“Beautiful hotel”

Ranked #50 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Singapore, Singapore
“Beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Definitely a must stay hotel even for a night to enjoy the room and it's facilities. Sadly I stayed only 1 night. I stayed in Lifestyle suite, their lead in category and it was definitely impressive. I wonder how their higher category looks..

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Yatylicious

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed at L hotels 7 March until 11 March 2014, when i was businees trip in Bali I knew this hotel from my best friend Shanon . I very recommended this hotel . I feel like a king stay here, with the great facilities . the buttler is so helpfull, humble. the breakfast is so delicious my favourite breakfast here is Nasi Goreng Kampoeng. The room is so beautifull as well as the interior, decorating . mini bar here is free man !! all the drink like milk, water mineral, apple juice , vitamin c mineral water freeeee here . my view from my room is the mount . OMG I love this hotel . when we talk the score 1 - 100, I giving 9,9 for this hotel and 100 for the buttler , 90 for breakfast

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dikarahman
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I would say this hotel facilities are probably 4 star, but with 5 star staff. They were amazing. I've been very ill for the passed 12 months and need to eat gluten and fructose free. I mentioned this to the staff when I was checking in and the next day both restaurants had a specialised menu for me and all the staff knew my name and were aware of my needs. The staff made my stay excellent. In regards to the hotel--it has a small indoor pool near the breakfast/lunch restaurant, the rooms are okay with a toilet on one side and the shower/basin on the other side--they aren't the biggest but far from the smallest room. There is also an outdoor pool for the hotel a few minutes away. The gym is very small and not worth calling a gym. The L spa next door is very good with 90 minute massages starting at about IDR330k (hotel guest receive 25% discount). The location was also good with a 5 minute walk to Sarong and Merah Putih restaurants and another 5 minutes to Potato Head and the beach. It cost about IDR50-70k by taxi to get to Kuta depending on the time of day and about IDR110k to get to the Rock Bar at Ayana Resort.

Room Tip: Motorbikes can be noisy if you have a front room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Ant W
Adeline Q, Resident Taste Maker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Mr Ant W

We are all glad you enjoyed your stay with us . Importantly we catered to your dietary needs and made you most at home. do come back soon and be delighted with more personalized touches
Hong Kong
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Disclaimer: I used to have a work relationship with this hotel before its opening but the review here is honest and should help you to decide if this hotel is right for you.

And yes, this hotel is not for everyone. If you want a hotel with a big room, probably you get better choice somewhere. I have to concur with a few previous reviews, most rooms are small in size (in Bali standard). But it is decent size if you considered this as a hip design hotel in any major cities in Asia or Europe. And same if you are looking for a beach-front property with full resort facilities, you should also look elsewhere. And if you do not like being pampered, you may not fully appreciate this hotel.

People who will appreciate this hotel is those who appreciate fine details and highly personalized service touchpoints. The luxury is actually in its software. The design is hip but the wow factor is here and there (like a love table setting at the Lola restaurant, the huge and expensive ceiling crafting in each room, the relaxing sunset setting at Luna Rooftop, etc.) and they are not "loud". So, if you are a person who cares about details, you probably will find more surprises here and there in this hotel.

And the service is unbeatable. At the airport, I was greeted by my butler and driver came right away. On the way from the airport to the hotel, the butler technically arranged everything for me - from spa appointment to restaurant bookings to shuttle service arrangement for the next few days. And there is a butler station on each floor where another butler is always available to assist when I just walked out from my room.

The hotel provides a local mobile phone which makes it very convenient and feel safe as a single female traveler. I can call my butler at any time and they always answered the phone addressing my name. And my local business contacts can find me easily by calling this local number. And the best part to me is, the hotel provides L driver to drive the hotel guests within the areas. Maybe it was low season now but I was able to get the L driver whenever I want. But my tips is, if the hotel is more packed in high season, schedule the shuttle service with your butler when you arrive and you should get the ride you want.

In the room, there is a nice touch of having a gold fish (real one) to accompany me throughout my stay, every night turn down service, there is a different "towel animal" in my room, together with a different bed time story and different snacks every night. I was just chatting with the hotel that I got mosquito bites during my day out and the next morning, I got a mosquito repellent in my room. These are the fine touches I love at this hotel.

And what I don't like? I think the main roads outside the hotel are bad. Honestly, I can hardly walk on the street. So, the "welcoming" of the hotel is not seen as luxury when I arrived at the hotel. The location is in Seminyak but there is not much around where the hotel is located. There is one Thai Corner restaurant next door, a Circle K convenient store, a local Indonesia restaurant and a Mexican Cafe (I think) that I can reach without the shuttle service (as the roads condition not good at least for me and I walked on high heels). The L Spa is next door. It is offering good treatment service at very reasonable price. But technically this is the location of the hotel.

I see many female travelers (traveled in twins) at this hotel and I do think maybe ladies care more about being pampered and like details and that is why they love L Hotel Seminyak ((sorry I should not make judgement here...) but I am one of them.

I will definitely return to stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: If budget allows, try not book the basic room catagory but one catagory up and the room configuratio...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Sheepo
Adeline Q, Resident Tastemaker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for your feedback. Happy to know you enjoy our L pampering and that our team delighted you in every way.We take a lot of effort to personalize the service and software to individual needs. Our team will certainly be motivated to strive to enhance further our guest interaction and look forward to welcome you back soon.

Bali is fast moving and developing. Sooner than expected, the area around Jalan Petitenget road will be transformed and lined with eateries and shops. Now that the new airport and highway is done up, travelling to L in Seminyak is about half an hour, easy access to even Nusa Dua area( less than 25min)
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The hotel is super tiny, the room is so small that it makes me wonder if I am a hobbit. The room layout is so strange and completely dysfunctional - with toilet and showers located on opposite side of the room, wash basin located somewhere in the middle of the room, facing the beds and with no mirror in front of it....so you brush your teeth and look to the side for reflection. The toilet is so small, with a super tiny washbasin the size of 1.5x iPad. Location is not bad, close to the happening places in Seminyak. Food is mediocre at best. Service is ok. Wonder how this hotel makes it to the SLH (Small Luxury Hotels of the World) which typically are really nice......maybe the focus on SMALL is a tad too much in selecting this hotel into SLH. In summary, not a memorable staying experience, esp since we were there for business - even the smiley service cant make up for it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank H S
Dear HS

thank you for sharing your sentiments. sorry to hear that your experience was not as memorable. Fyi, L Hotel is designed to blend heritage with modernity, and the idea is to create personalized touches within a petite but perfectly formed structure. If we knew of your concerns, we would have upgraded you to our Luxe suite, which is more spacious. -that's our top category.
The lifestyle suites with the toilet separated, is to provide more privacy to guests or couples.

We do provide a guest checklist prior before arrival. If you give us another chance, we be happy and confident to personalize your stay in a delightful way.

Our team sincerely looks forward to welcome you back and be glad to let you enjoy a chef's latest cuisine for your tasting on the house.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

The location not so good .. So it was great using the free drop off pick up service .. Walking from and to this hotel is a no no as I was nearly side swiped walking along the road just outside the hotel
Breakfast options not great as one of our members was wheat intolerant so breakfast was not so good as we had to skip it after first morning .. Though was paid for in our package
Phones use was a great luxury
The hotel was ok

Give the hotel 4 star .. Something missing to give it a 5 star ..differently not luxury as it is a member of the Small Luxury Hotels Group

The food not that good .. Maybe at most 3 star as I have had better at 2 star bed and breakfasts

Room 4.5 .. Very small room over looking a road .. With shower at window with blinds getting wet each time as you must close them otherwise the world to see
One cabinet door would close which kept a light on in cabinet all night
Poor workmanship with cracks and bad paint work especially for a new 5 star hotel and very noisy street.
Good things about the room were the bed and tv and also the bathroom products
The hotel was less then half full and was not allowed a 3pm checkout
They said our room was taken that day!!??? What Tha

For half the price can get 4 star near Laksmana
Stayed in Seminyak 7 times and would give this place number 6 from each place I've stayed at!
The tiny so called gym is a joke with only 10 kg dumbells and no bench with a cross trainer and bike that's it
Loved the indoor pool though was within eating area... That's a no no
Not good to eat near a chemical used for the pool to keep clean .. What are they thinking!

I'd like applaud the staff though sometimes there is a group of 6-8 standing together in the bar area chatting... Not on in a 5 star hotel sorry!!

Stayed January 2014
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Adeline Q, Resident Tastemaker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Mr/Ms Guest

I read your feedback with interest and alarm. Sorry, your points raised are NOT Valid and we cannot acknowledge because in our record, which we have checked and investigated that here have no trace of a particular encounter, incident that you have mentioned. Also we are wondering why you have no initials or name listed here.

I request if you have something to share with us, to write to the GM : budiman@thelhotels.com we be happy to address your concerns and improve in any area.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Absolutely loved our stay at the L hotel Seminyak. The emphasis on customer service is exceptional.
We were greeted at the airport by our butler Gede and our fantastic experience started from there. Gede was absolutely brilliant, no request was too much to ask and he made our experience at the L hotel so much more enjoyable.
We stayed in the Legian Room which was beautiful. The rooms are small but modern and great facilities. Big shower with great pressure. The ammenities from Khiel's are a real treat also.
Bed was very comfortable. Great room for couples.
Breakfast in the morning was great. A la carte menu made to order with some cereals, pastries and yogurt on the buffer. You must try the bananna pancakes! On one occasion we were ill and they even brought up breakfast to your room.
Location of hotel is great, within walking distance from The W hotel and Potato Head beach club. The best part of the L hotel is the car service they provide within Seminyak. It saved us so much time and money with taxi fares. On odd occasions where they are busy they even pop you in a taxi and pay for the trip if they car is not availiable. You are also given your own personal phone in which you can call your butler to pick you up whilst your away from the hotel. What service!
But the most incredible part of the hotel was the amazing staff. I have to say I have stayed at many hotels over the years but none in which the service was to this level. I was very ill during one of the days and our butler popped into town and bought us some medication and drinks as i was not in the state to leave the hotel. They even organised a doctor for me.
All the staff remembered our names when we encountered them.
It was a sad feeling when leaving as I felt as though I was leaving a little family I had formed.
I cannot wait to come back to the L and would not even consider staying anywhere else.
Thankyou for a very special experience

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Linh C
Thank you Linh C for your wonderful comments. Certainly Gede our Butler will be happy to hear. I am happy to know you enjoyed your stay and our team delighted you in almost every other way of service.

Do come back soon and recommend your friends to stay at L. Bali has a lot to offer, each visit can be invigorating and the landscape evolves fast.