“Bali Paradise”
Review of The Legian Bali

The Legian Bali
Ranked #8 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 11 June 2011

I love the Legian hotel. We have stay here 5 times now over the last 4 years. Each time it is a very special place. The staff are first class, the facilities are world standard. The rooms are luxurious and large, the views are incredible. I particularly like the daily lunch special and the omelette for breakfast. It is a short walk or drive to many of Seminyaks restaurants and other attractions. The fact the beach is rough does not worry us as the pool at the Legian is terrific and right on the beach. We are going back in September, cant wait.

Room Tip: any room here is great, I prefer the main hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drswoods
Write a ReviewReviews (1,619)

Reviewed 3 June 2011

Our holiday was perfect in every way, thanks to the wonderful staff at The Legian. The service was impeccable, the breakfast divine, the pool and lounges are fantastic, the view is magnificent, what can i say - but I can't wait to come back !!!

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank holidayforever
Reviewed 2 June 2011

After one disappointing night in a Sanur hotel, our amazing experience at The Legian's sister hotel Chedi Club in Ubud made us decide to gonfor quality and choose The Legian for the rest of stay. We figured, being 3-4 times the scale of Chedi Club in no. of rooms, it would be good but perhaps not great. Well, it was more than great. Welcomed by name, given a wonderful ground floor suite with unbelievable facilities such as Bose soundsystems and two fully stuffed iPods, and with every single staff member doing their very best to make us comfortable.

Everything this hotel offers is top quality, as every review seems to confirm. But most notable is the personal attention we experienced. The hotel manager, Carla, the restaurant manager Chendra, all would stop by every now and then to see how we were enjoying our stay. We were even invited to a cocktail party at the Legian Beach House, and were given a wonderful tour of this exclusive 6 guest top notch accommodation. Something to remember for our next wedding anniversary!

3  Thank gerardpu
Reviewed 30 May 2011

The Legian is just one of the best places I have ever stayed, and l loved every single moment of being there.
It is like staying in a big comfy mansion, a home where nothing is too much trouble for the amazing staff. I cannot thank them enough for looking after me so well. As a solo traveller I really appreciated the way I was treated at meals where not once did I feel uncomfortable or odd for dining alone, but rather delighted at the care and friendliness.
The hotel is close to all the attractions of Seminyak and walking distance to great little massage boutiques around the area, a favourite pastime of mine while in Bali.
It is the pool though and those comfortable day beds looking out at endless breaking waves that are the highlight of the place. You could (and I did spend a whole day in total bliss shaded by coconut palms and the most attentive pool staff I ever encountered. STUNNING!!
My room was awesome with incredible views of the pool, the gardens and most importantly the sunset into the ocean. Nothing lacked, and all my senses were totally catered for with little touches like incense cones and an ipod set with soft music to lull me into dreams of tropical paradise. Good part is I would wake in the morning knowing I had yet another day to spend there.
The restaurant food is to die for, breakfast, lunch and dinner, and even though there are a ton of good places around the area it was very easy just to eat in knowing the food would be excellent.
I will visit there again. Perfect for time out, very classy but with a relaxed non pretentious environment, The Legian has won my heart.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank linisleo
Reviewed 29 May 2011

We have just returned from 10 days at The Legian. We travel a lot all around the world and have very high standards. We normally stay at the Four Seasons hotels however we went with a big group so thought that this would work out better. We were right! I went with wife, help and twin infant babies and my mum and grandma were in a seperate suite. The suites are HUGE. There are many "little touches" that are great. Such as 2 ipods filled with great music that one can use freely whilst in the resort. Little notes left on pillow each night. Complimentary afternoon Tea and Snacks served betwen 4-6pm. All complimentary soft drinks replensihed daily in suites; These are all very nice touches and paying the amount the one does to stay there, one would expect this however most resorts of this calibre still charge for this.
What made the stay even more pleasurable was the nature of the staff. From the people who make up your room and work in the grounds right up to the AGM - Didier who we spoke with several times.
Everyone addressed us by our name. Even people who I swear had never seen me before, knew our names. They went out of their way to make one feel welcome. The food was also great. We ate breakfast and lunch in the hotel every day and also had room service and a beach Seafood BBQ. All of the meals were great!
We would definately go back to the Legian and I couldn't recommend it highly enough

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Oldskooltrav
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Sometimes its the management and staff running a hotel which makes all the difference, and this is the case with The Legian. Physically the hotel itself is very nice with large well appointed rooms ( so large the light switches are a bugger to find), large well kept grounds and pool, nice hip ing the has been well looked after, although the styling has an older robust feel, rather than some more contemporary hotels, and this seems to suit the target clientele.

The staff and management of the hotel are fantastic, as other reviews have pointed out they are helpful friendly and know your surname even though we only stayed 3 nights. Our departing flight was at midnight and checkoutform the hotel was at 12noon, but they have a spare suite for guests to use (1hour bookings) at no cost plus we were able to stay at the hotel (luggage in storage) all day and use the facilities. We spent the day by the beach and boogie boarding before watching the sunset, using the courtesy suite and leaving for the airport. We oveheard others who had been at the airport since midday, so this service made all the difference.

Ignore the bad review, the rooms are fully equipped and the tv is in the living room not the bedroom, you should get up to watch and why would anyone go to Bali to watch tv anyway!

1  Thank jameshariman
Reviewed 7 May 2011

The reason what makes this hotel so fabulous is the extremely helpful and friendly staff. We have been here for five days and have had the most splendid time. Our room is perfect, ample space inside, tastefully furnished, views direct out onto the sea and a bed to die for. The Spa is also definitely worth a visit. Each masseur has learnt each massage for three months before they can practice and they are heavenly. The Tibetan Hot Stone massage is highly recommended. Ignore the review of the person who wrote such disparaging remarks. None of it is true. I could not recommend the Legian more highly.

1  Thank jerecord
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
The St. Regis Bali Resort
The Kunja Villas & Spa
The Kunja Villas & Spa
#1 of 148 in Seminyak

Been to The Legian Bali? Share your experiences!