My wife and I stayed for one night on the 10th September and returned on the 18th September for lunch.
The Legian is a fabulous property with very attentive staff and we loved the openness of the design with seas breezes blowing through the downstairs public areas. Our room was a little tired and quite dark but the bed was very comfortable.
The only area open for any criticism is the food. Bali is really trying hard to improve its restaurant offer to the more experienced traveler and we had some fabulous food on the island. Sadly this was not the case in the Legian. I found the food to be 'lazy' in its design for example: Fish and Chips in the beautiful sea front restaurant with a wonderful salty sea breeze blowing across you sounds like a dream come true for a chef. But frozen chips and battered fish that was soggy and still had the skin on and no mushy peas? I understand that this is a western dish cooked by Asian staff but if they can't do then don't do it. Frozen thin McDonald style chips is not the Legian!
All in all that did not spoil our enjoyment of this great hotel and I would highly recommend it but eat out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Legian Bali is an exclusive all-suite hotel set in landscaped tropical gardens, offering unrivalled views across the Indian Ocean. Flanked by quiet beach, this luxurious property offers a unique chance to experience the magical island of Bali in a relaxed setting. Beautifully integrated within landscaped gardens and lotus ponds, The Legian Bali boasts 67 sea-facing suites plus The Beach House in an ample variety of exquisite accommodation style. Situated in a quiet enclave in Seminyak, and adjacent to the exclusive The Legian Bali, a cluster of 14 private villas stands majestically amid scented gardens and private pools. This exquisite residence that redefines luxury living in the tropics is The Club at The Legian, offering guests the ultimate in privacy, and unobtrusive, yet flawless, personalised service. The Legian Bali and The Club at The Legian present all the charms of Balinese hospitality in its personable service, customised spa treatments and alluring surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Legian Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Bali Seminyak
- Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Hotel Bali
- Legian Seminyak
- Bali Legian
- The Legian Bali Seminyak