Nothing was too much for the staff the Legian. Firstly, as a honeymoon couple we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom luxury suite on arrival which was the size of a large London apartment! Now I'm not one to really use a concierge service that much at a hotel and service in general, whilst important, isn't my highest priority but at the Legian you just couldn't help be impressed by it. They were incredibly helpful with dinner reservations and resolved with ease a potentially highly stressful problem with our return flight home. Service by the pool was equally attentive and you really get the impression that every member of staff is doing their utmost to ensure your stay there is perfect.
As for the place itself, it is without doubt a great hotel but in terms of architecture and atmosphere just not as uniquely special as others in Bali. The hotel is sheltered from the crowds of Seminyak to some degree but you can't quite forget you're close to a very busy resort town. Clientele can be very varied too, yes you get the beautiful trendy young couples but also the families and slightly uncouth middle-aged westerners.
Breakfast however is superb and the free ice-cream by the pool a great touch. So if visiting Seminyak I would definitely recommend the Legian and for what it is, a famous hotel for all, then I really can't fault it. However, just make sure you dig a little deeper into Bali and also stay at one of the fantastic boutique hotels away from this part of the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Legian Bali is an exclusive all-suite hotel set in landscaped tropical gardens, offering unrivalled views across the Indian Ocean. Flanked by quiet beach, this luxurious property offers a unique chance to experience the magical island of Bali in a relaxed setting. Beautifully integrated within landscaped gardens and lotus ponds, The Legian Bali boasts 67 sea-facing suites plus The Beach House in an ample variety of exquisite accommodation style. Situated in a quiet enclave in Seminyak, and adjacent to the exclusive The Legian Bali, a cluster of 14 private villas stands majestically amid scented gardens and private pools. This exquisite residence that redefines luxury living in the tropics is The Club at The Legian, offering guests the ultimate in privacy, and unobtrusive, yet flawless, personalised service. The Legian Bali and The Club at The Legian present all the charms of Balinese hospitality in its personable service, customised spa treatments and alluring surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Holiday Gems, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Legian Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Bali Seminyak
- Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Hotel Bali
- Legian Seminyak
- Bali Legian
- The Legian Bali Seminyak