“I can't imagine staying elsewhere in Bali!”
Review of The Oberoi Bali

The Oberoi Bali
Ranked #12 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I know this has been said a hundred times but the Oberoi truly is an Oasis of tranquility in the heart of busy Seminyak. Our stay was fantastic. The service is friendly, unobtrusive and second to none. Breakfast each day was awesome and the setting is amazing. The lush and expansive grounds/gardens are stunning. It is hard to believe you are in the middle of Seminyak! My only complaint would be that the villas are a bit dated.. The service and setting more than makes up for it and the villas are immaculately clean however they are certainly not up to the standard of most 5 star resorts. Despite this, I would definitely recommend the Oberoi Bali for both families and couples and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank James S
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear James S,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor after your recent visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your visit to The Oberoi, Bali. I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed the services, warm Balinese staff, breakfast, landscape, setting and style here at The Oberoi, Bali.

The Oberoi Bali is indeed the Grand Dame of Bali resorts, and heralded as the most classically Balinese resort on the island. The Oberoi, Bali is decidedly authentically Balinese. I am sorry you felt the rooms to feel "dated". I appreciate your frank and honest feedback about your experience. Guest comments and suggestions are always considered in reviewing, analysing, and retraining in areas when and if required.

Thank you for having stayed with us, and we all look forward to the opportunity of again welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bali.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

An oasis of peace & calm (not common these days in Seminyak) in beautiful surroundings

The staff are wonderful - always there when you want them and almost invisible when you don't

The apparently effortless efficiency and housekeeping must take enormous efforts - maintaining perfection in the tropics and right on the beach is a real challenge

It is not cheap but you get what you pay for here - one of the best hotels in the world without a doubt

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear robw48,

I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay. Thank you for recognising the efforts of the housekeeping and maintenance team who lovingly take care of the resort.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

The hotel is set in beautiful grounds and has stunning views out to the sea. It is an oasis in the middle of bustling Seminyak. The food is excellent and the service in the restaurants very good.

There were some disappointing aspects which it would be good to see improve. The rooms are very old and tired. Whilst the hotel has clearly worked hard to keep them maintained and clean they are still poor quality for the amount you pay. The service is good but not always as thoughtful as it could be. Having arrived off a very long flight we were given an introduction to our room lasting 20 minutes. I had politely asked if we could be left to settle in and get some rest but this was ignored as we were shown how to use each light switch. Whilst this was very thorough, it was not very sensitive. I got proposed to my girlfriend whilst having a private dinner at the hotel. The private dinner was fantastic however our waiter just asked why I had been on one knee. When we explained, he just laughed. I was not looking for anything from the hotel but that response was not impressive.

With a little work this could be a great hotel, but it isn't at the moment.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank B431508

Dear B431508,

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am very sorry to learn that you did not like the room assigned to you. The Oberoi Bali is deemed the Grand Dame of Bali resorts and heralded as the most classically Balinese hotel on the island. The Oberoi, Bali is decidedly an authentic Balinese Resort. The Oberoi, Bali is set upon the most historic piece of beachfront land in Seminyak with 500 metres of frontage on 15 acres with all low rise thatched roof stone buildings. Many of the temples and shrines on the site pre-date the hotel.

I appreciate your comments and feedback about the tour of the room upon check in which you found to be too slow. I apologise for any inconvenience caused. This is a global standard in all of The Oberoi hotels worldwide to ensure al the hotel facilities are explained so that guests may get the most out of their stay. All guest comments and feedback seriously and ensure concerned team members are retrained and services improved whenever possible to improve our overall guest experience.

Congratulations on your recent marriage proposal. I would have liked nothing more than to congratulate you both. The waiter was un-knowledgable of the western tradition of a man getting on bended knee to propose marriage and untrained on what he should do. I am sorry about this. In Bali no such tradition is in place and your waiter was unaware of the customary response. Thank you for providing constructive feedback on an area where training is lacking. I am sorry that we have disappointed you. I assure you that it is not the intention of anyone working at The Oberoi, Bali to disappoint our guests, ever.

I appreciate your frank and honest feedback about your experience.

Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you to The Oberoi, Bali again one day.

Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is beautifully situated on the beach front. Lazing by the pool you are provided with sunscreen, water and fruit. It was our anniversary and we were surprised with cake and flowers. We had a late checkout at no extra charge and lunched at the beautiful outdoor restaurant. Food is excellent. There is a complimentary shuttle to Legian and back. We stayed in a classic villa which suited us. We would return to Bali only if we stayed here. I am not an Indian Ocean person. The Mediterranean is my ancestral sea.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear AlexandraMelbourne,

Thank you very much for posting your kind review on Trip Advisor after your recent visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your visit to The Oberoi, Bali. I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed the services, warm Balinese staff, cuisine, landscape, setting and style here at The Oberoi, Bali.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We booked a garden Villa for 10 nites ,& became Quite comfortable having breakfast in the little private courtyard in our room. Service is excellent ! large living space, and huge bathroom with x-lrg closets for serious travelers. Restaurant was wonderfully exotic ,and tasty. Dinner includes a Balinese show if you reserve the 7pm seating. Loved the traditional Bali style Setting, its as beautiful as the terraced mountains of Ubud. I like to work out each morning before breakfast and the gym did not disappoint me. Poolside is next to the beach, so you " can" have it all !
I daydream of returning to this hotel

Room Tip: If you can afford to be in a Villa on the oceanfront , you truly are in paradise! Don't miss t...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear doanerman,

Thank you very much for your kind review on Trip Advisor after your visit in December 2012.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your visit to The Oberoi, Bali. I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed the accomodation, services, warm Balinese staff, breakfast, landscape, setting and style here at The Oberoi, Bali.

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

The Oberoi continues to provide 5 star service with a feeling of genuine care for it's clientele. Nothing is ever too much trouble and a smile accompanies each staff member, all day, every day. The grounds are pristine, the rooms spotless and the pool area is a relaxing tropical sanctuary.
This is my fourth visit here and on arrival, I was welcomed with "Welcome home" and indeed, I felt that way.
Small things have been tweaked like the pool menu making it, in my opinion, more appealing. But, all in all, it remains a beautiful property with professional and caring staff-a joy to stay here.
I should mention that on our arrival, we were thrilled to discover we'd been upgraded to a beachfront villa-a lovely gesture by management. To add to this, we also received a birthday cake for my husband who was celebrating his 60th birthday.
Attention to details and that caring touch are signatures of The Oberoi and that's what we love about it.
Helmelbourne

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank helMelbourne

Dear HelMelbourne,

Thank you very much for your kind review on Trip Advisor after your recent visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your fourth stay with us. We are truly appreciative of your repeated visits and will always do our best to ensure you feel at home here.

I was happy to note also the team provided you with the usual warm Balinese service and their attention to your comfort for your husbands birthday celebration.

Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you to The Oberoi, Bali again.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

we stayed here for five nights as part of our honeymoon and really enjoyed the time. being a five star hotel the prices are expensive on site but the food and service is good and you are only a short walk to other options (mind the pavements!). The staff were excellent and our room beautiful. We would return here for sure

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Louise J,

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor after your Honeymoon visit here at The Oberoi, Bali in December, 2012.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed The Oberoi, Bali along with the location on the beach and proximity to the shops and restaurants. I am pleased to know that the staff and services have all met with your expectations.

Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to the opportunity of again welcoming you to The Oberoi, Bali again one day (Maybe for your anniversary!).