“Near Perfection” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #133 of 410 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
sydney
“Near Perfection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Lodek Villa's provide a perfect secluded Villa in a reasonably good location.

The accomodation is as photgraphed and whilst only the rear unit (in which we stayed) has the large garden the other 3 looked fine.

The selling point is certainly the Staff. The girls that cooked our breakfast and serviced the room were attentive and warm. As for April the Supervisor all I can say is WOW. She could run a 5 star hotel with her hospitality skills, simply amazing.

We required a doctor during our stay and this was organised with a minimum of fuss.

The Good

The Villa
The Bed
The Staff
The outdoor Shower
The Garden
Air Conditioning in the rooms

The Bad

Location isn't completely central
As previous reviews stated the Hot water service units are rubbish

The Ugly

No door Knobs on the outside of the outdoor shower doors (How do you get back in?)

The transport that they arrange. First car had no Seatbelts, the second had major issues with fumes. Just find your own transport....it's not that hard.

The microwave didn't work.

Definately would recommend Lodek Villas

Room Tip: Take the rear unit if available. Find your own driver.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank johnnycjay
Dear Johnny,

Thank you for your time to share your experience during your stay with us. We also appreciate for the input and advise given. However, we do apologize if there were any inconvenience services. Hopefully, with your advise, we could improve our quality and service better in the future.
Once again thank you and hopefully we could assist you on your next coming.

Best Regards,

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

The villa was clean and spacious and well equipped. The location was excellent and very quiet and peaceful. Beautiful garden and pool. The on site manager and staff were amazing. We stayed as a family with a 15mth girl. She was much loved by all. She required a doctor during our stay and this was arranged quickly and reasonably. The staff were so caring. Highly recommend Lodek Villas.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Geoffro99
Dear Geoffrey,

Thank you for your stay with us and we are glad to know that you have enjoy with our Villa and happy with the good services of our team. We are appreciate on it. Once again thank you and we do hope that we could assist you on your next coming.

Best regards,
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed in 2 bedroom villa for 4D3N in Dec 13.

Bedrooms are airconditioned. Very spacious and can accomodate 1 extra bed in each room. Very beautiful villa. Nice pool but must watch out if your kids can’t swim.

Mosquitoes bites are inevitable if you are staying in villa. Our house ladies are swift in providing mosquito coils for the living room and electric repellent in the bedrooms.

Overall it is bearable. We let our kids stay in aircon bedrooms most of the time.

24 hrs security service made our stay very secured. House ladies turned up every morning to prepare breakfast and in the noon to clean up the rooms.

We can call upon them if we have other requests. They are always friendly and helpful.

I have requested them to help me order food (Wahaha pork ribs, Italian pizzas,pasta etc).

Also asked them to arrange for Balinese full body massage in villa. Not cheap at IDR200K for 60mins but we don’t mind paying for the convenience.

Did not engage their driver for our day tours as the charges are quite high compared to other sources. One of the young drivers who drove us from the airport showed black face when he learned that I have booked another driver from other sources for my day trips. On our last day hotel-airport transfer, he also doesn't bother to talk to us.

Villa is located in a tiny lane. About 1-2 minute walk out of our villa, we will reach the main road. There is a guardian pharmacy just at the entrance of the lane.

Many shops along the main road but we have no chance to explore due to tight schedule.

Taxis are easily available and rides are very cheap.

Bintang Supermarket is about less than 5 mins tax ride (cost about S$1). It is more for groceries shopping.

We also took a taxi (10mins) ride to Bali Brasco for some last min shopping. Branded knockoffs. Good quality at cheap prices. Worth a visit if you stay in Seminyak.

Due to our packed schedule, we also do not have time to visit the beach at Seminyak.

Overall it is a very pleasant stay and I wish I have more time to enjoy the villa stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank JJJH
Dear J,

Thank you for your review and we are happy to hear that you were enjoy your stay at our Villa. We do apologize if your stay not uncomfortable due the Mosquitoes bites during your stay. We cannot avoid this nature annoyance since our villa is an open living room. But we will keep doing our best to reduce the mosquitoes' attack for making Guest's stay more comfortable. Once again thank you for sharing your good time with us and appreciate on it. We do more than happy if we could assist you again on your next coming.

With Best Regards,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Our house ladies made our stay fantastic and we didn't want to leave a negative review, however, we were disappointed with a few issues. 1) We DID NOT ask but, driver booked himself to take us to Waterbom. This would have cost us $AUD50. Being regulars to Bali, we are fully aware it only costs $4-$5 from Seminyak to Waterbom. 2) Asked management to book White Water Rafting. Gave them brochure opened on paged and stated that this was the company we wanted to go with. Management booked through different company, affiliated with Lodek. This was going to cost us an extra $AUD82. I asked them to cancel, and I rebooked over the internet myself. 3)We have 3 boys (7,9 & 11), it would have made sense to put us in the Villa with the large yard (the one on their website) rather than the older couple and their son and daughter-in-law. Due to lack of room, one of our boys bounced a ball onto the table and smashed a coffee mug, costing us $AUD5......bit rich!! 4) We reported to Lou the hot water system was leaking gas and when in use flames were shooting out of the top and this filled the bathroom and bedroom with gas, therefore we all had to use the one bathroom. He didn't bother to check and just told us "this was normal". My husband runs a gas company and I can assure you this WAS NOT normal even by Bali standards. A couple of days later when we saw April (other manger), I again expressed my concerns and she came and had a look immediately. She was very apologetic and was going to have it seen to. Upon leaving, all Lou was concerned about was Lodek's Trip Advisor rating, as he stated to us to make sure we put in a good review.

