“Couldn't take the noise!”

The Dipan Resort Petitenget
Ranked #64 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 3 January 2014

First of all we could not fault the staff always cheerful and helpful. BUT and it's a big but, how can any hotel work well when it's placed between a construction site and a night venue? Noise is the real downfall of this hotel. The first night we booked into one of the hotels rooms, but my wife had hardly any sleep due to the 'thump thump' music that went on till the early hours of the morning. Then in the morning the construction starts and with hard surfaces in all corridors, the banging of guest doors only adds to crescendo. We made the point to the front desk who quickly upgraded us to a villa, which was so much nicer but did not escape the night time music. Breakfast was average and generally served cold. But the noise was the killer. Can't stay at Dipan again!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This accommodation is well situated if you enjoy the hustle and bustle of the seminyak area.
The staff are very friendly and an asset to the establishment ..
The downfall was the construction noise during the day and the incessant thud thud of the local bar till early hours of the morning ...there was no mention of this when placing the booking when clearly it is going to be an ongoing issue
The price did not reflect good value

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed at the Dipan Resort with a friend in June 2013 for two weeks. It fitted our needs perfectly as we wanted to stay in one location and travel around Bali from Seminyak, instead of changing accommodation every few days. Staff were very friendly and accommodating, and the room we stayed in was always kept very clean, with a turn down service every day. The receptionists at the Dipan were also able to book us our day trips from the main desk which was helpful. Most excursions such as surfing, trips to Ubud, and the elephant safari offered a pick up service and were able to collect us up from the hotel. The breakfast provided was also very good, and the menu was quite varied. The pool area was very tranquil and quiet, and a high standard of service was offered.
Unfortunately there was construction work going on during our stay, however we were told it would be temporary. The surroundings of the construction site somewhat affected the beauty of the area. A lot of construction is happening in Bali right now anyway, so this was typical of many regions.
Overall, the Dipan was good value for what it provided and met the needs of our trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kerrigao
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Really nice & modern villa in seminyak, we stayed in 3rooms 2 level villa. Good location, good facilities nice pool and superb Breakfast with custom Tea or Coffee. Should have allocated more time to enjoy villa instead of maxing time outside. Bali has so much things to do & enjoy!!!. Only thing is the ongoing construction next door sort of mess things up a little. Definitely great place to stay in Bali and highly recommended. TQ.

Room Tip: Stay in multiple rooms villa, have larger area & facilities.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fred K
The Dipan R, General Manager at The Dipan Resort Petitenget, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear, Mr. Fred K.

Thank you for the 5 star review you shared here at The Trip Advisor.com and Happy New Year 2014.
Indeed , our location is prime so do the Resort and the services , as I have mentioned on the other responds , construction in Seminyak area is happen every where and the Alila construction at our neighbor will complimented the area become better and particularly will impact The Dipan positively .So far our guest were happy and we do have and memorandum of understanding with the project manager and the local owner of the Alila to not working beyond the working hours and also to maintain the cleanliness of the area from any mass and dust.
Therefor we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the short future to see how nice the area will be after the project is done.
Regards,

Ketut Wirya

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I recently returned from my stay in The Dipan Resort (13th - 16th December) and I would strongly recommend it to anyone considering a good villa resort which is value for money.

Upon arrival, my family and I were greeted with free welcome drinks. In addition, we were also each offered a 15 minute welcome massage, which we could use anytime during our stay there. This flexibility allowed us to plan our schedules accordingly without any need to rush. Our 3 Bedroom Villa was adequately comfortable and the staff members of the Resort were polite, friendly and helpful. I recall having difficulties operating the safe in the villa and requiring an additional toothbrush. The staff were very friendly and offered their assistance in a timely fashion. Although the Wi-Fi connection in my villa was intermittent and the signal was not always strong, this did not pose a big inconvenience as some parts of my villa had a stronger signal than others. In fact, the connection at the lobby/swimming pool is very strong.

The best part yet, was the breakfast menu offered by the resort. Guests could choose from a wide range of menu choices - Continental, Big Breakfast, Pancakes, French Toast, Local Breakfast etc. which included Coffee/Tea, Fruit Salad and a fruit juice of their choice. It was not a buffet style, but it was certainly tasty and filling.

The staff was also always ready to assist my family and I in our queries and requests. As I was not familiar with the surrounding areas, I often had to rely on their directions to get around from place to place. What impressed me most was their willingness to book taxis and some of the famous restaurants for us upon request immediately. In addition, it was through them I learnt that guest members of the Dipan Resort were allowed free entry to the adjacent Hu's Bar. In fact, unlike what i have read here, I did not experience any noise from the bar. They also provided us with umbrellas when it rained. We also booked a good full day tour to scenic and popular tourist spots for (US 60) for my entire family, which was very worth it. They also made a conscious effort to burn mosquito coils for us, which they left outside our villa.

