“Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful!”
Review of The Legian Bali

The Legian Bali
Ranked #4 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This review is long overdue, since we visited the Hotel back in Spring. We were coming from Australia and wanted to hit the beach again in Bali. It was our second visit to this hotel. Usually second visits are disappointig most of the time, but not this one. The Legian did quite some renovations and has become even better, still perfectly situated right at the beach, sitting in a beautiful environement with palm trees and perfect gardens.

What we loved are the beautiful one bedroom suites, which are beautiful! The sunset from your balcony is just amazing. We loved the breakfast and most of all the beach with superb sunbeds, lifeguard and service. Great food for a great price (remember this is a top Hotel).

Staff is just lovely and the new Manager Kevin is doing a great Job, he can always be found on the premises, in case you have any questions. I doubt that anyone ever has any complaint.

We also liked that they offer brand new Vespa 125cc Scooters for rent in black with the THE LEGIAN logo on them. We have exact the same one at home (in trendy white however). Driving in Bali can be pretty "exciting" (to be modest) but if you feel comfortable driving a scooter - then take these ones, since everything is well in order.

I did my complete laundry at the Hotel by the way, almost 30 Kilos of everything. When it came back, every little item was neatly wrapped and packed or hung up in the closet and the clothes were like new. Housekeeping in general is also truely lovely.

Please make sure to book their Airport Pick Up Service. There are hundreds of people at the airport trying to give you a ride, many of them without any licence. We were so happy to meet our driver at the airport and he drove us in a great and cooled down minivan. I think it was a new service to offer an iPad during the ride so our driver was really proud about that. I wonder however what people look up on this device during the ride - but it added to the overall nice experience.

We will definately return in November - for the third time. Never did that before.

Room Tip: We loved the one bedroom suite!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SHG10
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Dear SHG10,

On behalf of the entire team at The Legian Bali, thank you for writing a review on your recent Legian experience and it was a pleasure to welcome you back again. We are truly happy to read that we were able to exceed your expectations and the interactions with our professional staff were unforgettable from the moment you arrived at the airport with the pickup service all the way through to your departure.
It is gratifying to learn that you noticed the tangible and subtle improvements made within the suites as well as in the other areas of the hotel. I am also glad to hear that you were able to use one of our Vespas, enjoyed the breathtaking sunsets, appreciated the quality of our laundry service and found The Legian to be ideally located in the heart of Seminyak

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Legian Bali very soon.

Kevin J. Abramowicz

Write a ReviewReviews (1,605)

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We've spent 3 nights at The Legian after lovely three nights at their sister property, The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah in Ubud. We have received a free transport between the two resorts and received a warm welcome at The Legian. My partner and I traveled with my mom and had booked a two-bedroom suite. It's like the one-bedroom Deluxe Suite but with an extra bedroom and bathroom. Unfortunately, however, the extra bedroom faces the side away from the ocean so we changed into two deluxe suites the next day and were happy.

The rooms are massive, nicely decorated and come with free non-alcoholic drinks in the minibar that get refilled daily plus a Nesprosso machine which I appreciate for having an early morning coffee in bed. The balcony is very big, too and I recommend asking for the highest (3rd) floor as the rooms have the best seaview - over the trees.

The new gym and spa are beautifully designed and well equipped, even though the additional wellness area with saunas and steam rooms is only planned to be added in 2014. I had a 2 hour massage & scrub treatment and it was very good.

Service at the pool is very good, staff even try to remember your name. Breakfast service is friendly and staff are there when you need them. The choice and quality of breakfast was okay, although I've had a fruit selection with more choice and better quality before.

We didn't try the restaurant for lunch or dinner, so I can't judge it. It was not very crowded, however, and did not appear within the first pages of tripadvisor.

Room Tip: Go for higher floors if you want a sea view. The view from the lower floors may be obstructed by tre...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Ralf H
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Ralf H,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Legian Bali. It is with pleasure to read that you loved every aspect of your stay with us, be it the personalized and attentive service delivered by our staff, the large suites with its amenities, the location as well as The Spa, gym and other facilities.
The staff whether by the pools and at The Restaurant were pleased to hear your feedback and happy to learn that they helped in contributing towards creating a memorable stay for you all.
I have also shared your comments about our breakfast with our culinary team and be assured that we will make any effort to address it.

The entire team and I look forward to welcoming you all back to The Legian Bali very soon to experience the new wellness center and much more.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Legian is a safe choice if you want to spend quality time in a high-class hotel in the Bali Seminyak region. Service was impeccable and the location next to the beach more than convenient. Legian is also walking distance from Seminyak shopping district - galleries, souveniers and quality restaurants in close reach.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kai S

Dear Kai S,

It was a pleasure meeting you both and thank you for reviewing your stay at The Legian Bali. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the impeccable service of our staff and found the hotel to be ideally located in the heart of Seminyak with good quality restaurants and shops in the vicinity.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

WOW where do we start? Just home from a 7 day trip to bali staying at The Legian. Absolutely amazing resort. The view, the pool, the spa, the room, the breakfast, but most of all the service!

We were in bali celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary (no kids!!) and wanted to stay somewhere special with no Marco Pollo at the pool!! After reading so, so many wonderful reviews on Trip advisor we could not stay anywhere else but The Legian. We have stayed in many 5 star properties around the world but never experienced such 5 star service. Every staff member greets you with name every time you see them. By the pool they layed your towels and then re positioned them, refilled your icy water, fabric refresher towels, complimentary green tea facial mist and foot massage. They move your umbrella up, down, side wards...they will do it all and with a REAL smile. Nothing is too big or too small.

The room itself we stayed in a spacious enough for the two of us with 2 large balconies one with sun lounges. Real extras was the daily turn down service, iPod and Bose sound system, gorgeous pool bag to use, international power plugs, coffee machine and free mini bar of all soft drinks/ juices/ water and nibbles.

Afternoon tea was another added bonus between 4 - 6pm where the coffee is delicious. The breakfast was a breath of fresh air compared to other resorts that have those terrible buffets, here you get to order from an al a carte menu and are cooked to your liking. Plus there is a selection of pastries, cereals, salads, sushi and other international cuisine available. The gardens are perfect and picturesque and there was not a person who walked along the beach that did not stop and admire this beautiful property.

Kevin the managing director was lovely he came and introduced himself early in our stay and we had a great chat with him about his wonderful resort his plans for it and we can't wait to visit again to see the next stage of his grand plans. We can see why the service is exceptional as it starts from the top. Can't recommend highly enough.

2  Thank JCICTravel
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear JCICTravel,

I would like to thank you for choosing The Legian Bali to spend your 10th Anniversary. It was lovely meeting you both and I sincerely thank you for writing and sharing your Legian experience with others on TripAdvisor.
I am very happy to hear that your week spent at The Legian Bali was second to none and that we were able to create a memorable vacation for both of you. It is a pleasure to learn that you were able to enjoy every moment of your stay from the professional and personalized service delivered by our staff, the suite and its amenities, your daily breakfast, the pools and facilities all the way to our gardens.
The team and I are very grateful to read reviews such as yours that are extremely encouraging and aid in continuing to move forward on the same path.

On behalf of the entire team at The Legian Bali, we all look forward to welcoming you with family back to experience much more or celebrate your next anniversary with us.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We stayed at The Legian for six nights in November and must say it was the most amazing experience. First, the staff is wonderful. So helpful, kind and generous with their time and information. We loved working with all of them. The room they gave us, which was more than we expected, was their two bedroom suite overlooking the ocean and pool. Okay so spectacular was the word. Immaculate, fruit every day, little notes and flowers on our pillow at night. What more can you ask for. Oh, how about the amazing buffet breakfast in the morning overlooking the ocean. The fabulous dinners at night. Maybe the location in walking distance to everywhere. We checked out other hotels near The Legian and let me say that nothing compared. We will be going back to Bali and this will be our hotel of choice. Thank you to everyone at The Legian in Seminyak (not to be confused with the Legian Beach hotel). Our vacation was more that perfect.

Room Tip: This hotel won't disappoint no matter what room you stay in.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Rrphx,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay at The Legian Bali. I am indeed very glad to hear that every aspect of your stay starting with the genuine and personalized service of our staff, the spacious and immaculate suite with its amenities, the facilities, the delicious breakfast and dinners at The Restaurant as well as the breathtaking views of the daily sunsets all put together were not only able to exceed your expectations but made your vacation a sensational one.

The team and I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed two nights at the Legian in November and while the weather didn't do us any favors with lots of rain, the staff certainly did. We stayed in a deluxe suite and it was spectacular with plenty of space, a large balcony, great amenities and a beautiful view over the pool and beach. Staff knew our names from the moment we checked in, no request was too large and they even arranged a late checkout for us given a night flight we had. On that point - while requests for a late checkout are common at hotels around the world, the staff at the Legian didn't make a big deal about it and we weren't left feeling like we had asked for the world as is often is the case elsewhere. When we struggled to get taxi for a dinner booking, one of the staff took us with no fuss. It was a real delight to feel so special, especially since we booked through Expedia. Great location with Kudeta and Eat Street (Jalan Laksmana) very close by and Potato Head a short walk away. Breakfast by the pool was a delight.

Room Tip: Choose a deluxe suite - amazing amounts of space for just a little extra.

Dear RobertF,

While the weather was not particularly in your favor, I am happy to read that the team was able to turn this around for you, leave you feeling special and recognized in all areas from the moment you arrived at The Legian Bali. I am glad that you enjoyed staying in our deluxe suite with its amenities and its spacious balcony offering splendid views. I am also pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed eating breakfast by the pool and were able to take advantage of a later departure in order to maximize your time enjoying the service and facilities.

I would also like to thank you for staying with us, sharing your comments and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Okay, review number 26 and God-knows how many hotels.

To get straight to it, the majority of the reviews for this hotel reflect mine - The Legian, in a word, is 'superb.

Starting with service - the trump card at this place - we chose the VIP Visa service (honestly, time over I wouldn't bother but it was still nice). We were met within 200 yards of the plane and never looked back - walked through immigration, luggage collected and walked to the waiting car, chilled water and cold towels in the car and greeted by name when the hotel staff opened the car doors upon our arrival.

In honesty, I could stop now - the arrival experience reflects the majority of the stay - but to make sure I help as much as possible a few other things I hope will help you make your decisions;

We went here as we like smaller hotels. The place is quite large, but only seventy or so rooms. Service is by personal.

Our room was massive - the bathroom alone bigger than my bedroom!

Hotel facilities are great. Three beautifully located pools. There was a slime build up on one corner which made I slippery. The point is, before we'd even mentioned it to staff, it was treated and quietly cleaned up. Things like this happen - its the way staff respond that matters. I tried the gym, it was literally brand new, well spec'd.

Food - excellent. Breakfast was extensive and great. Room service very fast and quality good. Afternoon sorbets and afternoon tea around the pool both complimentary and both delicious. Dinner, same deal. Understandably more expensive than eating out, but just as good.

Location, the only downside - and strictly on a personal taste basis. In terms of location in Seminyak, The Legian is great. Infinity pools overlook the beach perfectly and it's pretty much in the middle of the town. The problem is Seminyak. Good grief the Government need to clean it up - beaches are simply dirty (despite the hotel cleaning it's area daily by the looks of it) and while there are great bars and restaurants, the town is full of lovely people. But it's a mess.

Don't get me wrong, we loved this place and enjoyed Seminyak, but if you're looking for great beaches and golden sand, it's not for you.

If you are looking for an amazing hotel with incredible staff and aren't took bothered about a pristine, golden beach, highly highly recommended. If we go back to Seminyak, I won't even blink booking The Legian again.

The best hotel we've ever stayed at? We have been lucky to stay at some amazing places and we love many for a variety of reasons. What I can say, is service and quality wise, The Legian is in a world of its own.

All I can close with is a thanks to incredible staff.

Room Tip: Stay on the top (3rd) floor if you're an ocean view junkie. All very good, regardless.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Travelling-Welsh-Boy
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear Travelling-Welsh-Boy,

On behalf of the entire team at The Legian Bali, I would like to sincerely thank you for writing a meticulous review on your stay with us and sharing it with others.

I am very happy to learn that you had a wonderful arrival experience starting with an expedited immigration process all the way to the awaiting chauffeur greeting you by name and left you feeling recognized from the very first interaction.
It is nice to hear that you found the service of our staff as well as their attention to details to be of a very high standard and were able to enjoy the large suite, facilities especially the three tiered infinity pools overlooking the beach and our gym.
I am pleased to read that the quality of food served in The Restaurant, afternoon tea as well as refreshments served during the day were appreciated and savored.

Taking the current infrastructural advancements into consideration, in the months to come we are confident that further progress in the cleanliness of all areas will be made.

We all at The Legian Bali look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kevin J. Abramowicz

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
#11 of 148 in Seminyak
The St. Regis Bali Resort
1 mi away
Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak

Been to The Legian Bali? Share your experiences!