We'd both been looking forward to our honeymoon in Bali since our wedding in July. We'd booked 10 nights at the Legian and then 4 nights at the sister hotel in Ubud, the Chedi Club (also reviewed seperately).
From the moment we stepped off the plane and were greeted by the Legian's representative "Hello Mr & Mrs Lock, welcome to Bali" to the moment we checked out, we had such a wonderful time at the Legian.
The hotel itself was superb, from it's architecture which at night, looked like some temple from an Indiana Jones film to it's elegant luxory - our suite (113) was unbelieveable, all colonial, dark wood with marvellous facilities and a superb balcony overlooking the rear grounds, the beach and the crashing waves of the Indian Ocean.
The four posted bed was luxorious and very comfy and the bathroom was amazing. When we were taken up to our room upon arrival, we were greeted by a bottle of champagne, a cake and a card congratulating us on getting married and a frangipani petal laced bath had been run for us.
A Bose CD player with chillout cd's was standard in the room as was a Bose speaker system with two ipods, for our own personal use.
The service was outstanding - when we arrived, everyone knew our names and welcomed us with open arms and wide smiles and nothing was too much trouble. They booked restaurants, they booked taxi's, they made up or moved our sun loungers, they even brought in a relatives video camera after we'd enquired if we could get one from somewhere for a couple of days - without being too invasive.
The infinity pool was wondrous with fantastic views of the beach and was a great place to watch the sun set, the beach outside the hotel was kept amazingly clean on a daily basis despite the rest of the Seminyak to Kuta sweep of beach being very dirty, the restaurant and lunch bar served some lovely meals at a cost that might be slightly high but certainly not unreasonable given where we stayed.
A previous reviewer has complained of noise from the nearby bar; Ku De Ta (a 10 minute walk away) but the only sounds we could hear were the sounds of the waves crashing on the beach.
In short, this was simply the most amazing hotel (until we went to the Chedi Club) we'd stayed at and that list includes the Oberoi and Leela Palace in Bangalore and the Mumbai Hilton and we were very, very sad to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Legian Bali is an exclusive all-suite hotel set in landscaped tropical gardens, offering unrivalled views across the Indian Ocean. Flanked by quiet beach, this luxurious property offers a unique chance to experience the magical island of Bali in a relaxed setting. Beautifully integrated within landscaped gardens and lotus ponds, The Legian Bali boasts 67 sea-facing suites plus The Beach House in an ample variety of exquisite accommodation style. Situated in a quiet enclave in Seminyak, and adjacent to the exclusive The Legian Bali, a cluster of 14 private villas stands majestically amid scented gardens and private pools. This exquisite residence that redefines luxury living in the tropics is The Club at The Legian, offering guests the ultimate in privacy, and unobtrusive, yet flawless, personalised service. The Legian Bali and The Club at The Legian present all the charms of Balinese hospitality in its personable service, customised spa treatments and alluring surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotelopia, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Legian Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Bali Seminyak
- Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Hotel Bali
- Legian Seminyak
- Bali Legian
- The Legian Bali Seminyak