A good mini-bar, comfortable beds, attractive rooms, the sound of the waves in your room -- they're everywhere. What makes a good hotel great? Staff, staff, staff. The Legian has been a fixture on this beach for 15 years or so, and I'll bet most of the staff have been there since the first day. They are warm and welcoming, and take great enjoyment from having happy clients in their "home". Good management that empowers them to be creative is essential -- this is not the kind of service a manager can simply command. Overall, it is very impressive.
On the other hand, there are always a few things ... The iPods in the rooms contain a huge stock of albums, but would greatly benefit from a selection of well-composed playlists -- when I go on holiday, I don't want to wade through Metallica and Burt Bacharach, I just want to choose a good jazz playlist. Next, the in-room decor could use a critical eye. The giant shells were impressive 15 years ago, but today we are reminded that these are endangered species and most are probably on the CITES list for banned trade. And how about certification as an officially green hotel? That would REALLY make clients happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Legian Bali is an exclusive all-suite hotel set in landscaped tropical gardens, offering unrivalled views across the Indian Ocean. Flanked by quiet beach, this luxurious property offers a unique chance to experience the magical island of Bali in a relaxed setting. Beautifully integrated within landscaped gardens and lotus ponds, The Legian Bali boasts 67 sea-facing suites plus The Beach House in an ample variety of exquisite accommodation style. Situated in a quiet enclave in Seminyak, and adjacent to the exclusive The Legian Bali, a cluster of 14 private villas stands majestically amid scented gardens and private pools. This exquisite residence that redefines luxury living in the tropics is The Club at The Legian, offering guests the ultimate in privacy, and unobtrusive, yet flawless, personalised service. The Legian Bali and The Club at The Legian present all the charms of Balinese hospitality in its personable service, customised spa treatments and alluring surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, MrandMrsSmith, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Legian Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Bali Seminyak
- Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Hotel Bali
- Legian Seminyak
- Bali Legian
- The Legian Bali Seminyak