“Unique homewares/decor”

The Grey Boutique Inn
Ranked #47 of 118 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I like their spacious room and its homewares. Well designed. Shoe is the theme for the decor , hence it is very unique. One thing : A little bit strange for the entrance door, which is actually the bath room's door . Feel strange :) Fair price for it location

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hotel has 17 rooms, and the best one i could ask from them is the one on top of their front office. It has the biggest terrace and that is a bonus. The staffs are always friendly to me. The swimming pool, though it is quiet small, but what would you complain for a $30-$35 a night? I have been staying at Grey Inn for couple of times. Back to those days in early 2012 where I was in my observation of finding my own space in Bali to set my own business. I chose to stay at Grey for more than a week and this is for couple of times i couldn't even recall. For any small groups or family on a budget trip, I have always recommending Grey Inn for their stay. Mind you that this hotel is nothing close to the beach (thank God i am not a beach must person). The only thing I need them to improve is breakfast :) Hey..some local food will do for bfast. All the best for Grey Inn.

Room Tip: pick the one not in front of the pool as you don't want to hear some kids swimming shouting in e...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I love the decor !! Edgy, minimalists.
This is a place for young people, who look for a place to crash. Don't expect goose feather pillow or numero uno amenities. But I mean when you go to Bali, you'd look for adventures not staying all day long in the hotel.

With the price like that, it's totally worth the money ! :).

And ....the staffs are friendly and helpful.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cest T
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

If you need a place to just crash for a night or two in Bali and you aren't too fussy over accommodations, this could be your place. It has a decent location all things considered (walkable to a Mini-mart, Starbucks and McDonald's but nothing much beyond that) and sits on a relatively quiet side street which can be good for noise but hard for taxi drivers to find.

I first stayed here back in 2012 and found it to be quite good all things considered. It definitely has taken a bit of a beating in the last two years since my last visit; the wear and tear was definitely noticeable on the property.

In each case, I've only stayed 1 night and left in the morning, mainly due to late night flight arrivals and me not wanting to spend so much for a night in a luxury hotel on the first night when I wouldn't fully be able to utilize a nice resort.

Rooms here are basic and relatively clean but I noticed that there really doesn't seem to be any such thing as a "smoking" and "non-smoking" room here. Pretty much anything seems to go. My room was pretty clean on the surface (with the exception of the bathroom which was a bit filmy with soap in the shower area) but the room smelled like someone had been smoking in it when I first arrived and the smell covered up with air freshener. Aircon helped a bit but the air still felt a bit dirty.

The beds here are actually quite comfortable and for the price you can't really complain too much.

Service here is decent; some staff are super great, others are less helpful and can't seem to be bothered. There's also a strange amount of people that seem to loiter around the lobby area and on the street near the lobby. Whether or not they were staff I couldn't tell as most were not wearing the t-shirts with the hotel name that most staff seem to wear.

Pool is really just a small plunge pool that looked cloudy and not something I would want to swim in, so if you are envisioning a pool with some lounge chairs to chill at (there isn't even any pool furniture from what I recall) you probably will be left disappointed.

Bottom line; this place is good for a night or two in my opinion but anything beyond that I wouldn't personally go for. If you just need a place to sleep for a couple days and that's it, this place should suit you just fine. And for the price, it is incredibly good value.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank SQ452
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I suggested you to stay in this hotel if you want to rest and spend most of your time in your hotels (better if you're with you're partner) with a minimum budget. Far enough from the beach (walking 15 minutes) and very silent when the nights come. The price is good ($35 - I've stayed in this hotels for one night with my 5 of my friends, and we stayed in 2 rooms), the designs was simple and comfortable. I remember the cute concept of their bathroom, feelin like you're somewhere in a mission of adventure. They has a swimming pool, but..... really it was really small, like they tried to made the small space which left to be usefull.

Room Tip: Better to stayed on the first floor. So you can easily go and call the receptionist if you need a he...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Firdasn
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stayed for 4 nights on arrival. Location... well, not as close to the beach and shops as you would hope. Quite hard to find, in fact the taxi from airport let us down in the wrong hotel next door! I think the name was "Grand Kuta". Rather grand that we'd hope that we've booked that one instead of The Grey. But overall, staff are friendly and helpful. We've managed to book a tour guide and driver through them.

Walking into the room, it's like what most other reviewers have mentioned: straight into the bathroom. Then through another sliding door, you'll get to the bedroom with really basic settings. A king-sized bed, tv set (no dvd players) with minimal channels selections and a tiny fridge. Hairdryer and a kettle is provided for convenience too. Yes, room is quite dark unless you open the curtain to invite the full sunlight in. Night time, unfortunately, have to unplugged some lightings to give way to charging battery and boiling water etc. Bed is quite comfirtable though, and we got extra blanket when asked for it. Air-con worked fine, but there's no water heater in the shower.

Would say you can get better bargain with better attractions elsewhere. Which explains why there weren't many guests seen during our stayed. Was told by staff that you could take a 20 mins stroll down the beach, but we never tried. Swimming pool is quite small I doubt that anyone would be tempted to soak in it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Memphia77
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

I spent one night here, intending to spend two. Very cool modern simple design. Free wifi worked in room. TV with several channels. Fridge and pot to boil water, hair dryer, shampoo and body soap. Air con was ok-- not powerful but worked ok throughout the night.

Very Comfy bed!!! Had a room on the 2nd floor with balcony. I had a regular door to enter the room, but after entering, you are immediately in the toilet and shower area! Next there was a sliding wood door to open and then enter the studio style room. I found it a bit dark-- dim lights which look nice but aren't good to read by. In the day, the sliding door to the balcony is the only window light for the room. If the curtains are open, you don't have much privacy as it faces direct to the street below and anyone sitting across or in cars parked or in the house across can look in. Be nice if they added some sheer drapes to be able to open for light and still get some privacy.

I had issues with my shower water not ever getting hot. Not cold, not quite warm either.

Also be nice if more plug outlets, as you must unplug a light in order to use the hot water pot or charge your batteries, etc.

Room was clean enough, but still had some tiny ants in the bathroom and someone's hair around toilet area. Towels were well worn and need replacing. Bedding was clean but had stains/ spots which happen with wear/time. Pool is small but nice to just sit and cool off in, however it is right next to the reception area. Sadly no lounge chairs to relax in by the pool, although no space maybe.

The staff was very welcoming, friendly and hospitable. Seemed to be more Indonesian guests.

For me, I found the location inconvenient since I was walking or having to take a taxi. It was pretty quiet at night. It took me 30-45 min to walk to the beach ( Double 6) along a busy road with too many motorbikes making it impossible to cross the road at times. If you have transport it would be 5-10 min. to the beach. With transport, it's easy to go to Kuta or Seminyak since you are right in the middle but just farther back from the beach areas.

Across from The Grand Kuta which is next door, you can find a Mc Donald's, Starbucks, Cold Stone Creamery, and a Japanese restaurant. There was also a convenience store around that same area.

I would only stay here again if I had my own transport. Otherwise for the same price, or cheaper you can find nice places closer to cafes, shopping/ beach areas.

• Stayed: August 2013