“Amazing hotel!”

The Legian Bali
Ranked #7 of 146 Hotels in Seminyak
“Amazing hotel!”
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

This has to be one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. The property itself was beautiful, and all the services the hotel offered were great. The rooms themselves are outstanding. We had a two bedroom suite that overlooked the pool and the ocean, and it was a pleasure to spend time on the balcony. The pool is amazing, and offers full views of the ocean. The food is also great, all the way through from breakfast to dinner. The staff are all friendly and helpful, and are always nearby to assist in any way. I couldn't say enough good things about this hotel, and I hope I get to stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear Nlg826,

On behalf of the entire team at The Legian, I would like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your kind words. We are very happy to hear that you had a superb experience and enjoyed the various characteristics of our property from its suites and staff all the way to your meals in the food and beverage outlets.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kevin J. Abramowicz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2013

The Legian Bali hotel lives up to its reputation as one of the best hotels in Bali. The decor,the service, the beautiful pool and beach front location is outstanding. We stayed in a garden studio with a view of the gardens and beach beyond. The studios are huge with separate living areas, kichenettes and beautiful bathrooms. Outside you get a sun lounge area and a decked area with table. The complimentary nesspresso, soft drinks and juices are a wonderful touch. The free iPods an added bonus. The welcome and nightly bites such as macaroons are a touch of elegance.

The breakfast is wonderful with chefs preparing eggs, pancakes and waffles to order, good selection of buffs items. Afternoon tea by the pool another bonus.

Staff are uniformly attentive without being intrusive. The full visibility of Kevin the G.M can be credited with instilling a sense of pride in the work the staff deliver. A big thanks to him for the outstanding stay we had.

To note, the gym/spa is currently being renovated so you can take a golf cart across the road to the villa complex where or villa as been temporarily converted to provide gym and spa facilities.

Definitely a class hotel, and one to which we shall return. Highly recommended.

Tayfun

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms onto lawn are great, but there are no bad rooms. All studios are massive in size.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Dear tfadil,

A sincere thank you for a very thoughtful and detailed review on The Legian. It gives us great pleasure to read that you noticed and appreciated all the amenities and facilities that The Legian has to offer.

We express our gratitude towards your comments about the service of our staff and thank you for recommending our hotel to others.

We all look very much forward to welcoming you back to The Legian to experience the new Spa and Gym.

Paris, France
Reviewed 22 June 2013

The hotel is right on the beach, with its own lifesaver, the choice of 3 pools, 2 bars and a great restaurant.
Located in Seminyak it's easy to go out shopping!
The hotel at night looks amazing with all the candles lit.
During the day you can just stay by the beach or by the pool and eat a delicious lunch and have a massage with the sounds of the waves on your long chair.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank GhislaineB555
Dear GhislaineB555,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Legian. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality, facilities and services, the ambience and the location of our hotel.

The entire team at The Legian is looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

All staff very attentive new out names always around if we needed them, very helpful, beautiful grounds and surroundings. The rooms were
gorgeous with little extra gadgets and giants which we loved. Lovely range of food for breakfast lunch and dinner. Amazing cocktails and mocktails. Massages were just what we needed. Location wise bit far from seminyak square where we found some little gems of places. Room service was awesome!

Would definately recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Dear KtAmelia1,

Thank you very much for staying at The Legian and further recommending it to others. It gives me great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed every element of your stay at The Legian whether it was the attentive service delivered by our staff, the spacious suites, food and beverage as well as the soothing spa treatments.

We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon to experience more.

Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I have been staying at The Legian Bali Hotel in a deluxe suite for couples of day about a week ago and I had a great experience for staying there and enjoying the the food for breakfast and dinner there.
I'm not going to talk about the room here as I have no complaint about it at all, the room was comfortably clean, large and beautiful. I'm more like to share about my food experience at the restaurant in the hotel which was mind-blowing.
When I got to my room, they served me with a very yummy welcoming afternoon tea. I had a very delicious eggs benedict and strawberry pancakes for breakfast on the table with the beach front view. Okay, it's just eggs benedict and pancakes, it sounded ordinary. But the eggs benedict was differently amazing than another eggs benedict I've ever had, the strawberry pancakes, too. You guys should try it and feel the different, highly recommended.

Then I had dinner at the restaurant in the hotel and the food was amazingly wonderful!!!
I had 5 degustation with lovely French red wine that night.Well, I will not talk about all the food that I had that night but I would like to share the most favorite yet most delicious one, in my version of course. There's 3 degustation out of 5 I love the most. First, The Tuna Sashimi. Second, The cauliflower couscous topped with fresh prawn with caviar, and the last one was tenderloin steak with foie gras on top.

I had an amazing experience and a beautiful food experience as well for staying there and I would like to do it again more often next time. Thank you The Legian, Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Deluxe suite
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Dear VmumuV,

Thank you for a lovely review on The Legian. I am very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel and you thoroughly enjoyed dining at The Restaurant. I have shared your feedback with the entire team and they were extremely pleased to hear that you had an amazing experience at our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to indulge yourself in The Legian experience.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

This was my 2nd stay here the first was 9 yrs ago. Not much has changed except a new pool which is a great addition. We had one of the 2 roomed suites on level 2 overlooking the pool and ocean. This room came with a butler (wayan) who catered to every need and request.
The hotel rooms have not been updated since I was last there but still look great and very clean as you expect from a 5+ star hotel.
In the suite included - all soft drinks and fresh fruit as much as you consumed, a welcome gift and bottle of wine on your first night and every night a plate of petite fours. The service is impeccable and nothing is too much trouble. The Balconies are great to watch the sun rise and sunsets.
The breakfast is still amazing as is the poolside lunches and the dinner in the restaurant is gorgeous in the candle lit by the sea side.
It's not the newest but it certainly is the best at service, has best amenities you never want to leave and e location is great to all the cool seminyak restaurants.
I'm never staying anywhere else in seminyak again. It's ideal for a family with children or 2 couples.

It's worth the extra cash and with 24hr security you know you're always safe.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 June 2013

The Legian lives up to its reputation as one of the best hotel in Bali. I would definitely recommend this hotel highly to anyone. We love the infinity pool by the beach and the close proximity of the hotel to the beach. The room was also beyond our wildest expectations.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Dear TG K,

A sincere thank you for reviewing The Legian. Your positive comments about the hotel are very much appreciated and we are pleased to hear that you will promote The Legian to your friends and family.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.