“best hotel in bali”

Ranked #7 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Boston, Massachusetts
“best hotel in bali”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

absolutely the best hotel in bali. the service is beyond expectation and the rooms is spacious and luxurious, with some balinese touches. all rooms have spacious balconies that overlooks the indian ocean. the beach is beautiful with waves you can play with. the poolside service is top notch. food, however, is mediocre and way overpriced (a small glass of mocktail costs $10.) i suggest walking to the nearby restaurants (trust me, there's a lot) and dine out, which is way more interesting and get to see more people. the SPA is also wonderful and always provides excellent treatment for a reasonable price. they have a brand new gym equipped with the latest technogym equipment and offers daily complimentary morning yoga sessions!

oh, and this hotel is a gay-friendly hotel, so those of you who are homophobic please stay away. well, bali itself is pretty gay-friendly, so its normal to see some walking around (or almost-naked on the beach) haha. love bali!

Room Tip: first floor for direct access to beach and pool higher floor for better view of the ocean
4 Thank axriyadi
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear axriyadi,

Thank you very much for staying with us and writing a review on your stay at The Legian Bali. It is a pleasure to read that the service offered by our staff exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed the Balinese architecture and design of the hotel. I am also glad to hear that you were able to indulge yourself in a relaxing treatment at The Spa as well as visited the newly renovated gym.

I appreciate your feedback regarding our food and beverage offerings and we shall reevaluate it with the team accordingly.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Legian Bali to experience more.

Kevin J. Abramowicz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Having read the recommendation from trip advisor, we decided to fly to Bali from Jakarta and stay for three days. Our intention was just to play in the beach as we have toddler with us. And everything that makes him happy, makes us happy. We arranged hotel pick up, and like the driver who drive very nice and know about our favourite Bali Band, the SID. We stopped by at green and grocer for blueberry smoothies and headed to hotel. Love the early preparation they made during checkin. no hassle or que at all. We were just being asked for ID, and some signature. The room was beautiful. although it was not quite the beach view we were expecting. It was located right behind the spa place.And the spa place kind a blocked our view.But then there was a beautiful koi pool, that kind a make up to it. The bed was very comfy. Our favorite part, definitely was the swimming pool and the beach was very beautiful. We had a perfect sunset. We went to Kuta the next day and realized we actually paid for what we were having, means seminyak has got to be the best place to see sunset. Wind was strong, but then the weather was good. The only flaws probably was the breakfast. But then of course our opinion is subjective. Being a restaurant owner, we found that the Indonesian food definitely need some review. We tried the fried rice, fried noodle, porridge, sambal, pretty much all the the ones in asian section. Those were some easy food,and a little adjustment at low cost will make them taste better. Jakarta hotels have very strong F&B and to name some like Mulia Hotel who servehoney picked up from bee nest, oven cooked bagels from JW Marriot, and some traditional Indonesian dessertfrom Ritz Carlton, Not only there's plenty of variety but taste is something matter to them.If Legian can be perfect why stop at best. Beach, swimming pool, location, room, service, ambience already excellent..why not have it perfected with unforgettable breakfast. As a whole, we love our stay and will definitely go back!

4 Thank junehendridrey l
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear junehendridrey I,

It was a pleasure meeting and welcoming your family and thank you for choosing The Legian Bali after reading the other reviews. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to write and share your feedback about your stay with us.
I am very happy to hear that you had a seamless arrival experience, enjoyed the professional service offered by the team, and feel that the suite, three tiered pools, ambience and central location of the hotel is excellent. I am glad that you were able to relax by the pools, enjoy the weather as well as the magnificence of a Balinese sunset.

We appreciate you expressing your concerns with regards to the Asian food served at the breakfast buffet both upon departure and in your review. Please be assured that we will make the necessary changes in order to offer our guests an extensive and authentic selection of Asian dishes.

We look forward to welcoming your family and you back to The Legian Bali very soon.

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Congratulations to the management team and especially the manager of The Legian, he threw the best NYE party despite the weather conditions in Bali. Everything was set to the perfection from the food , to the "1001 Nights" theme party , the fireworks and especially the after party at the bar. One of the best NYE parties I have ever attended!!!!!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Yiannis K,

Thank you very much for writing about your experience and celebrating New Years Eve at The Legian Bali.
I am truly pleased to read that you enjoyed every aspect of the night from the theme to the fireworks and all the way to the after party at The Ocean Bar.

We look forward to welcoming you back to celebrate more events at The Legian Bali.

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I'll begin by saying it was a lovely experience staying at The Legian; everyone from the GM to all the staff in different parts of the hotel were extremely helpful, kind, accommodating, and most of all, very professional, especially the people at the concierge desk; also, the rooms, the grounds, and all shared areas were impressive and well maintained. I would also like to add that we were extremely grateful that the hotel provided us with a late checkout and a room to stay in as our flight was after midnight; thank you!
I personally have one which wasn't to my satisfaction; I felt that for transportation to the hotel and the airport should have been provided. We were originally staying at a villa 4 Km from the hotel and we were not offered a complementary pick up service which I think that for a hotel of your caliber was a bit tasteless; it is the first time that I have not been provided this service anywhere in the world while staying at a first class resort.
Regardless, my experience was impressive and we do intend to return in the near future. My wife has been a patron in the past and she absolutely loved it and suggested we moved from the villa we were staying at. I want to thank Rohaan Chandra for his personal touch and his generosity, especially for making the beach soccer happen for my son after it had been previously cancelled, and for arranging our late stay, well done!!!
See you all soon!!!

Dear Charles C,

Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your experience at The Legian Bali on TripAdvisor with others.

It gives me great pleasure to hear that your family and you had a lovely experience and you were all impressed with the high level of professional and personalized service offered around the property as well as with the suites, grounds and other common facilities. I have also shared your review with the rest of the team and they were all pleased to hear the same.
I would like to thank you for your constructive feedback and have already addressed this matter with the respective department.

We look forward to welcoming your family and you back to The Legian Bali in the near future.

Munich, Germany
Reviewed 27 December 2013

it was a very pleasant stay, beautiful rooms, the service was excellent, the spa has great treatments, I actually liked the massage,
breakfast was super nice, the Restsurant has a great chef,
people were friendly, super clean and excellent room service

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank malubacupra
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Dear malubacupra,

Thank you for staying with us and writing a review on your stay at The Legian Bali. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your time spent at the resort, the suite, our food and beverages offer, The Spa and most important of all the service delivered by our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Legian Bali in the future.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Review based on a pool villa at The Club.

Wowowowow. And that's even considering the fact that their villas are surrounded by walls and have no view.

We stayed at a pool villa at The Legian, and it's not the huge size of the accomodation, or the extra features they add in as part of the price. It's above all the incredible service mentality of their staff that stays with you after staying at this place.

Room: The villa and surrounding area is huge. It costs a fair dollar, but you won't get this space and these facilities anywhere else in the world at the same price. The big issue with these villas is there is no view of anything. They're all in walled enclosures. If you really want a sea view you're probably better off in the main hotel, where it looks like all the rooms are sea facing.

The main hotel is nice, but feels a bit restricted. Maybe we're a bit too used to big resorts once I'm on a beach, since this place is obviously much larger than The Chedi, where we moved here from... The bar by the pool faces the sea, and is nice to sit in while it's raining (that's the time of year we were there).

The restaurant serves great food, but again (as for the Chedi) it's too European for me... I ordered two Indonesian main courses when we ate there, since they didn't have a single Indonesian starter. I really never have understood why tourist hotels around the world don't serve more local dishes, or at least serve their European food with a strong local flavour twist.

The gym is very new and nice (actually, clearly one of the best hotel gyms in recent trips), but again I really, really miss a nice steam bath and sauna.

I really like that they will drive you anywhere at anytime within the Leguan/Kuta/Seminyak area, without any extra charge or any question whatsoever about distance or frequency.

Service. The big point! Blows you away. Everyone is so incredibly accomodating and helpful in any stupid little question or desire we might express. We mentioned that we really liked the nutty deep fried snacks they prepare on-site, and the next day they fixed up a demo with the chef to show me a practical demo in the kitchen with the spices and technique for making them. My wife had also taken a picture of a carved figure she liked, and asked Purna (our butler) as a by-the -way about where she could go to buy something similar. After we'd checked out and returned home, he has since investigated with local workshops and contacted us with specific references of workshops that make similar carvings, and has sent photos of similar examples of their products. And this is well after we have completed our financial business with the hotel. How is that for follow-up service and taking an interest in your guest welfare? Top marks! Thanks for your great service, Purna. (This guy is also a sharp minded fellow! One of his colleagues explained how he did so smartly at school that he got a scholarship to go and get himself a university degree in Japan, and therefore is now also comfortably conversant with the Japanese guests in their own language)

Room Tip: If you want a view, book in the main hotel. If you want a quiet environment and no-stops service, bo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Saltcreep
Dear Saltcreep,

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor and share your experience with us at The Club at The Legian Bali.

I am very happy to learn that you were able to indulge yourself in the best of both worlds, enjoying the privacy, the surroundings, personalized butler service and amenities that The Club has to offer as well as the gym, other facilities, the phenomenal views and the service at the hotel. Purna in particular was extremely happy to hear about how he was able to personalize your stay in every way possible.
I would also like to thank you of your valuable feedback in regards to adding more local dishes to our menu, which has been shared with our culinary team and will be addressed. In addition, we are currently working on a wellness area which shall be completed sometime next year and will offer some of your desires like a sauna, steam bath and much more.

On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Legian Bali soon in order to experience more.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 23 December 2013

One word to describe The Legian experience: Impressive. From the warm reception upon my arrival (even the GM for the hotel made sure if there was anything I needed that he would make sure it happened) I knew that this hotel was not going to disappoint. From the time you get up you have complimentary yoga class, well equipped gym and spa facilities, a beautiful pool area and a delicious abundant breakfast buffet all waiting for you. The central location (200m from Seminyak Square and many good bars and restaurants) is still secluded enough where the beach is peaceful. Walk about 15 minutes towards Kuta and there's tons of surf schools and people selling stuff on the beach if that's your thing. The deluxe suite is super spacious and comfortable. The hotel staff ensures that it's tidy every time you return from an outing and in the afternoon they have the best Balinese desserts waiting for you (gratis). There are little complimentary things (drinks and snacks from the mini bar) that are pretty insignificant to the average person but I found were little touches that made me feel like this wasn't your average 5 star hotel. My only gripe had nothing to do with the hotel but watch out for the mosquitos in the room because nothing seems to stop those guys from biting (the hotel provides a curtain around the bed and mosquito repellant).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Combodropper
Dear Combodropper,

Thank you very much for staying with us and reviewing your stay at The Legian Bali. It was a pleasure meeting you and I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed The Legian Experience which left you feeling impressed.
I am delighted to read that you appreciated the level of service delivered by our staff, the suite and its amenities, daily yoga, the gym, pools and other facilities as well as the central location of The Legian Bali. As for the mosquitoes, besides providing repellants, sprays and nets within the suites, we have also been taking other preventative measurements such as daily fogging to further improve the situation.

We all look very much forward to welcoming you back to The Legian Bali very soon.