“Terrible”

Bali Rich Luxury Villa
Ranked #133 of 431 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

One of the worst villas ive stayed at in bali and yes ive stayed in a few.
Firstly, this was back 3 years ago so things may have changed but, villa maintenance was poor, both air cons broken, room wasnt cleaned properly nor the bathroom.
I wouldnt come back sorry!

Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank JessicaMalec

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We were initially a little dissapointed with the villa and thought it could do with a bit of a spruce up (just little things like linen), and extra chairs for outside. However we came to love our stay here and the staff were very friendly, and helpful. It's a great location - supermarket, gelato and nice restaurants near by and close enough to walk to Seminyak. The driver Made is very helpful, and will offer tips. Free breakfast each day was a highlight - so many options and all yummy! Pool was a great size. Perhaps a little bit expensive - but with all the staff hopefully they are paid well.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank JessP0
Reviewed 25 July 2014

we have booked 7 night in Bali Rich Villa in July,
our room was not clean, lot of ash on the bathroom, old cigarettes packs in the bedside table, the bathroom shower was not working properly due to dirt.
then our room was next to a place that was under construction between 8 in the morning till midnight so it makes it very noisy and unconfortable.
i think it's overpriced for bali and better places can be found for that money,
i'll not go back there.
also the food is not great so avoid the room service there...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank audreypref
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I had exactly the same experience as Paula V in her previous comment last week with my wife.
This hotel is terrible and I confirmed everything she is saying about the poor cleaning, very dirty pool and the bathroom in terrible conditions still with ash on the floor to mention an example..

I've met the management and they offered me the same deal after complaining of construction noise that was never mentioned upon arrival right in front of my villa every morning from 8am to midnight ! We came to Bali to relax and how to relax if you can’t sleep ? They actually knew that the construction were going on but as the manager told me “ They were waiting for me to complain after 3 days “ Is it a game for them I don't understand ! A REAL JOKE !
We as well asked for a refund and we received the same ridiculous answer - Changing the room + A massage or a complimentary " romantic dinner " or to leave and a refund for the 2 days we had left in the hotel. Unfortunately we choose to stay as we didn't want to pack our luggages for and go somewhere else just for 2 nights but I regret it so much .
I explain : A refund if I check out for the 2 night I'm not staying in the hotel ( let me think ? ye this is normal guys are you serious or what ? ) a " romantic dinner " ( Even the the local famous dish was terrible what would you propose to impress me if your cooks are not able to do a proper egg fried rice !? )
I personally think that The management should return to hospitality management school and get updated on customer service and how to handle complaints.
In fact it is very simple, you just have to read the Management answer to this complain from Paula V, there is nowhere they apologise or admit their mistakes it's just insane!
Another JOKE : The MANAGER is absent on Sundays !! There is no one in charge to talk to can you believe that ?? I keep talking about the manager but at least he took the time to meet me and hear what I had to say but I think that in all these complaints the worse person is the one on top of every one “ the General Manager “ the one who takes the final decisions. I suggest the owner to start looking for someone else as you are loosing business receiving and treating foreigners this way.
I personally know extremely well hospitality and hotel business management as it is my job and believe me this hotel people knows nothing !
I was checking on their wall close to the reception " winner 2012 & 2013 for quality customer service " HAHAHA let me laugh loud and clear !!
I sincerely believe that a lot of comments about this Hotel are fake and written by their team, because it's absolutely not possible to don't see the poor quality of this supposed " 4 star hotel " In my country this would be a " 1 star hotel " nothing much.
I would never recommend this hotel to anyone at the contrary and next time I come to Bali I will definitely go somewhere maybe more expensive but at least a place that deliver his promises .

Room Tip: Very bad Wifi connection impossible to send Emails.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Aymeric B
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had booked this villa for 10 nights for our honeymoon in April 2014 and what a disappointment this place was! If you're looking for somewhere nice to stay - DON'T STAY HERE!

Firstly don't be misled by the word Luxury in the name of this villa, as these were FAR from LUXURY.
Let me outline from the beginning, I’m not one to write negative reviews in fact this will be my first, however after this experience I felt the need to advise others, so they don't make the same mistake we did.
Bali Rich is far from a 4 star resort.

These Villas are old and completely rundown someone looking for a CHEAP holiday and not fussed about accommodation stay here but if you're looking for LUXURY this is not the place.

I wanted to leave the minute we arrived. The villa was dirty, old and falling to pieces - electrical point coming out of walls, couches stained, table cloths dirty, scuff marks on floors, mould in bathrooms and paint peeling off walls. There was a musky smell in the bedroom and a rather offensive smell from the bathroom. The glass tiles in the bathroom had such a thick layer of dust on them – where previous guests had written ‘please clean me’ with their finger. The curtains in the bedroom were broken and couldn’t open/close properly. Poor TV reception. Mosquito net above bed was worn and tattered. Terrible internet reception.
Breakfast dishes sat for hours in villa uncleaned. Most days weren't clean till lunch. Pool water was murky and the surrounding gardens had cigarette butts and beer bottle tops.

Once we notified our travel agent about the state of the villa, it was filled with 5 staff members cleaning it from top to bottom, which provided at least a clean but still very rundown and old villa. We still weren’t happy as the villa didn’t provide the luxury we were after for our honeymoon. I was then shown 3 other villas in the resort to which we could move to, but they were all the same – old and rundown.

In the end, management wouldn’t offer us a refund, which was extremely disappointing. We stayed here for 7 nights, and then forfeited the last 3 nights and booked a wonderful, clean and new villa in Seminyak!
We moved to Villa AVA which was fantastic!! Our previous holiday to Bali 6 months prior we stayed at Villa Kmea (part of the Abadi Villa’s group), which was also a wonderful villa. Either of these two would be my recommendation, offering far beyond what Bali Rich will ever offer.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Paula V
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed in late May, and our only complaint would be the construction that was going on, but that should have finished by now and was hardly their fault! Apart from that, the villa was lovely and spacious, the restaurant served beautiful food, and it was an easy walk into the centre of Seminyak where there plenty of other places to eat too! Fantastic stay, we'd definitely recommend it for a couple to get away from it all, especially having your own private pool to relax in.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank martinlivings
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We recently stayed here for 5 nights and a these excellent Villas. Staff are amazing, breakfast is super yummy, location is perfect, pool is very large and private. Food the restaurant is amazing tasty, the price was good as well.
and we sure will be staying again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple