The Dipan Resort Petitenget
The Legian Bali(Seminyak)
US$653
US$563
Agoda.com
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$405
US$290
Agoda.com
The Kayana Bali(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$248
US$239
Agoda.com
L Hotel Seminyak(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$107
  • Pool
Cicada Luxury Townhouses(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$171
Orbitz.com
The Trans Resort Bali(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$513
US$152
Hotels.com
Villa Kubu Seminyak(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$617
US$593
Travelocity
TS Suites Leisure Seminyak Bali(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$304
US$118
US$228
TripAdvisor
All reviewspotato headbedroom villaprivate poolwalking distancesmall resortseminyak squarethree bedroomwater dispenserthe main pool arearain showermotel mexicolathe main roadla lucciolabig bathroomrecommend this resortsea circusfree upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The dominant thing for me - which is unfortunate because there's so much that's good about the Dipan - is that the location is a little too discreet, and the showering experience was just regrettable. I'll explain the two:

The Dipan is insanely easy to miss - it's located in a small (and I mean SMALL for Seminyak) in-road that is hard to find, hard to notice and if you don't know what you're looking for you'll miss it. There is one small sign informing you that the Dipan is within, and that's it. This proved to be an issue at 1 am when my driver went around 3 times before we found the entrance, and that purely by chance. I now know that I should look out for the "Alila Villas Seminyak" (it's currently a construction site), but that 1st night was trying.

The other thing is that for our 3 bedroom villa, there were 2 main issues. First, there's only a rain shower that's way too tall - Robert Wadlow would have problems hitting it. Some might like it but I didn't - it made washing just my body impossible. But add to that the fact that the hot water never seemed to work, and that the water pressure was bad, meant that the shower experience (esp after hot dusty days outside) was not enjoyable. Which meant that returning to the villa was much less of the Nirvana it should have been.

But there is much to like about the villa - the staff are attentive, the breakfast was decent, the villa itself was quite comfortable (6 of us stayed in the villa for 2 days and there were times we didn't know the others were there - so it's a real house!) and the beds were soft and fluffy. The hotel is right next to Potato Head and La Lucciola, and the main pool near the lobby looked like a lot of fun. So there is much to love about the Dipan (and the Groupon for the villa didn't hurt); but unfortunately my experience was marred by the above 2 factors. As another reviewer said, "Could have been amazing". Unfortunately, it wasn't.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Diamond B, Director of Sales at The Dipan Resort Petitenget, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear,Guest

Thank you to spent your value time to write a true experience here at Trip Advisor .

We love to know that you enjoy to spent your holiday with us and definitely will come back for future stay, we also will address your down fall comment to the related department to be follow up immediately.

Once again , Thank you very much for staying with us and we are looking forward to see you again next time.

See you next time.
The Dipan Resort, Villas and Spa

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Exceptional help with our business documents by Receptionist at Check-in counter made us feel welcome straight away.
Pool and Gazebo area was divine, we enjoyed a last day relaxing the day before our home flight after a hectic 3 week trip to 4 different islands

Room Tip: Suite overlooking pool was great
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank roughrider65

Dear, Guest

Thank you for the comments that you shared here at Trip Advisor.
We are glad to hear that you were enjoy your stay with us and also happy with the services that we provided.

Thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best regards,
The Dipan Resort, Villas and Spa

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

The Dipan is centrally located within walking distance to the beach, restaurants, shopping, spas, etc.

We booked a one-bedroom villa and we're upgraded to a three bedroom. The villa was clean, well appointed and modern.

The problem lied with the apparent dog kennel next door. At least a half dozen dogs were caged outside and barked constantly. We were awoken at all hours of the night and disturbed during the day. We're not a couple to normally complain, but we asked the staff if anything could be done. Staff offered to move us to another villa but it was still in close proximity to the dogs on the residential property.

It was incredibly disappointing to fly half way around the world to not be able to sleep.

The construction and bar were also a deterrent to relaxing. We generally spent our time at the beach on day trips and only used the villa to try to sleep. Such a waste for such a nice property.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AshPatSat
The Dipan R, General Manager at The Dipan Resort Petitenget, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear, Ash Pat Sat

Thank you for your comment that you shared here at Trip Advisor .

First of all, please apology for the dogs bucking ruin your sleeping time during your stay , we will do a friendly coordination with our neighbor to move their dogs inner in to their house . for your information Bali's people love pets specially Dog and I believe every one does .

We are very flexible to our guest , we commonly change the villa / room if the guest not happy with their villa , only some time because of the high demand of our Resort some time we are not able to do it because we were fully booked , in this case we normally offering guest free spa , lunch or dinner or even a day tours.

by the way , thank you for staying with us and I personally guarantee there is no longer Dog kennel from the neighbor again.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Dipan Resort is an ideal boutique resort. By boutique I mean that there aren't very many rooms, nor very many guests. You feel at home here. The rooms are very large, with big, soft beds (very soft by the standard I'm used to in East Asia; this may be a plus for some, a minus for others).

The bathrooms are massive, and have a separate shower and tub area. The problem though is that the water pressure is very low. It could take the better part of an hour to fill the tub. For the shower, the water pressure is also very low. Regardless, the bathroom is lovely, with a stone/wood motif going on.

Breakfast is not buffet--you choose from a set menu with a few different options. It is served downstairs in a main dining area that you have to walk through to access your rooms. I was perfectly pleased with my breakfast and most morning when I got up late and at a 9:30 or 10 I was dining completely alone. The staff was attentive and very pleasant.

Rooms are cleaned rapidly and well--something I love. The staff pays attention to when you leave and cleans the room when you are out rather than knocking on your door and bothering you or even worse, as I have seen in some hotels, calling your room.

The pool area is nice but has limited sunlight. So if you are looking for sun, there is only really one or two chairs that can get it, owing to the amazing landscaping done around the pool, with huge amounts of foliage and palms. It's quite nice, but not incredibly isolated, as the pool forms a junction between three sections of the hotel, so people are often coming and going including staff. You don't feel very private there.

The location is great. You are just about a 7 minute walk from Seminyak Beach. The hotel will give you towels for the beach. You are also very close to some of the best restaurants in Petitenget including Sarong, Biku and Potato Head. Eat Street is about a 10-15 minute walk away--very close. Really, this is an excellent spot. The only downside is that there is construction going on nearby so you will get woke up at about 8 a.m. by hammering and drills and things. There is also a bar next door that plays somewhat loud music until 11 p.m. You could probably change rooms if it really bothers you, but the music wasn't so loud.

The attached spa does a nice job. I tried it twice. They will give you a 50% discount if you ask. I thought the Balinese massage with oil after a long afternoon at the beach was perfect for me.

Wifi is blazing fast here--something I really needed since I was on a working vacation.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear, Bahn Ran

Thank you for you long review that you shared here at Trip Advisor.

Yes we are located in a prime location where the most of iconic places are around us and also we are very close to the beach and eating street .

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed in many of the 4-5 star hotels in Bali but Dipan is definitely up there with the best. No commercialized feel, Dipan feel more like a home away from home. We got the villa with private pool and the ever-friendly staff makes you feel even more like home. When weather's not favorable for you to venture out you can always stay indoors and catch some shows through the massive selection of channels, or using the dvd player provided.
Construction going on around it makes it dusty and noisy during the day but that's all good if you can put up to that (ear plugs help!)

Special thanks to Gedek for arranging the scooter rental and assistance rendered through my stay. Would recommend it to couples and groups of friends alike.
Overall the Dipan's a great place to stay, great staff and good value for money

Room Tip: Private villa offers the most bang for your buck especially if you are travelling in a group
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
The Dipan R, General Manager at The Dipan Resort Petitenget, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear, Mr. Dannex

Our staff is the greatest asset we have , Gede is one of our security guard even he is a security he also able to offer any service may requested by our guest because one of our philosophy is " whenever you need pitch in and help , there is no words of that is not my job "

We are very proud of them and because of they happy then they able to serve our guest in a proper way .

Seminyak is the most popular area for Bali tourist destination, in fact the building construction are progressing here and there and it is very common happen and it will be done pretty soon and once they done the area become more beautiful .

At The Dipan it self ( inside of the property ) we are not disturbing so bad from the noise of the construction , the public pool with water sound make the area become so tranquility and most of our guest having sun bath , drinks and went to the Spa during the day time.

by the way , it was nice to spent some time to talk with you during your stay and thank you for the review that you shared it will helping other viewers to understand better about our property .

See you next time.