“Old but good value for money”
Review of Pelangi Bali Hotel

Pelangi Bali Hotel
Ranked #80 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
“Old but good value for money”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I arrived on a Friday evening for a 2 night relaxation after doing some lectures in Denpasar and the first thing that hit me when I arrived were the Australian voices in the lobby, after spending 3 days with Balinese people. There was also a huge TV in the lobby with people watching an AFL game which horrified me. The corridors were pretty dank but the room was nice and clean but not luxurious, but for the cost, who cares!. THe shower's power was the best I have ever had, even at home!
One thing that was very disappointing is that as my back was hurting after arriving on the Friday night, I booked a massage at the hotel spa. It looks quite old and tired, like the hotel but needed it. THe massage rooms with the windows open overlook a blank wall for privacy and water with fish, which was quite relaxing and lovely. However, the open windows were directly under the lobby and, my whole massage was full of noise of the people watching their AFL.
The breakfast was lovely, with a restaurant overlooking the beach. The staff were friendly and always said hello, even if you passed them 3 times. THe hotel looks like it would have been the height of luxury when it was built, however, it has not had upkeep done to keep it looking modernised. Having said that, the pool looked lovely, the view from the restaurant was lovely and the staff were lovely and, it is not a very far walk into Seiminyak. I would definitely stay again. I met some people when I was there who all come every June and meet up. Some have been coming to this hotel for 15 years, so it certainly has something going for it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Hi2lea

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My daughter and I have just stayed here for 5 days. Quite comfortable, clean and relaxed. Handy to Seminyak, and great having the beach so close. Staff were very helpful and I received a cake on my birthday. I would recommend this hotel for its smaller more personalised care. Thankyou.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank dawss2
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My stay at the Pelangi was defiantly one to remember, the staff were incredible and so welcoming. Everything was so clean and neat - the morning buffet was also very amazing.
Would highly recommend to anyone going to Bali to stay at the Pelangi.
Beautiful employees who were so happy to help with any needs that you had.
Also the spa/beauty was very lovely and wonderful pricing.
Will defiantly return!

Room Tip: My parents stayed in the Deluxe Suite and it was amazing - my sister and I stayed in the normal room...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I'm writing this from my hotel room! We have only been here for literally a couple of hours and with the Poor/very little wifi we are managing to get, we are DESPERATELY looking for a new hotel to stay in. Dirty, old rooms, horrible lay out, restaurant and pool (although we have not used either yet) look very lousy. What a poor excuse for a 4 and a half star hotel, I'd give it a 2 at most. Very upset and disappointed, wish we could get our money back :( DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed June 2014
8 Thank Bettycharltz
Pelangi Bali H, Director of Sales at Pelangi Bali Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Sir or Madam,
Warm greeting from Pelangi Bali Hotel & Spa
First of all, we would like to apologize that our property didn’t meet your expectations.
We and our team aim to make everyone stay at somewhere hotel a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Pelangi and its staff are committed to providing the best possible accommodation and service to our value guests. I have taken your review on board and we will discuss with our Management to help us to improve our service and facilities. Please feel free to contact us directly if you would like to make any suggestion on how we could make our customer experience better. We’d appreciate very much for any further feedback you may have
Best regards - Bakti Yasa
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at Pelangi twice now. Enjoyed our stay both times. Great accommodation at reasonable price. Friendly staff and very caring. Food is always nice, breakfast included in price is buffet with good selection. Nice to relax by the pool or grab a drink at poolside bar. Great location on the beach, not far from shopping. Will be back again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I had just come from heaven at Ayung Spa in Ubud - green tranquility. I did not expect Seminyak to be so unpleasant. I heard it was busy and crowded, but damn! Maybe if we had a nice hotel to come back to I cd have enjoyed it more.
The hotel was indeed 2 1/2 to 3 stars. It's old and needed sprucing up. Paint was peeling from the ceiling and onto the stairs. The handle on the shower came off, the sink surround looked like it was stained. The room originally had 2 twin beds. The headboards remained in the same place while the beds were pushed together. There was no night table or lamp on one side. The internet was slow to non-exsistent. The "view" was of an alleyway looking at the room on the other side. Can you say "back to Ubud"? We left the next day, back to Ayung and heaven!

Room Tip: If they all are facing each other, I can't think of a good room there.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Missy R
Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 June 2014

After 10 days in Indonesia and touring extensively, we finally arrived at the Pelangi Bali Hotel for 3 nights of total relaxation! Here we were on the Indian Ocean in a beautiful hotel and loved every minute of it! We were in beautiful, serene Seminyak on a white sandy beach and a roaring ocean! Everything seemed to be perfect, especially our breakfast by the rolling waves, followed by a 2 hour Balinese massage! The swimming pool was huge and refreshing. The hotel restaurant was so great that we ate breakfast, lunch and dinner there. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our guest room was very clean and comfortable with a private balcony. There was a narrow alley between the hotel and the beach with many, many places to eat and a fun atmosphere on the beach at sunset. We had finally reached Nirvana! A perfect ending to a long trip. We were so happy that we were able to spend a few days here. We had NO complaints and highly recommend this hotel (we are very picky travel agents!).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends