“Unforgetable Experience at Dipan”

The Dipan Resort Petitenget
Ranked #68 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Unforgetable Experience at Dipan”
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Glad I chose to stay at Dipan Villa. Excellent service from Pak Arta and his team ensured that we really had a very enjoyable time. Highly recommended for those looking for good accommodation to stay. Will definitely come back again to stay at this villa.

From: Sim K.S. And Family

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
The Dipan R, General Manager at The Dipan Resort Petitenget, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear , Mr. Sim

It was nice to have a chat with you on every breakfast time during your stay with us, which that is part of our service culture to observe as much information from our guest on how we could improve our service in the future .
We pretty much appreciated our value suggestions from every single of our guest , regardless the comments is good or bad without that we may not know the reality guest point of view .

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for writing a review on your stay. I am glad that your time spent atThe Dipan was relaxing and that you enjoyed the facilities, services and the ambiance of The Dipan.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

I Ketut Wirya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Toronto
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights apart of a SE Asia trip. I put a lot of research in before booking a hotel because I am looking for value.

Location- great. Very close to the beach, walking distance to all the awesome seminyak resturants.

Rooms- stayed in a villa. Awesome. 20ft ceilings in bathrooms all higher end finishings. Saw the regular rooms, above average for sure.

Service- 5 star

Breakfast- good selection

The pool is awesome. Posted a pic on Facebook got more likes than any other photo. It was well done.

The only small drawback was some noise out of their control. You can hear the street, and every morning we were awoken by barking dogs.

It was worth the stay. I would return.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear , Viewer

A sincere thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and wonderful review. I am very pleased to read that you like the team at The Dipan were able to personalize your stay in every way possible in order to create the ultimate luxury experience for you. I am also happy to hear that you were able to experience all the amenities as well as the main pool. We very much appreciate your feedback and be assured that we make any effort to address it.

I have shared your positive comments with the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My husband & I just got back from Bali first time staying in Seminyak we loved our stay at the Dipan we stayed in a villa which was great, really helpful staff very friendly I was a little worried after reading other reviews about the noise but we didn't have a problem very quiet the only thing I would advise take lots of insect repellent I got lots of mozzie bites but my husband didn't get bitten at all,very close to great restaurants & beach.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
The Dipan R, General Manager at The Dipan Resort Petitenget, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear, Janis W

Thank you to share your experience during your stay with us here at trip advisor.com.

We happy to learn that you loved our friendly staff and also the villa that you stayed .
You are right , the noise from the construction is not an issue when you in the resort but externally it is a construction progress by our neighbor.
Seminyak area is the most popular tourist destination, many hotels , villas and other tourist facilities are built in this area at present time , it is very common in this area the project of construction being developed around ,it is all the process to make the area become nicer .
Thank you for letting us know about the mozzy, we will put special attention on doing an extra fumigation as now is rain season in Bali .

Thank you for the review , we are looking forward to having you stay again with us in the future.

Australia
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I just had a great stay at the dipan wi my boyfriend last week. We were there for a week and only had one issue, noise! The first night we arrived it was full moon so the bar next door was pounding out music till 5am. I'm sure this would have been fine if we hadn't of gotten room 123 which is the room on the front corner of the hotel. So you literally hear everything for the outside, no issue if the club wasn't next door, oh and then the construction as well!! Those workers only stopped for rain, otherwise it was drilling from early till 10pm at night. I learnt to sleep through anything after that trip.
We did ask to move rooms after the first night, they said they were fully booked although we hardly saw ppl at the resort, and then after 2 days the bar wasn't a problem and I couldn't be bothered moving rooms.
Also don't order the chicken for dinner at the restaurant, was the driest chicken ever had!

All this aside I did actually really like this place, I think if we had a room away from the outside wall and in towards the pool it would've Been perfect. The suites are a good size, bathroom is stunning and huge!! Staff were great, breakfast was great, and location was perfect too. Good for my boyfriend to surf every morning, and your right next to seminyak square and potato head, but it would recommend getting a scotter. Not only is it fun but it's qucker to zip around everywhere.
So I would def stay here again, possibly in a villa next time, or still in a suite but just making sure we had selected the proper room :)

Room Tip: Not 123 at the moment November 2013
Dear, Top Traveler 22

Thank you for sharing a review here at the trip advisor.com

Your comments is very valuable for us and we will definitely addressed them at the earliest possible time.
People booked to The Dipan recently mostly from on line , temporary construction noise is the fact that we have now ( again this is temporary and wont be long ) therefor we always look after our guest incase they are not happy , we always offer some thing for compensation before they asked for it , our room rate for time being also dropped down to make the value worth it .
The Dipan is very demanded , we are nearly booked 100 % time to time , some time we can not move our guest to another rooms but we always offer some thing to make them happy.

we hope that you have a chain to stay with us again in the future when the project from the neighbor is finish .

Moscow
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Had a short holiday in October and did not regret my choice to stay at The Dipan villas. Great staff, great service, facilities, food, had couple meals at Locale restaurant and must say I really enjoyed it. Overall nothing to complain about as this was a very nice stay. Will definitely recommend to friends, and looking forward to return back!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear, Viewer

Thank you for the review and we love to hear that you like all the services rendered by our staff and also the hardware provided by the Resort.

The Dipan Resort keep improving time to time , guest comments are definitely welcome no matter they are good or bad , because through it we could have a barometer to addressed what we need to improve base on priority scale .

once again thank you for your time spent wrote the review and we are very much look forward to welcoming you back to the island of Paradise.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed at the Dipan for one night only, since I was coming back from diving in PadangBai and stopped to eat well and have some fun in Seminyak with some friends before flying back home. The location and the value attracted me to this hotel, while normally I would stay in a villa with pool (what Bali old hands do! but obviously a villa costs perhaps double than a room here).

Pleased to report that the hotel is very pretty, modern, clean, stylish, etc etc. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. So nothing but good things to say.

Unfortunately, yes, there is a massive construction site in front of it, so the sight wasn't very pretty. I was aware of this and was very concerned about the noise. I am pleased to report that i didn't hear ANY noise in the time I was there (24 hours during a working day in mid november). I was in room 216, if that helps. But probably you should check with the hotel in advance to get a progress report. The construction is far from finished.

So the conclusion is that considering the PERFECT location within Seminyak, this place is an great deal, if you're not too fussy about the cement eyesore coming in and out of the hotel.

I have to add that they figured out it was my birthday and presented me with a birthday cake and sang me the HBD song before i checked out! (perhaps 15 staff in unison - very kind of them). This was very nice but it wasn't needed to change my opinion of the place - which is that it was excellent!

Room Tip: Second floor at the end of the corridor (i think it was 216). I heard no noise at all from the const...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
The Dipan R, General Manager at The Dipan Resort Petitenget, responded to this review, 26 November 2013

Dear, Estarman

Thank you for loving our hotel in all aspects .
Our location is one of the luck factor provided by my owner and also hard and software that we built complimented our prime location.
temporary there is a fact of building constructed by Alila hotel out side of our resort which they improved closer and closer time to time to a finishing stage and it is only temporary and the noise they made has been reduced time to time too.
Most of our guest are happy as we react very quick to giving them some complimentary services when they found unhappy thing during their stay that was why our hotel were nearly booked 100 % so far. and surprising every single guest with a simple birthday celebration is one of our attention to details.

Thank you for your review we are all looking forward to having you stay again with us in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The Dipan is a lovely hotel with a beautiful pool, and well located being a five minute walk from the beach. Just be warned, however, that at the moment (November 2013) there is a building site right next to the hotel and depending on which room you're in, can be pretty noisy and distracting. Not their fault - but think travellers should be informed before staying here.

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite side to the building site were much quieter.
1 Thank Charri2013
Dear , Viewer

Thank you to spent your time to write a review here at trip advisor .com
We always put our high attention to everything possible to make our guest happy , the building progress at our neighbor is beyond our ability to control as you may also see from the reviews written lately . but we do have the MOU with the owner to not work over time ( they only work during the working hours ) when most of our guest were out for tours or spent their time on our public pool for sun tan and beers .

yes , our location is very nice close to every where and our resort also specially crafted to pamper our guest needs , it is simple efficient and reasonable in prices .
FYI , our hotel is very busy and most of the time we are fully booked , some time we are often difficult to obtain when the guest asked for changing a room but we always attentively offering our guest a nice mutual solution to make them happy.

Once again thank you for the review we are all look forward to welcoming you back here at the Island of Paradise Bali .