“Beyond my expectations”

Ranked #50 of 145 Hotels in Seminyak
Melbourne, Australia
“Beyond my expectations”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Boutique hotel with the best staff ever. 24/7 hr butler service, car that takes you and picks u up anywhere in seminyak. The room is not huge but good enough for 1-2 person. I get to choose my pillows and 2nd nites on, I slept like a baby. Breakfast is cooked to order and taste awesome. The pool and gym is quite small, but the staff reallly makes up for what this hotel lacks in. I will definetely be back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Superb!!

Amazing breakfast, beautiful room, excellent staff, complimentary mini bar and another excellent facilities.

i loved my stay..would love to come back..

thank you L Hotel for the hospitality..

see you next vacation.

Room Tip: Try the Luxe Suite..Romantic.
Reviewed 31 December 2013

the room is very comfortable. bed is big and heaven. we slept like babies. staff are super friendly and food is delicious. can not fault.stayed for 5 nights and service from butlers are the best ! will come back next month !

Room Tip: Legian room facing rice field
1 Thank john h
Adeline Q, Resident Tastemaker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Thank you for your wonderful compliments. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and slept Sooooo .... well . Our utmost comfort is our beds, luxury in the rooms and personalized butlers. Look forward to welcome you back. We innovate new things from time to time, so do check out latest happenings from us or on our website before your next trip.
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I was excited to stay at this hotel given the great reviews.
Smooth pick up on arrival at airport, our room was nicely designed, small but this was fine for two nights. Location is good and the shuttle service offered is great, although taxis are super cheap anyway.
Now for the bad... We arrived exhausted from the flight at midnight. We wanted to order room service which noted to have a reduced menu at that hour. When we rang to order we were told that they weren't sure whether the ckitchen was open. They later rang back to tell us it was but the only thing available was chicken satay which wasn't even on the original menu. We didn't order it so can't comment on what it was like but it was disappointing not to order anything.
About 2am in the morning I woke to loud banging above our room.at first I tried to ignore it but it was SO loud and constant by 3am I rang reception to complain.not much of an apology but it did stop. Luckily I got in a few hours sleep because by 7am I could hear staff arranging tables for breakfast above us then followed by guests arriving to eat.
I complained again at reception in the morning and it was explained to me that they had installed clear plastic curtains bolted into the ground which was what was making the noise in the wind. I was told I would be given ear plugs. This is ridiculous to expect guests in a five star hotel to wear earplugs to sleep. I was also told that someone would loo at the problem opt hat night.
Anyway the next night I was so exhausted I fell asleep at 11, only to be woken at 1.30. Another sleepless night, I was awake until 4am. By this stage I am absolutely frustrated, exhausted and emotional. I just wanted to leave this hotel. This was such a disappointing start to a so called relaxing holiday and I am appalled that staff made no effort to change rooms or fix the problem.
Service at breakfast was so disorganised and slow, we ordered coffees and meals which we had to ask again and again for, it seems as though if a mistake is made the order goes to the back of the dockets.
I wish I could recommend this hotel but I left feeling so tired and annoyed.

Room Tip: Do not stay on level three, avoid at all costs
3 Thank EllieS1012
On behalf of The Management, we regret to hear about your concerns whilst staying at L Hotel.Unfortunately it is the monsoon season in Bali with expected rains. On that night there was heavy rain and the wind was so strong that it had damaged our blinds at the roofbar, causing the hooks to be broken, thus creating some noise which may have travelled to your room. We have never encountered this before.

Sorry if our reception staff did not explain properly and succinctly, thus creating a different impression. We don’t infact give guests ear plugs to sleep as a matter of fact. However, we do have a sleep kit that consists of sleep mask eye pad, ear plug and Relaxing Pulse Point Balm that occasionally we give to guests as part of our turn down service being a personalized boutique hotel. Or if guests request for a sleep pack.

Regarding your comment on our Food & Beverage, we will certainly look into it and improve. Breakfast served at Luna roofbar is a temporary measure since our Lola restaurant kitchen is currently undergoing maintenance. We have briefed our staff to minimize the shifting of furniture during breakfast set up. For your reference, our late night menu is available except we apologise for the service communication, we should have conveyed to you upon check in that the kitchen was under maintenance that particular night and would not be able to whip up items in the reduced menu. In addition, we could try to order from our nearby sister villas Four on Drupadi for possible pizza etc.

As we value your patronage, our General Manager and Hotel Manager are looking into the finer points and will fine tune the service recovery approach to ensure speedy resolution. We like to invite you back to experience a night of stay in our Luxe Suite during your next trip to Bali.

If you have further queries or feedback, kindly email to Budiman, our General Manager ( budiman@thelhotels.com) and/or Suk our Hotel Manager
( sukadana@thelhotels.com)

Thank you.
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I love everything about this small boutique hotel: Sri Beta my little companion in the room (cute tiny colourful fish), the tasteful interiour of my room and its features and amenities (shower with a view onto the rice paddies, DVD player, iPod dock-in station, Kiehl's skin + hair products), but what tops it all is the butler and driving service. I felt so well looked after, everybody remembered my name and I never had the feeling that it was only to get a good review, but that they really ment it. The Spa treatments are wonderful and high quality, hence the higher price is justified.
I wish I could have stayed longer!
Apart frm. the a.m. highlights (which are by far not all) there are also a few small downsides, such as the location of the hotel, which is not close to the beach and a little bit north of downtown Seminyak. But with the complimentary shuttle service these distances are no issue. There is only a small plunge pool in the hotel, one in the Spa and one other pool in a place nearby.
If you do not expect a big holiday resort, but like to stay in a high class business hotel with exceptional personal service, then this is your place!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Hilo, Hawaii
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This place IS as great as all the reviews say. The staff cannot do enough for you. Everything is made so easy. You ask for something and its done before you finish asking the question.

I love all the extra touches they don't advertise, but make stay.

The shuttle service is great. We were here at the busiest time of the year and never waited mote than 5 minutes.

I never write reviews, but want to acknowledge the amazing/lovely staff here.

• Stayed December 2013
Indeed glad to hear a positive experience from you. With our recent award " Leading Romantic Hotel Indonesia" 2013 Dec, we certainly have to live it up in our service delivery. We constantly train our staff to exceed guests expectations and go the extra mile. If you have any further suggestions which can even enhance guest experience, we are happy to hear. Send your responses to our GM Budiman email: Budiman@thelhotels.com or myself. Adeline@thelhotels.com
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 December 2013

What an amazing experience it was to be in Bali and to be staying in this hotel!!! The service was very heart warming and made me forget about the hustle and bustle of my normal London city life. Describing everyone in this hotel as 'nice' is an understatement, all of the staff were happy, warm, concerned and very professional. The feeling was almost being in a luxury hotel where everyone paid attention to my utmost comfort. I was expecting a so so service when I checked in the hotel but everyone proved me wrong..that it is possible to get an amazing holiday despite a not so good weather and paying a reasonable price. I will definitely go back to this hotel..I realized that nothing beat a service with a smile..(not a nice room, bed, location or etc). Thanks everyone for making my stay a truly enjoyable one!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo