As background, we have seen quite a few hotels in Bali – stayed in Amanusa, Amankila (beautiful!), Bvlgari (trendy!), Como Shambhala (amazing & surreal), Intecontinental and I’ve taken a look at the Oberoi (getting a bit old), new St Regis (if you like American-style luxury), Conrad and Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay (getting old).
We came in with ‘managed’ expectations as friends warned us that Legian is getting a bit tired. I must admit, we didn’t spend much time in the main building (which may indeed be a bit old), so for those of you looking at rooms there, this feedback may not be of much help.
However, if you interested in the ‘Club’ section, I can say that we had a terrific stay. The butler service was genuinely attentive – we stayed in Amanusa two weeks later and while we are Aman fans, the service there just did not measure to Legian Club's. The room service food was really, very good – wish we had time for another room service meal. The villa’s are comfortably nice -- tasteful décor and enough patio area to have guests over (although the pool is still a tad too small to be functional in any way).
The ‘packages’ that they typically offer – open mini bar, free laundry, free transportation, etc. – is a nice treat. Most of all, if you want to be in Seminyak, which is by far the most hip place in Bali, with a selection of restaurants and bars, then Club Legian is a super convenient and nice high-end place to stay. No need to take a 40 minute car ride to Ku De Ta … it’s now across the street.
Bear in mind that the Club section is across the street, slightly removed from the beach area.
While we typically don't mind spending for upgraded rooms in places like Bvlgari Hotel, etc ... Club Legian is more reasonable priced than its comparable hotels, making our overall experience really a positive one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Legian Bali is an exclusive all-suite hotel set in landscaped tropical gardens, offering unrivalled views across the Indian Ocean. Flanked by quiet beach, this luxurious property offers a unique chance to experience the magical island of Bali in a relaxed setting. Beautifully integrated within landscaped gardens and lotus ponds, The Legian Bali boasts 67 sea-facing suites plus The Beach House in an ample variety of exquisite accommodation style. Situated in a quiet enclave in Seminyak, and adjacent to the exclusive The Legian Bali, a cluster of 14 private villas stands majestically amid scented gardens and private pools. This exquisite residence that redefines luxury living in the tropics is The Club at The Legian, offering guests the ultimate in privacy, and unobtrusive, yet flawless, personalised service. The Legian Bali and The Club at The Legian present all the charms of Balinese hospitality in its personable service, customised spa treatments and alluring surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Legian Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Bali Seminyak
- Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Hotel Bali
- Legian Seminyak
- Bali Legian
- The Legian Bali Seminyak