicolettalabella
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed at the U Paasha in February with wife and one other couple for 6 nights.
The location is great walk out the front and restaurants and bars of all types abound.
Rooms are large and comfortable, love the 24 hour check in/out service that is provided. Roof top pool and bar is a must to visit, staff in all areas of the hotel are friendly and efficient.
will certainly stay there on my next visit to Bali.
A word of warning in relation to money changers, there are a few around that offer a greater exchange rate, upon checking After I left I found that I had been short changed by 400,000 about $38.00 AUD checked the next time and they tried to do it again, according to locals it is widespread in some areas.

Room Tip: higher floors have a good view
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends