“Luxurious small boutique hotel”
Review of L Hotel Seminyak

L Hotel Seminyak
Ranked #46 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stay for 7 nights, L got what it takes as a 5 star small boutique hotel. Loveable staff ( very friendly and warm ). Luxurious rooms ( bali modern hip design ). Ala carte breakfast is Lavish. Late check out is generous ( no additional charge ). Lack of space but very well designed. Luna rooftop is the darling ( for cocktails and sunset ). Go for L'spa for pedi and meni. Service is top 5 star.

Room Tip: top of with Luxe suite for bathtub
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Excellent. We stayed for a few days before and after our wedding, having tested it out earlier in the year, and the staff made our stay really lovely. We were upgraded for free, able to check in upon arrival at 8am after a 40+ hour flight from Africa, and upon our final departure a late check-out with midnight snack-pack provided. The butler service was very attentive, making our stay just that much more hassle-free – something we really appreciated in the midst of ‘hosting’ family and friends who’d flown in from around the world. Nothing was too much trouble, from arranging clothes alterations, finding the best dry-cleaner in town, to ferrying us here and there. The personal touch from the staff really capped off what had been a special two weeks. Not to mention the quality kiehl’s bath products. Thank you so much!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Adeline Q, Resident TasteMaker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Thank you for your nice feedback. I am happy you enjoyed your honeymoon at L Hotel. Yes, it is heart warming to know and feel at home when our butlers and staff are all so caring towards your needs and stay. Hope u come back soon again. We always treat u like our family.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The staff greeted every request with a welcoming smile, and responded promptly. Not only met our requests, they exceeded it! Exceptional service...you gotta check in to this hotel and check it out! Thanks Gede, Dede, Eka and all who made our stay such a memorable one. Steven & Jenny

• Stayed: November 2013
Adeline Q, Resident Tastemaker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Great to know u love our staff, service and had a good experience here. Certainly, we have conveyed your compliments to our team. Our L hotel philosophy is service from the heart, with passion and with a soul. Thank you for posting your compliments! see u soon again I hope

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Me and my wife stayed at this hotel on November 2 to 8 . We looked on TripAdvisor and read very positive about this hotel. We have never stayed in a hotel that exceeded our expectations so much.
I can really recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a luxury hotel experience beyond the ordinary . I have never stayed in a hotel where the staff caring for guests , in a natural way , has been so great. Those who work in the hotel and service industry should really stay a few nights at this hotel. The hotel is really a good example how a hotel should be run. Everything at this hotel is a little extra.
The hotel is locatied about 10 min drive from the beach, but their free taxi drove and took us wherever we wanted to go , day or night. They even have their own sunbeds on a beach strip where you can go . They also have a nice pool a short walk from the hotel.

We had a fantastic own butler who helped and arranged everything for us. The breakfast was very plentiful, with freshly baked bread , fresh juices , omelettes youghurt and homemade musli, and anything else of the highest quality you could wish for .

The room was spotlessly clean , quiet at night, very comfortable beds and pillows. The bathroom is integrated with the room which makes it special , but nice. The room is quite small but there is no problem. There was a nice small sofa in the room. Each day was filled up with Kiehl's products in our bathroom and free cold drinks in the minibar.
A drink on the rooftop terrace while you watched the beautiful sunset was an experience.
The L Hotel is a beautiful , romantic boutique hotel that I would recommend to anyone . We will certainly stay here next time we come to Seminyak.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Kalmar

Hope you come back to stay with us again soon. Little extras go a long way.Yes, we pride ourselves in providing highly personalized services and touches. We are petite luxury. And that gives us the motivation to go the extra mile to bring exceptional service to our guests. The beauty of L Hotel is we constantly innovate and bring forth new elements, offerings to delight our guests. All that is quintessential.

We are planning some invigorating theme parties at our roofbar next year. Watch this space and check on us for new updates!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This hotel has all the elements that make up an excellent hotel - comfortable room, good quality toiletries, courteous and efficient staff, etc. What makes this hotel really stand out for me is the attention it has for small details.

I was greeted with a refreshing fruit drink and sat in a lounge during check in. My private butler showed me to my room and introduced me to its conveniences, including a free mini-bar with non-alcoholic beverages. He introduced me to "Goldie," the goldfish in my room, he showed me the bedtime story that lay at my bedside (and that was refreshed each night), he gave me a cell phone to use to call him for "anything, anything at all that I wanted," he directed me to the DVD library if I wanted a movie - and so on. There are so many small, wonderful things about this hotel that made me feel welcome and happy.

The shuttle is extremely efficient and will take you where you want to go, when you want to go. It is not run on a schedule. It is about a 5-min drive to the beach and you can walk too but the sidewalk does disappear in places. (They were rebuilding it.) It is near shopping - maybe 10 minutes by shuttle to the main square with even more stores close to the hotel. There were also several restaurants nearby and the hotel restaurant and rooftop bar were both good. The wireless is great and does not make you log back in every time your phone locks and you can connect multiple devices. The breakfast is full service - can order off a menu with a good mix of options, including for western tastes. And they gave me a tote bag with water and towel when I headed to the beach.

The spa next door is also great - I had two treatments there. And you can use the $15USD voucher the hotel gives you for each night of your stay there, if you don't use at the bar/restaurant.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough. If you want a balcony to sit and watch the waves, this is not the place for you. But if you want an intimate hotel where you feel like you are their most important guest at any moment in the day, then stay here.

Room Tip: I was in 205 - the toilet is in a bit of a closet but the room is a good size, shower comfortable, t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We have recently stayed at this hotel with my parents. It's the first time we all have stayed in a hotel that has such personal service, every time we passed the lobby the staff used our names. We had two rooms, we didn't really know our own butler by my parents butler Wollie looked after us all, so helpful, nothing were any trouble at all. The rooms were very nice and modern, not huge but suited it. Ella often served us at breakfast and in Lola, very friendly, polite and always had a smile. We all really enjoyed the food at L Hotel and very good value for money. I think all the other comments speak highly of how spoilt you are staying at this hotel and believe me these are all true. A special thank you to the young man (sorry we don't have your name) who put on the tv a particular premiership football match that the men wanted to watch at midnight, he stayed around the rooftop bar Lola until it had finished at 2am, fantastic no where else would of done this.

I only have one gripe which is that our room had an adjoining room, we could hear people talking early in the morning, this only happened on one occasion as the room were empty the other nights, so this is something the hotel should improve on, the staff did apologise for the noise and offered two free massages!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Hidden little gem
Fantastic staff that think of every small little thing
Located off the main strip if seminyak
Rooms are adequate go for the Luxe Suite where every little whim is taken care of by your butler

• Stayed: November 2013