“Sooo Sooo Noisy-Awful”

The Dipan Resort Petitenget
Ranked #65 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I had been meaning to review this hotel for sometime now. I stayed here in September 2013. It was my first time in Bali & this was a bad hotel to choose. We booked online & paid half on booking, when we arrived & checked in we were then asked to pay our outstanding balance. Which we later realised we immediately realised was extremely strang. When we went to our room, we realsied we were directly across from a building site. A full construction site was underway directly across, I had eye contact with the builders. It was awful but I carried on(keeping my curtains drawn for most of our week stay there). We decided to live with the early morning wake to a crane or a cango hamer for the first days until it became a little unbarley. I arrived late 1night after a long day driving around to the building still going on. We then spoke to reception about this, they informed us they had no other rooms available which I found untrue. I spoke to 2other guests the same day & they had been moved to a villa as there room faced a noisy bar next door(in the hotel beside The Dipan.
The staff we all polite but some members had very poor English but I felt really conned. They had asked us to pay first knowing full well it was wrong as we would be very unhappy with our room & worried we would complain at the end of our stay when normally you would pay. This ruined our entire week as we could never sleep on & never have a nap throughout the day or even have an early night. It also had us in complete darkness for the week with no sunlight entering the room, it was horrible.
At the end I politely spoke with the manger, he was polite back. I advised during construction our room should not be used as it was the worst effected room in the hotel having full view(it was the only thing we could see from our room window). The manager then gave us spa treatments(complimentary) which were very unenjoyable as the staff were unhappy doing them.
Also another thing that happened while there. I was woken at 2am in the mroning to this crazy screaming & shouting, furniture moving, doors kicked & slamming. It was pretty scary I was petrified. When I mentioned it the next day the staff tried to say they didn't hear about this, which I later realised while speaking to other guests this was a lie! I hadn't complained I just asked staff what had happened as it was scary but then to be lied to is pretty insulting!

I also found the breakfast extremely "mean"!!! I am not a huge eater but I was never full.. We had dinner there once, it was also not very nice. The quality of the food was terrible! The fruit salad was the smallest portion I had even had in a restaurant. It wasn't good.
I would just like to warn other people of this as I reckon the construction may still be going on. Overal it was an awful experience I would never return to The Dipan combining all of the above reasons!

Room Tip: Not facing a construction site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cessy25
The Dipan R, Manager at The Dipan Resort Petitenget, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear cessy25,

Warm Greetings from The Dipan Resort petitenget,

We are from The Dipan resort management apologizes for your inconvenience that you spend for a week of your holiday at our resort, and this is the first time we received the worst feedback from all the previous comments and we also regret over this incident.

Regarding your complaint,we honestly say that the next door project there is truly exist and have been going on for several months, with all our strategy is not much we can do about it and beyond our control. We still trying to do all ability to please you and all the guests here,we greet and talk with the guests,giving relief and compliment to the guests and give the best service for all guests to cover complaints from existing project.

And once again we apologize besides the project ,we still having service dissatisfaction, such as breakfast, spa and others,our front office open 24 hours to receive any complaint during your stay and our managers are ready to assist you and provide excellent services to you.

Thank you for choosing our resort as your holiday destination and your fedback is our guideline to improve our quality of our service in the near future,

Furthermore we still expecting your arrival to comeback at our resort in the future,do not be hesitates to contact us and we are very happy to serve you.

Warm regards,
Management

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Great little hotel. Comfortable beds rooms, very close to the beach and the nicest parts of Seminyak, starting from Ku De Ta to Potato Head: all walking distance. The pool is small but in the shadow so the water stays really cool, which is really nice after a day on the beach. Alila being constructed next door but we didn't hear anything and weren't bothered in any way. We came as a family of 4 btw

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We just stayed here for our honeymoon! All the staff there bend over backwards to help and are so friendly! The spa ladies are also lovely and the massages are to die for - we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here during April 2014. We got the airport pick up from the hotel which cost $30US. It is important to note this is at least 50% higher than if you get a metered taxi from the road.. it only cost us $15 to get back not using the hotel.
We got an amazing room superior room with beautiful bed, bathroom, breakfast.. it was very large and very clean..equiped with all amenities. However we arrived at night and the day before a public holiday. The taxi told us this is good as there is construction and no one will be working the next day so no noise. We did not know this beforehand and soon realised that by early morning there were all sorts of construction and noise next door.. We could not sleep and worse because there is only one window in the room you can't open the window to get natural light as the builders can see right into your room..its so close and so noisy and they work late into the night and early morning to avoid the heat. Despite the noise the hotel staff were lovely and delivered breakfast which was delicious to our room every morning. We loved the hotel, staff and the location is perfect for potato head, the square etc. but it is under construction and a lot of noise. If you are prepared for this and can sleep through loud noise… Then you will love it!

Room Tip: Stay furthest away from the road and construction and make sure you have a window you can get natura...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank AJ4PB
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Loved it. Great location with spacious rooms above expectations.
Staff were great and the breakfast was exceptional.
5 star boutique premise with value at an affordable price. We felt very welcome.
Only minutes from all our favorite spots.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ColinSeal
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Bagged a low season deal including breakfast, one dinner and 60 min massage.

Location can't be beat, super close to Metis, Sardine and Sarong - as well as many others, all of which were very enjoyable.

Great suite room 127, minimal noise, amazing pool, friendly attentive staff, breakfast and all food, freshly squeezed juices and macchiato coffees were delicious, spa massage as good as anywhere i've been including bodyworks.

If I had to pick on anything here, it is that the lighting for the mirrors were not great for getting ready in the evening, and rain shower didn't have hand held tap option for girls with long hair who do not wish to wash it every day. Bring your own hairdryer. Pretty petty stuff really! We couldn't fault it!

There is construction next door but we didn't notice it at all. The club next door was no bother either. Slept right through, and we went to bed early every evening. The previous reviews had me worried but i'm wondering if perhaps they were a little precious? Or maybe we had a good room ;)

Will definitely stay here again if visiting Bali, thankyou so much for our fantastic stay!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 25 March 2014

we had amazing stay with Dipan, we were given free room upgrade to villa stay instead giving us two rooms. thank you! and variety foods are served within the hotels local and limited variety international cuisines and many restaurants and cafes are available within walking distant till late hours. we had 4 amazing days in Bali and thank you for your kind hospitality.

Room Tip: see my review for detail. have fun guys...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family