In summary, I would strongly recommend The Dipan Resort to families and couple looking for a value and quality resort. Great location, ambience and service. I also take this opportunity to thank all staff members - the kitchen staff, the driver, hotel counter staff and the therapists in the Spa for the excellent service.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
The Dipan R, General Manager at The Dipan Resort Petitenget, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear, Dallas Robinson
Thank you to share your experience during your stay with us recently .
Happy New Year 2014 .
We all very glad to know that you would strongly recommend The Dipan Resort to families and couple looking for a value and quality Resort as we have a great location, ambience and services and especially you are happy with the excellent service delivered by our staff , I have extend your thankful to all of our staff and they very proud to hear and bring their confident to be a member of The Dipan Team .
It is our culture to provide as much information to our guest and offer a personalize service and flexibility not limit to what they asked , we even do change the money for them at a reputable authorized money changer , call a reputable taxi etc because sometime local currency make them confuse , basically our guest need come first before our rule and regulation .
Once again thank you for the fabulous review and we are looking forward to see you again in your next visit to Bali.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I recently returned from a one week stay at the Dipan Resort with a few friends and I must say I was surprised. Upon arriving we were greeted by gracious staff and check in was quick and easy. I have worked in the hotel business for a few years in the past and I can say that the VIlla's are Superb. I had a room with a private pool, very large tub (something that is hard to find for us taller people) and a very comfortable bed. Some people stated that they had issues with noise, I was rather close to the construction area with no issues at all. The resort and staff was just what I was looking for quiet and serine. The Continental breakfast was also amazing with choices for any style of food you prefer in the morning that included various freshly squeezed Juice. The property is about a two minute walk from the beach and near many restaurants and stores. The staff had perfect recommendations for everything we asked. They also put together a day of sightseeing some of the beautiful and interesting areas Bali Has to offer. The only thing that could of made it perfect was a Gym on the property. It is slighting on the romantic side I would suggest this for couples more than Solo travel, but it really depends on what you are after in your vacation. I very much enjoyed stay and look forward to returning again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear, Mr. Dallas
Thank you for your 5 star review shared here at the Trip Advisor .
It is a big honor for us to hear a magnificent comments about our Hotel from the expertise .
Beside of located in a prime location where most of landmark of Bali also located in the same area , we also supported by a reputable staff , especially we just hired Chef Edy who has intensive experience on food and beverage overseas and local , his expertise proactively has brought our service and product become to a higher level , and many of his creation are beyond of guest expectation .
Regarding the Gym we will bring this issue to the board meeting to be addressed on our Phase II later on and thank you for the bright idea that we may not included on our existing plan yet .
Thank you that you very much enjoy your stay with us recently and we are looking forward to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Just returned from an 8 day vacation in Bali. We spent the last 4 nights of our trip at the Dipan Resort and we were very impressed with the amazing customer service that we experienced during our stay.

The hotel is on the smaller side, so they didn't have an onsite concierge, but the reception staff did an excellent job arranging our snorkeling trip, locating a bag of souvenirs that our friend left at a boutique shop in Kuta, ordered McDonald's for us and they had one of their drivers take our group site seeing for a day.

The breakfast and juice selections were delicious (I highly recommend the carrot-orange-ginger juice or the strawberry-banana juice), their spa services were very reasonably priced, the hotel décor was trendy (reminded me of a NY loft) and the beach was an easy 5 minute walk.

The Dipan Resort is just off the main road and next to Baba's restaurant. Most taxi driver's didn't know where the hotel was located so just tell them the hotel is across the street from The Living Room (outdoor flea market) and that should help them find it. There was construction in front of the hotel, but the construction noise didn't start until 8am so it was very tolerable.

All in all the Dipan Resort was a great hotel and I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: All of the rooms that our group had were very spacious, but the corner room was the largest
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Oliveri 2010.

Happy New Year, 2014.
Thank you for your 4 star review posted here at Trip Advisor
We are thrill to know that you love The Dipan at all aspects of hard and software , those are the lucky of us to have the great location , nice design and well trained staff , even the fact temporary our neighbor ( Alila Hotel ) still have their project on progress , it has been start from 2 years ago and soon will complimented the area become more exclusive .
Hope we all have peace , joy and love year ahead .