There are loads of bali drivers that can drive, and among them many speak perfect English. But not all can be a good travel companion to hang out with for 10+ hours a day. We traveled with Mr. Wayan Wijana for two full days, I can confidently say he really made our trip.
Reasons I'd recommend him to friends/family :
- Perfect communication in English. He also speaks Japanese.
- Punctual, responsible, reliable. Never late, always kept his word.
- Client-oriented conscious driving. Thoughtful driving on bumpy/zigzag roads, smooth stops etc.
- Super smart, knowledgable. Had great conversations on topics ranging from culture, sports, politics, religion etc. Devoted to Bali customs and culture, eager to share.
- Passionate and hard working. We'd see most drivers wait around in parking lots. Wayan would make the extra effort to accompany us to answer questions, take photos, save us from monkeys.
- Genuinely a good person, enjoyed getting to know him.
Would for sure contact him on our next Bali trip, would highly recommend anyone we know to do so. We'll think of him every time we think of Bali.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.