“Staff are friendly, professional, provide great prompt service, always service with a smile nothing is too much.”
Review of RC Villas & Spa

RC Villas & Spa
Ranked #43 of 424 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My husband and I stayed in a private 1 bedroom villa, early March 2014 and enjoyed our stay! Staff are welcoming, we arrived late in the evening with cool towels and pineapple drink awaiting our arrival in our villa by Bonbon. The 5 days we felt like we had the complex to ourselves we didn't see any other guests, although we did hear voices, it was fairly quiet apart from the building construction but we were positioned away but who bothers with noise when you have a beautiful pool to relax in.
Breakfast was amazing and staff were prompt every morning to provide and cook brekkie in our villa, always smiling and friendly. Location very handy within walking distance to Shops, Seminyak market, restaurants and bars and easy
access to taxi. We will definatley be back with family and friends. With 8 villas you do feel the privacy and staff to be commended they even called is by name very personal touch. Thank you for a great stay for our first time to Bali our first impression will always be RC Villas. I could go on and on! Thank you RC Villas and staff, see you again.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank LemMar

Reviewed 8 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at RC villas in late Feb for three days, the villas were exactly as shown on the website and Mea and the other staff were friendly and helpful. Yes there was construction going on next door but that's a pretty common thing in Seminyak with the amount of new buildings being built, but this didn't detract from our enjoyment in a major way.. Our villa had screening to ensure that the outdoor bathrooms were still private. We were aware of this building activity before we booked and it didn't detract from the very pleasant property. The central Seminyak location was the real driver for our decision to try RC Villas and in that respect it was great and suited us very well.

We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The villa's are as promised on the pictures, very nice, promising, private.... no not anymore, a construction of a 5 storey hotel next to the villa's spoiled our weekend. Today it is a construction side with workers able to look into your garden making a lot of noise 7 days a week and later it will be hotel guests looking in your garden. We were looking for a nice villa nearby the main street in Seminyak and RC villas is exactly that, a bit of noise from the street and from a near by nice new restaurant and club ("Townhouse") is what you can expect at a location like this. But not construction noise the whole day from 9am to 5pm. The bed and sofa are not that comfortable and the breakfast is nice but every day exactly the same, only the rice will be changed with noodles alternate days. Fogging is not done and mosquito's are tormenting if you have the blood they like. So if you do not stay in the villa during the day, this is still a nice villa for a few days a doorstep from nice shops, restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: Villa's 5, 6 and 7 are next to the construction, make sure you get 1 - 4
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Our family stayed here in early January in a 2 bedroom villa. Firstly I would like to thank all the staff for their hospitality, the way our Villa was cleaned and serviced and for the ample cooked breakfast that were provided in our villa daily. However there is a major construction of a new multi story complex right next to RC Villas. I think it will be part of the villas from what I could understand. In the mornings from 7.00 am there was general construction noise on the site. I asked the manager if they could start a little later and she just smiled at me. In addition due to the stage of the multi story development the workers had a great view of our villa and pool. This will also be a problem once the construction is completed. Seems to go against the claim on the website of "Private Villas"??If you can overlook this then RC Villas is still a good place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I would not recommend RC Villas to anyone for the following reasons:
- The hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen and bathroom were extremely poor. I have attached photographs showing a mound of hair that had collected on the pebbles in our shower which was quite disgusting.
- We were told that there were 'minor renovations' taking place. In fact there was major construction taking place at the front of the building. I couldn't sit by the pool without being disturbed by the concrete grinding taking place.
- There was no privacy by the pool as construction workers had a great bird's eye view.
- A member of staff would hold out her hand and ask for money each time we stepped out of our villa inside the resort.
- We were told that my credit card had declined the transaction for the first night's stay so could we pay the total amount straight away. In fact my credit card had plenty of credit. I believe this was a fabrication to extract the total amount before any of the shortcomings of RC Villas could be noted.
- We were so disappointed that we left after 4 days regardless of having paid the total amount for 11 days.
- When we asked for a refund for the remaining days due to the false disclosure of 'minor renovations' our request was rejected.
- I also totally agree that these villas should not have been rented out or should have been heavily discounted whilst construction was taking place.
- Its only redeeming factor is its central location.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank MegfromtheBra
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I spent 15 nights here to celebrate my 60th birthday. Although booking a one bed villa, we spent 10 nights in a two bed villa and then moved for the last 5 nights to the one bed. For this inconvenience we were given two free massages. My husband enjoyed the traditional Balinese massage which includes reflexology performed in their adjoining spa and went on to book further massages and treatments. The building work others refer to is their new spa and offices.

Unfortunately I react badly to insect bites but as soon as the staff knew this they sprayed the villa each night and left us with a can of spray. The villa was kept beautifully clean as was the pool and garden. If a member of staff saw something that needed doing, they did it whether it was their job or not. All the staff were extremely friendly especially Mea in reception whose English is very good. On the day of departure we didn't have to leave for the airport until 3 p.m. and were allowed to use a free villa to shower and freshen up before departing for the airport. All in all a thoroughly enjoyable holiday and will certainly return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaisyEllen
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed here 4 nights, for my honeymoon.

The villa itself is perfect, couldn't ask for more.

However, you need more than a nice room/villa to make it a great place to stay. Bali was not the problem, lovely country, enjoy every moment there. The service provided by RC Villa doesn't not uphold the standard it should.

There's no room service, although there's surrounding restaurants you still need room service. After a long day out, late in the night, you want the food to come to you, especially when you're on holiday.

When we went to stay it was still underconstruction, which we neve knew about. The front entrance for RC Villa was not built so it was just a nice villa between the alley way.

The breakfast is really nice but its the same thing everydaym you get sick of it as you want variety.

No one really knows of RC Villa as it is new but because of the location, you can get to it by mentioning the Ku De Tah Rest.

Also most of Villas in Bali offer massage in your room, this one does not. Yes there are massage parlours outside the villa but it is not the same as getting a massage in your own room. They say the masues will come to your room but they don't as they are reluctant to.

Although the villa is very nice, I wouldn't stay here again. Simply because of the service, I paid way too much for no service at all.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple