“Home sweet home!”

Ranked #50 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Melbourne, Australia
“Home sweet home!”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

After a sleepless night and relatively unpleasant experience at another hotel, we decided to indulge for our last night in Bali and check into L Hotel. My only regret is that we didn't check in sooner. Whenever you return to the hotel after a massage, shopping, cocktails or some other 'stressful' Bali holiday activity, the ever-friendly staff greet you with a big smile and 'welcome home!'. I think if everyone had a home as beautiful, welcoming, indulging and relaxing as L Hotel, there would be no need to go away on holiday!

I have stayed in various hotels throughout the world but for service and overall experience, L Hotel is definitely in my top 5. No request was ever too much, whether it was organising fresh coconut (not on the hotel's standard drinks menu) to sip on whilst relaxing in a bubble bath, booking dinners, arranging transport and providing a very welcome massage at the delightful L'Spa. Breakfast menu was also definitely way above the standard of most Bali hotels I've stayed at. The choice was amazing, and again, they were happy to cater to requests not strictly on the menu.

The rooms are smaller than other Bali hotels but it is a boutique property and what they lack in size they more than compensate for in terms of quality. I loved the Kiehl's bath amenities and the shower has an option for hand held as well as a large, overhead rain shower. I should mention that we opted to each have a Luxe suite which was (indeed) very luxurious. The bath was wonderful and the personalised butler service even offer to run a bath and have it waiting for you, should you desire. I opted to run my own :)

Speaking of the butler service; it was truly personalised. They knew your name whenever you called from your free mobile phone (with contact numbers for the butlers pre-programmed) and seemed to know what you want/need before even you did!

I'm back home now but wanted to say a big thank you to all at L Hotel. It is now my new home-away-from-home in Bali and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Adeline Q, Resident TasteMaker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Nice to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and thanks for your compliments on our butler service and overall guest experience. At L Hotel Seminyak, our team strives to provide service beyond the ordinary and exceeding guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and if you like to be on our mailing list for updates, pls send me a request. email: adeline@thelhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The first thing i walked into the room i spotted a mobile phone.. my instinct was to think a previous guest had left it then i found the notice that said it was for me to use during my stay complete with a local sim. how thoughtful yet simple yet no one else has done anything like this, not in all my travels have i been offered a similar service even at the swanky 5 stars and the likes of brands such as W. L is great for couples, solo & business travellers and even friends on vacation the attention to details dont stop at the mobile phone the offerings continue to their toiletries and the array of products available for use are top notch not the usual generic stuff.

There is even a pillow menu, yes a pillow menu for you to pick ypur type of pillow and get this though there are no alcoholic drinks in the mini bar which is unfortunate, the mini bar is completely free.. yes FREE MINI BAR.. never seen that one either. There is also a butler on standby 24hrs around the day to get you whatever you want, mine got me an iphone 5 charger i forgot to take along and yes his number is stored in the local phone provided.

The breakfast too is brilliant, its an a la carte buffet, my favorite sorta buffet, sit and order away instead of gg around the buffet table so lame and so 1990s, i for one wish i never have to prance around a buffet table no longer

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Mano_Kunasegaran
Adeline Q, Resident Tastemaker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Thank you Mano for gr your frank and encouraging note. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found every personal touch point a genuine and welcoming feature of L Hotel Seminyak. We trust you will come back soon and also recommend to your friends. Our Mini Bar stocks up adequate beverages but not alcohol drinks. The latter can be requested upon order through room service or our butler. Knowing your preference better now having the opportunity to interact and come upfront close with you, our team and butlers will be delighted to personalize your stay even more upon your repeated visit. Stay in touch and we see you soon.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stay for 7 nights, L got what it takes as a 5 star small boutique hotel. Loveable staff ( very friendly and warm ). Luxurious rooms ( bali modern hip design ). Ala carte breakfast is Lavish. Late check out is generous ( no additional charge ). Lack of space but very well designed. Luna rooftop is the darling ( for cocktails and sunset ). Go for L'spa for pedi and meni. Service is top 5 star.

Room Tip: top of with Luxe suite for bathtub
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dili, East Timor
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Excellent. We stayed for a few days before and after our wedding, having tested it out earlier in the year, and the staff made our stay really lovely. We were upgraded for free, able to check in upon arrival at 8am after a 40+ hour flight from Africa, and upon our final departure a late check-out with midnight snack-pack provided. The butler service was very attentive, making our stay just that much more hassle-free – something we really appreciated in the midst of ‘hosting’ family and friends who’d flown in from around the world. Nothing was too much trouble, from arranging clothes alterations, finding the best dry-cleaner in town, to ferrying us here and there. The personal touch from the staff really capped off what had been a special two weeks. Not to mention the quality kiehl’s bath products. Thank you so much!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Adeline Q, Resident TasteMaker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Thank you for your nice feedback. I am happy you enjoyed your honeymoon at L Hotel. Yes, it is heart warming to know and feel at home when our butlers and staff are all so caring towards your needs and stay. Hope u come back soon again. We always treat u like our family.
Singapore
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The staff greeted every request with a welcoming smile, and responded promptly. Not only met our requests, they exceeded it! Exceptional service...you gotta check in to this hotel and check it out! Thanks Gede, Dede, Eka and all who made our stay such a memorable one. Steven & Jenny

• Stayed November 2013
Adeline Q, Resident Tastemaker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Great to know u love our staff, service and had a good experience here. Certainly, we have conveyed your compliments to our team. Our L hotel philosophy is service from the heart, with passion and with a soul. Thank you for posting your compliments! see u soon again I hope
Kalmar, Sweden
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Me and my wife stayed at this hotel on November 2 to 8 . We looked on TripAdvisor and read very positive about this hotel. We have never stayed in a hotel that exceeded our expectations so much.
I can really recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a luxury hotel experience beyond the ordinary . I have never stayed in a hotel where the staff caring for guests , in a natural way , has been so great. Those who work in the hotel and service industry should really stay a few nights at this hotel. The hotel is really a good example how a hotel should be run. Everything at this hotel is a little extra.
The hotel is locatied about 10 min drive from the beach, but their free taxi drove and took us wherever we wanted to go , day or night. They even have their own sunbeds on a beach strip where you can go . They also have a nice pool a short walk from the hotel.

We had a fantastic own butler who helped and arranged everything for us. The breakfast was very plentiful, with freshly baked bread , fresh juices , omelettes youghurt and homemade musli, and anything else of the highest quality you could wish for .

The room was spotlessly clean , quiet at night, very comfortable beds and pillows. The bathroom is integrated with the room which makes it special , but nice. The room is quite small but there is no problem. There was a nice small sofa in the room. Each day was filled up with Kiehl's products in our bathroom and free cold drinks in the minibar.
A drink on the rooftop terrace while you watched the beautiful sunset was an experience.
The L Hotel is a beautiful , romantic boutique hotel that I would recommend to anyone . We will certainly stay here next time we come to Seminyak.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Kalmar

Hope you come back to stay with us again soon. Little extras go a long way.Yes, we pride ourselves in providing highly personalized services and touches. We are petite luxury. And that gives us the motivation to go the extra mile to bring exceptional service to our guests. The beauty of L Hotel is we constantly innovate and bring forth new elements, offerings to delight our guests. All that is quintessential.

We are planning some invigorating theme parties at our roofbar next year. Watch this space and check on us for new updates!
Cary
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This hotel has all the elements that make up an excellent hotel - comfortable room, good quality toiletries, courteous and efficient staff, etc. What makes this hotel really stand out for me is the attention it has for small details.

I was greeted with a refreshing fruit drink and sat in a lounge during check in. My private butler showed me to my room and introduced me to its conveniences, including a free mini-bar with non-alcoholic beverages. He introduced me to "Goldie," the goldfish in my room, he showed me the bedtime story that lay at my bedside (and that was refreshed each night), he gave me a cell phone to use to call him for "anything, anything at all that I wanted," he directed me to the DVD library if I wanted a movie - and so on. There are so many small, wonderful things about this hotel that made me feel welcome and happy.

The shuttle is extremely efficient and will take you where you want to go, when you want to go. It is not run on a schedule. It is about a 5-min drive to the beach and you can walk too but the sidewalk does disappear in places. (They were rebuilding it.) It is near shopping - maybe 10 minutes by shuttle to the main square with even more stores close to the hotel. There were also several restaurants nearby and the hotel restaurant and rooftop bar were both good. The wireless is great and does not make you log back in every time your phone locks and you can connect multiple devices. The breakfast is full service - can order off a menu with a good mix of options, including for western tastes. And they gave me a tote bag with water and towel when I headed to the beach.

The spa next door is also great - I had two treatments there. And you can use the $15USD voucher the hotel gives you for each night of your stay there, if you don't use at the bar/restaurant.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough. If you want a balcony to sit and watch the waves, this is not the place for you. But if you want an intimate hotel where you feel like you are their most important guest at any moment in the day, then stay here.

Room Tip: I was in 205 - the toilet is in a bit of a closet but the room is a good size, shower comfortable, t...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo