Facts to note for review
1) Travelled as a couple
2) Minimal time spent in hotel.
3) We are very particular about safety, cleanliness, service, and location.
Stayed in one of the Suite rooms with a king sized bed instead of 2 singles. It was spacious but still has a luxurious, cosy feel to it. Pictures don't do it justice though. 4 stars
1) Mini fridge only has 1 ice tray
2) Safety deposit box issue. Resolved by making a phone call to the GM.
3) Construction right beside hotel. Projected completion date approx. 1 year, so March 2015.
4) No lift so we were happy staying on the 2nd floor.
Service was prompt, reliable, and always has smiling faces. 5 stars!
1) We were heading out at 8am in the morning, wanted to call and cancel our spa appointment due to a last minute change of heart. We asked the reception to help and was met with the usual "Okay, no problem!" and a smile. However, the spa was not open at that time and we had to leave as the driver is picking us up for our first activity of the day. We were afraid the receptionist would forget so we called the spa ourselves a couple of hours before our appointment and found that it was already cancelled.
2) We bought our own beers back to the rooms almost every night and due to the very limited ice trays, or tray, in the mini fridge, we asked the bar for a bucket of drinking ice. It would be brought up within the minute or 2, and with a smile.
3) We packed some awesome local food from a local diner some 5-8 mins motorcycle ride away and asked if we could heat it up in their microwave. It was served to us in individual plates and placed nicely as though they cooked it themselves.
4) The Hu'u Bar had a party on a friday night, hence, it was noisy for our room which was facing directly towards the bar. We found a letter from The Dipan Resort on the bed after house keeping, apologising for the loud music from Hu'u Bar and that by presenting The Dipan Resort's business card, we will gain free entry to the party should we wish to.
Location was great. Littered with tons of good touristy eateries, small boutique shops, money changer with better rates than in SG.
Places we liked within 5 mins walk:
1) Hu'u Bar for Shisha, beer, a big pool in the middle.
2) The Deck for pasta/pizza/beer
3) Kolega for Javanese food
4) Mexicola for Mexican food
5) Some ice cream shop with great beef rendang beside The Colony.
6) The mini-mart down the slope from the hotel.
Safety was great. Due to the sheer amount of small establishments around, each with their own security officers, we felt safe walking short distances. Hence the small list of places within 5 mins walk. We rode a bike for longer distances.
Rental of motorcycle was smooth and charged to the room. Rates were 50,000rp per day (one of the cheaper rates we've found). we rented from 5+pm on day 1 and were supposed to return by 5+pm on day 2. BUT, reception allowed us to return it several hours later. We were very grateful for that.
All in all, The Dipan Resort is a place we would recommend to any couple looking for adventures in Bali during the day and a romantic place to retire in the night. wink wink*
P.S. As usual, do clean the bathtub yourselves for peace of mind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE DIPAN RESORT, VILLA AND SPA epitomises fashionable luxury accommodation with acute attention to a design and style yet to be seen on the magical island of Bali. Our philosophy is simple: Anyone who stays with us should feel like a VIP rock star, a fashion icon, a celebrity designer . The Dipan resort, Villa & Spa is the first private villa complex in Bali to incorporate a truly metropolitan chic design aesthetic that blends tastefully with the rich tropical Bali milieu. Our guests can always expect the pleasing comfort of our one of a kind property and unique individual private villas, coupled with services and amenities befitting the most discerning traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your The Dipan Resort Petitenget reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dipan Resort Petitenget Bali/Seminyak