Room Tip: it is no more than $5 in a taxi from Seminyak to Kuta. Can be as little as $2 to come back.
6 Thank Bronbar
KD_Bali, Manager at The Lodek Villas, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Mrs. Bronbar,

Thank you for your review and I am truly apologize that you feel uncomfortable during your stay with us. I would like to clarified as some of your complaint due some of them are not affiliated to our services;

1. I immediately check to all my staff, none of them knew about this transaction. We hired the driver only to have airport transfer services, any further transaction beyond that point without our knowledge is not our responsibility.

2. Regarding the white water rafting issue, you sent mail to our reservation to booked it for you and they did, they forwarded the price to the villa to ask for your decision and we did, you did not agree and decided to cancel. I did not see there is other company involved, we did as a part of our services and have nothing to do with the price that the rafting company gave.

3. We never charge extra if any of our guest would like to choose which villa they prefer, we did
not offer you because the villa you referring to is not available due to other guest occupied the
villa.

4. In the guest book that I hand over to you during check-in we did wrote that lost and breakage
are chargeable and the price are not negotiable, we did charged breakage to all of our guest.

5. My apologize for the hot water system, I did not check because I know it was not leaking, and after you address the matter to me, I did mentioned that you need to open the water valve more towards the hot direction to achieve the correct water pressure that will ignite the water heater. I am sure your husband knew that gas water heater need extra water pressure compare to electric.

6. It' is my duty to always remind all guest to wrote review for the villa during the check-out
procedure, it is not compulsory for you to wrote if you feel disappointed with our services.

I thank you for mentioning our staff was delivering an excellent services and I'll
make sure they know about this. Thank you.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

Everything was good at the Lodek. Friendly, efficient, helpful staff. My husband accidently leave his walking stick at the villa and realized it when we almost reach airport for our flight home but the staff took the effort to sent it to us at the airport. Thank you for that. The only two things I think the villa should have is house sleepers and instructions on how to use the safety box. Other than that our stay at the villa was a perfect home away from home...

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Erni A
KD_Bali, Manager at The Lodek Villas, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Ms. Erni
Very delighted review and I thank you very much for your positive input to make our service better. I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoy your stay with us.

I spoke with Teha and she said will having a group holiday in Bali with her friends after graduating
high school, I hope you will recommend us to be their accommodation. Looking forward to be
at your service again and take care. :D

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

We (my husband, two year old and I) has a lovely week or so at the Lodek Villas. The location, cleanliness and friendly/helpful nature of the staff is what lead me to give this property an excellent rating.

The location is excellent - close to lots of good shops, restaurants, cafes (nearby Cafe Zucchini has excellent coffee), Bintang Supermarket and not far from the beach. Carrefours is not too far away either by scooter/taxi.

As some other reviewers have mentioned we would probably prefer to have the TV in the main area, not the bedroom but its not a major concern. Also would have been good to have some local area maps/more info but again, thats what google is for!

If you are looking for full-service resort style accommodation, Lodek might not be for you. However, we prefer villa style accommodation because you have more privacy and, especially travelling with small children, it allows you to live more like you would at home in terms of space, play areas and the ability to prepare food etc in your kitchenette.

It does mean you don't have the benefit of room service and other on-demand services but its still a lot better than what we have at home i.e. me doing everything!

We also like a private pool so we dont feel bad about our daughter annoying adult guests in a shared pool (and also stops us from getting annoyed by anyone elses noisy kids!). For safety, we requested a pool fence be setup, this was setup before we arrived and while not the prettiest fence int he world it did the job perfectly.

The staff are a delight - kind, friendly, helpful and respectful. Great with kids! The staff really elevate Lodek to a difference level, I wish I could take them everywhere with me.

All in all a great place to stay, I would probably stay again when we are next in Seminyak.

1 Thank ali_g_Sydney
KD_Bali, Manager at The Lodek Villas, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Ally,

Thank you for describing us very well ally and my apologize for not providing TV in the living room. It is been our intention to not providing too much gadget in the outside area so our guest able to maximize their quality time with family, friends, or them selves. This line will be my new update check-in explanation in the future and I thanks to you personally. I'm very glad knowing that you and your family enjoy your stay with us.

Looking forward to see you again in the future and until then, take care and send our best to your husband and lots of hugs to the little princess.

PS: You might want to explain who is her father because she called every male staff Papa. LoL.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is a quiet, private oasis just a short walk up a driveway off the main drag of frenetic, chaotic Seminyak. It is a lovely, first rate villa – very accurate to the photos on Lodek's web site.
I fully concur with the review by emilymay_burns.
I went with my wife and two daughters – 25 and 28 year olds plus the future son-in-law. Lodek organised an extra bed to be put in my wife and my room – at extra cost [for the 25 year old].
It was a lovely villa and we enjoyed staying there [but you are isolated from the action as compared to a resort]. It was a lovely venue for family "bonding".
If you are considering a private villa I recommend it. It is a beautiful spacious sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of Seminyak.
The only slight negative is that it is a long way from the beach and the name places eg. Ku De Ta and Potato Head – but taxis are ultra cheap. There ARE lots of shops nearby.
My 28 year old daughter's comments:
Perfect for family
Beautiful garden
Perfect secluded quiet haven
Oasis
Could be better location- closer to Seminyak beach or Legian
My 25 year old daughter's comments:
Very friendly staff, modern Balinese set up. Clean, spacious. And not just great for family bonding but any group get away.

Room Tip: The very rear villa I think would be the best. You only have one villa joining you.
2 Thank Ashley V
Kadek_Adnyana, Manager at The Lodek Villas, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear Ashley,

Thank you very much for your review and thank you for sparing your time to wrote it too. It was a pleasure to have you and your family here with us and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to see you again in the future ash, send my best to Silvia from me and be careful with the numbers you play with alright! 