“I don't know what room you guys had but ours was filthy!”
Review of Aqua Villa

Aqua Villa
Ranked #127 of 146 Hotels in Seminyak
Melbourne, Australia
“I don't know what room you guys had but ours was filthy!”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

On first impression it looks ok, it is a sweet place and the staff are great, however the rooms were tidied each morning but the shower, bench and bed side tables were not cleaned in the five days we stayed, the shower I don't think it had been cleaned in a year!
the breakfast was also dreadful, the place is very remote and you need a taxi to get even to a shop to buy anything, also the shower was a trickle of water so I couldn't wash my hair I had to go to hair dresser.
It is a pretty place and the pool is nice but really even at this price which is cheap it should be a lot cleaner.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janali05

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Indonesian first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 May 2013

first impression is: sleek, modern, clean. Then I scooped around my little villa and noticed that shower and bathroom a bit dingy, a couple of stains on the sheets and ants on the floor- not the end of the world. The breakfast was amazing and the staff was friendly. The location was a bit secluded from the city...so many taxi rides to and from the city for us- as we love to shop and go to the beach. The taxi drivers didn't really know the hotel by the name...make sure you remember the city and street name for the driver. But if you want an escape, this location is great. There's construction going on, but we barely felt it. All was going well for my 4 night vacation here at aqua villa bali, minus the last day of my stay where I realized my authentic apple USB was stolen! I wanted to give my iPad a final charge and as I plugged the USB in, I realized that the color was yellowed and that the little USB logo on the plug was black (which, for all apple users, you know it's gray). On top of all this, the USB didn't even WORK!!! so I was left without a USB, and couldn't charge my gadgets before my 22 hour plane ride back home. The manager pretty much denied everything and didn't offer any thing to compensate. HIDE YOUR THINGS if you are going to stay here!

Room Tip: watch out for the frogs and enormous bees!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sanam L
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I chose this hotel for a short overnight stay before moving onto other parts of the island.

First off, its a budget hotel, so you have to align your expectations accordingly. Nevertheless, I classify the rooms as just functional: a simple living room, sparse bathroom, and kitchen without a sink or plates and cutlery, making self catering impossible. The lighting was glaring and clinical and the decorations bare and cold. Certainly no ambience to the place.

The pool was uninviting and surrounded by a gaudy barrier meant to hide construction work.

The location is far from everything and I wouldn't know how to access any of the more lively areas or what it would cost.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank lefrogster
Beijing, China
Reviewed 11 April 2013

When the driver took us on the countryside road, I really worried about the place because it looks like we were so far from the downtown area. When we got up the next morning, we fallen in love with the hotel. It is small, neat and friendly. You can not require for 5-stars international services there but the whole situation and circumstance are what we like. We are glad to choose this one as the first living place in the Bali island. And actually, it is not very far from the downtown. We also like the local village and the local street by the villa. The only problem when we lived there was they were doing some constructions so the front part looks a little messy. Anyway, I think it is definitely the best value choice.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 499CatherineL
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed at Aqua Bali Villa for 5 nights and thought it was definitely a great place for the price we paid! Service was very good throughout – from the friendly hotel manager to the talented gardener, rooms were very clean and comfortable overall. This place is filled with beautiful hanging flowers and plants. We also greatly appreciated the complimentary daily shuttle to Seminyak central. Taxis from Seminyak back to the villa were very affordable – approx 25K rupiah on the meter. Directions to taxi drivers were very simple, just say "Umalas Klecung", they'll find the main street easily and from there you will only need to tell them where to stop. The only fault we could find is that Wi-Fi is not accessible from the rooms and we could only use it when in the reception/dining area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank siewmai
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed for five days at the Aqua Villa. We had just an amazing time and didn't want to check out at all! The pool is perfect and all of the staff is so friendly and welcoming. They were always ready to take the extra step for you! We were so grateful to find this villa, and on this price! Also the cleaning was spotless, the rooms spacious and the massage the best in SA- Asia, from my opinion (and on good price!). It's located a little bit outside of town, but that's fine since the taxi rate is very low or you can rent a motorbike :).

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PerlaMagg
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Stayed two weeks with my wife. Very friendly staff, quite place, nice pool, little bit boring breakfast
As others said little bit far from the "life", but for us this was rather an advantage.You have to take taxi for going to anywhere, but its really cheap.
From the staff I have call your attancion for Wayan Mega Putra, who is really kind guy and very helpful

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple