My husband and I stayed at The Villas during our recent trip to Bali. We stayed in a one bedroom villa in the Sunset. I hate to say anything negative, but our experience was a bit disappointing.
Be aware that the kitchen and bathrooms are outdoors. This sounds great in concept but the kitchen and sitting area become useless once it gets dark because the mosquitoes and other bugs become an issue. And imagine if you will using the bathroom in the middle of the night and walking from a air conditioned room into a hot and muggy bathroom where bugs roam free. I found a large black bug in the sink. Not a pleasant experience when I am paying more than $200 a night. The only completely enclosed and air conditioned room is the bedroom. To be fair, the staff was very accommodating and friendly. They were able to quickly respond and put up a mosquito net to cover the opening in the bathroom when we found bugs in the bathroom.
The personal pool was lovely (but beware that the tiles around the pool are very slippery when wet) and the food was OK, but really for the price we paid, we truly expected luxury, and unfortunately we were disappointed. The place needs a serious face lift. It is showing its age. The sheets are rough and have a weirdly oily feel to it.
On top of all of this, they are a bit shady with the rates they quote. I was given a quote in dollars, but they charge in rupiah and ultimately I was charged more than the quote. I'd would have rather been quoted in rupiah and paid that price in rupiah. And of course, they refused to honor the price they quoted and give me a refund.
Overall, I would not recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our exclusive accommodation offers privacy and luxury with all the conveniences of a full service hotel. Every one, two or three bedroom Villa has its own private swimming pool. We're located in the heart of Seminyak, one of Bali's trendiest areas; walking distance to dozens of fabulous restaurants and shops, yet once within The Villas grounds that has 24 hour security, it is extremely quiet and private. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Fastbooking, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Villas Bali Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Villas Bali Hotel And Spa
- The Villas Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Hotel Bali
- The Villas Bali Hotel & Spa Seminyak