“Great Service, Unique Boutique Hotel”
Review of L Hotel Seminyak

L Hotel Seminyak
Ranked #49 of 146 Hotels in Seminyak
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Great Service, Unique Boutique Hotel”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed at the L Hotel with my wife just last weekend. Great service right from the security whom warmly introduced himself to the butlers whom made us felt right at home. Loved the free wi-fi access throughout the hotel. The room was clean and relatively spacious where it mattered (read: big bed). Small bathroom which made it difficult to turn around but manageable. Very quaint toilet - I call it "toilet in the closet" - a hit song right there!
All in all, I will stay at the L Hotel the next time my wife and I head back to Bali.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We recently spent 2 nights at the L Hotel before we were to check in for a villa for a week - and the hotel was lovely.

The best part I think was the bed. Big and comfy. Whilst the room is very compact, it's all about the bed. It has everything you need.

The staff were AMAZING - always smiling, and up for a chat and to help you out.

The location was great for being near the BEST restaurants in Seminyak but not really near in the main street. And if you wanted to walk to the main street there was no sidewalks which was kind of annoying.

Breakfast - worst I have ever had!!! Just no effort put into it.

The lift - don't bother! There were 3 of us in the lift that JUST fit. SOOO claustrophobic! So much so that I took the stairs every day up and down to the 3rd level which was exhausting by the end.

One afternoon we went to go to the roof top for a drink - we got there and it was soooo sunny! So we asked if there was an umbrella that could be put over our table so we could sit up there. The waitress said they only had one umbrella and it was broken... Okay... So we just ordered one beer. The beer was SO hot - like had one sip and couldn't drink anymore so we just left and went somewhere else. Which was disappointing.

Besides the above, it's cute, chic, and ultra modern!

Would I stay here again, no, BUT - I'm still happy I stayed here as it was great to see the hotel and have a nice beautiful bed in a modern room for the first 2 nights of our stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in Aug. No complaints until I checked out.

The hotel is a small walk from the epicenter of Seminyak however it's great accidental exercise to burn off the holiday indulgence.

The room isn't huge however when traveling solo it's ample. Water pressure could be a little better in the shower as well.

The reason as to why it's not a higher rating: when checking in, I was informed the mini bar drinks (non alcoholic) were complimentary, however when checking out they were on the bill... When I mentioned to the staff that I was told otherwise they said no. I couldn't be assed arguing over a few AUD... However very dishonest.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Gavin J
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed at L hotel for 4 nights in July. Each floor is assigned a Butler, who checks in with you in the morning to help you plan your day. We got a great deal by purchasing our room rate online, but this didn't include the shuttle bus service to the main part of town (probably 15-20mins walk with no footpaths and a lot of traffic!). We could take the shuttle to the "L beach" which was lovely to visit for the day - but lots of waves so not really suitable for swimming. Black sand beach as well - probably the Aussie beaches look nicer, but at least the water is warm! There was a little cafe at the hotel beach, which I wished we'd had time to have a cheap lunch.
The hotel room was very small (choosing the cheapest one) and bathroom is open - so probably best for couples rather than friends! Decor and body products were beautiful, and lots of special touches of a boutique hotel (dessert for turn down treat etc).
The L spa was great, I had a pedicure and a massage. The gym was very small (2 people could use comfortably) but I made use of it every day.
The location was not perfect, being further away from the action, however there were plenty of food spots nearby and breakfast was huge and filling - you can order set menus or al a carte. We hired a scooter to get around more easily.
We got ripped off by a money changer on one day (watch out for them, my husband and I both counted the money out but he still managed to swipe $150AUD back of $400 we changed without us noticing!). We asked our butler what to do, and she escorted my husband back to the money changer, with the hotel security guard, and the money changer instantly gave all the stolen money back!
There were a few things that L hotel could do to become more environmentally friendly. We found our towels were being changed twice a day - even with the sign left out. We loved the towel animals left for us each night, but I felt bad about the amount of towels we were using! Also, larger water bottles or using glass refillable bottles, rather that guests using at least 4 small ones per day.
We had a lovely and romantic stay at L hotel, we would stay again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Being used to brusque service in Bali, you lower your expectations with every trip. I was blown away with L'Hotel's level of service. If you're coming to Bali to shop and catch up on spa treatments, then L'Hotel is perfectly located between the deck of trendy fashion boutiques and spas along Petitenget, and the Seminyak's most-loved shopping stretch with a free shuttle bus ride.

I was intrigued that L'Hotel was the only non-villa/resort in Bali listed by SLH (the rate is, not to mention, unbeatable). When I spoke to head bulter Gede, I realized why. L's personal butlers (part of the package) and personal shoppers (if requested) are enormously clued-in on where the best shops in the area are, where typically no one knows anything..., as well as Bali's cultural history and stories, which you'll learn if you take a tour to the nearby Petitinget temple or Tanah Lot.

Having saved the best for last, let me rave about the spa. I had an Indian Head massage, which was out of this world. L's spa is competitively priced against the boutique spas in the area, and offers much, much more comfort and professional service. You might be intimidated (and wrong) in assuming that this hotel spa is pricier than the independent upmarket spas.

Everything from the shellac manicures, to Ayurvedic massages and waxing is the same price, but you get better therapists, a more tranquil setting (if you go past AMO spa, it feels like an assembly line than a place to relax) and much much more privacy. So definitely at least check out the spa, and rooftop terrace, even if you're not staying here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank eli_zuliani
Sydney
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Loved our stay at the L Hotel. It's a funky little place about a 10-15 min walk from the beach.

Service was fantastic, the rooms were gorgeous and the food on the rooftop restaurant was delicious (ask for the Indonesian menu).

I saw a few reviews saying the rooms were quite small but ours was spacious and lovely. For anyone who has stayed in hotels in Hong Kong, London, Paris, NYC i can assure you the room was bigger than any i have stayed in those cities!

Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Jennifer E
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights in room 305. Despite reading other issues with level 3 I had absolutely none - everything worked fine and it was quiet at night. Best customer service for a small boutique hotel. Rooms are small but that didn't bother me. Some issue with airport pick up which were rectified and was an oversight. Food at Lola restaurant is great, cocktails on rooftop bar and live DJ is relaxing. I can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014