“Awesome place to stay!!!”

The Grey Boutique Inn
Ranked #44 of 125 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We loved Seminyak because of The Grey Boutique Inn but unfortunately we had to leave for Gili Air Island. It was not far from beach(5-8 min. walk), Amazing staff(especially front desk) and it was so clean and nice. I highly reccomend this hotel for whoever wants to stay in Seminyak!

Room Tip: Rooms are all fantastic!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 April 2013

This is a long overdue review, but since we are planning to do our annually trip to Bali, i think why not give a review regarding this place. Ok, here I go, we stayed here for 16 days, we were pretty amazed with how very clean and proper the place was. A very good impression when we first walked in. All the staffs were really helpful and friendly. A good location, in between Kuta and Seminyak. Quirky room design. A nice swimming pool. A few minus things regarding the place were : the flow of warm water was inconsistent (sometime it is non existent), we complained a few times, but at last we felt really sorry with the staffs because seemed like there was nothing they can do about it. The wifi signal is also pretty frustrating, it took me hours to sent an important email for my work. But nonetheless, it was a very pleasant stay. If you are on a fixed (read: tight) budget, this is a place to go. Are we coming back again this year? I am afraid not, thank God we could afford more this year onwards, so on to the next fancy hotel, i'd say :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We stayed one night at the Grey hotel in Bali without expecting much, awaiting for our Villa to be ready and we were quite pleased by the hotel, its cool furniture, its comfort, the cleanliness, the friendly staff, the quietness. I believe that the hotel is primarily destined for young people with an excellent price quality ratio and I would recommend it warmly. It is also quite well positioned and again, very clean.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2013

What I like:

*) Really big bed. It's very good
*) Small pool
*) Quite big room
*) Free wi-fi of good quality
*) Fridge, AC
*) Staff are helpful and friendly.

What I don't like:

*) It's boutique hotel - it means some ideas in decoration and... in in layout. I personally don't like such kind of design, but I suppose that for somebody it's ok. But layout is very strange. The matter is that that toilet DOESN'T have any door from the main door in the room. So when I'm sitting there and my friend come in the room or want to come out... there is a piece of small shock for everybody. I think that human beings have accustomed to be protected from the view from outside when sitting in the toilet, isn't it??
Same with shower.

*) Room is dark in the evening time - absolutely not enough of light.
*) Too far away from the sea.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Andy P
Reviewed 9 January 2013

A bit underestimate when I saw the reception (small, dirty chair) but when I entered the room, whooa there are a lot of fun. With cheap price you can get flat tv, refrigerator and hair dryer. It has large open bathroom (my favorite part is the towel hanger made from bamboo). the one and only problem is, so many mosquitos. Better prepare yourself with electronic mosquito repellent mm..and get double protection with insect repellant lotion :). The location is pretty good. you can walk to the minimart, kopitiam, and sunset star building (McDonald's, Cold Stone, Starbucks, and many more). Recommended for budget hotel.

Room Tip: choose the first floor rooms. they have larger bathroom then the second floor rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2012

*Beautifully decorated modern rooms with big bathroom
*Very friendly staff
*"pool" was more for decoration than swimming: no sunbeds and very very small
*Wifi didn't reach the rooms so you had to sit outside at reception which was a pain
*Bad location: no shops or supermarket around, you have to take cab to get to Kuta or Seminyak
*No breakfast/bar or restaurant, so you have to eat out (and take cab to get somewhere)!

Good, modern and clean boutique hotel, nice for a night but I wouldn't stay there for a week or so. I rather recommend staying in Favehotel Umalas which is also modern boutique, but has more facilities!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Tinita28
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Me and my family stayed there for 3 days..
The location is in a good neighborhood..
It's in quiet area, so you can have a good rest time..
The inn is close to the food place, supermarket and petrol station..

The Grey has big rooms, modern minimalist style..
You can find big size bed, tv cable, fridge, hairdryer and savebox..
They changed the towel, fresh water and clean up the room everyday..
The Grey staffs were very welcoming and also helped us find good motorbike rental, they were very helpful..

I recommend this place..
Kudos The Grey Boutique Inn..

Stayed in November 2012..

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family