Not sure why this is a GMH property. We couldnt beleive this is rated number one on tripadvisor. Usually they much more accurate than this.
The arrival experience is highly unimpressive. The building itself feels tired and dated. A 3 stars at best in terms of quality and finishes. The images used on the GMH website are not representative at all for what you'll get. We were told that we were given un upgrade to the suite we reserved. The suites are too large to an extent they feel empty and impersonal. The interior is very poor with a couple of corners made to be picture ready. Shower floor made from textured and porous material which is difficult to clean; we had to wear slippers to shower. If this is the upgraded situation, not sure what the less lucky got!
Service: room wasn't properly cleaned when we received it and stayed that way until our third day after we left a tip note on the table. The bed sheets were not replaced everyday. Restaurant staff were good.
We received a suite infested with mosquitos. We're talking in the order of at least 50. Housekeeping gave us a choice when complaining to either spraying the suite with baygon or use a mosquito repellent. We asked whether we can get another suite without this issue. We were told all suits have this level of infestation. We had to hunt them one by one.
Most of the staff are very friendly, but treatment is far from genuine and basically formulaic. The GM cannot be more aloof. Showed up at checkin and literally recited a couple of lines as if he was reading from a script. Just seemed wanted to get it over with.
Bed not a real king size but rather a large double. Bed sagged in the middle. The mosquitos net is so thick we had to open it in the middle of the night gasping for air. Something in the mattress or a layer above contains polyester based material. Made us sweat all night. Never happened to us before.
Slippers had a very nice design with local roots, but caused us a rash in both feet after wearing them tomtake shower.
Good sound system. TV ok with the picture of a lot of channels as having reception problems.
Landscape and pool area well done and overlooks the beach nicely.
Some of the guests were the hippy types.
Overall experience is a negative one. Our review might be affected by the fact that we came tonthis hotel right after staying at the Four Seasons in Ubud which was a absolute pleasure. The Legian is definitely not worth what we paid for. If you are seeking luxury in this area you're better off trying at the nearby Oberoi or Samaya based on what we noticed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Legian Bali is an exclusive all-suite hotel set in landscaped tropical gardens, offering unrivalled views across the Indian Ocean. Flanked by quiet beach, this luxurious property offers a unique chance to experience the magical island of Bali in a relaxed setting. Beautifully integrated within landscaped gardens and lotus ponds, The Legian Bali boasts 67 sea-facing suites plus The Beach House in an ample variety of exquisite accommodation style. Situated in a quiet enclave in Seminyak, and adjacent to the exclusive The Legian Bali, a cluster of 14 private villas stands majestically amid scented gardens and private pools. This exquisite residence that redefines luxury living in the tropics is The Club at The Legian, offering guests the ultimate in privacy, and unobtrusive, yet flawless, personalised service. The Legian Bali and The Club at The Legian present all the charms of Balinese hospitality in its personable service, customised spa treatments and alluring surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Southall Travel, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Legian Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Bali Seminyak
- Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Hotel Bali
- Legian Seminyak
- Bali Legian
- The Legian Bali Seminyak