“Exceptional experience”

Studio Pilates - The Art of Body
Ranked #38 of 121 Spas & Wellness in Seminyak
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Studio Pilates sits in the heart of Seminyak; a fully-equipped studio staffed by STOTT PILATES(R) trained instructors.We offer Pilates programmes designed to engage and strengthen your core, waist and lower back muscles, helping improve posture and prevent injury. Our rehabilitation programmes are delivered in a one-to-one setting and designed to challenge and stabilise the spine, shoulders, pelvis, hips and knees. Our small group workout sessions are innovative, intense and highly effective and will leave you lean, toned and flexible.Whether experienced or a complete beginner, we promise you an amazing full body workout that will keep you coming back for more.
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Exceptional experience”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Having recently commenced Pilates in Australia, I was keen to spend my holiday in Bali focussing on gaining greater experience. Initially, I considered doing a two week health retreat among the many being advertised by exclusive resorts, but the group concept seemed less appealing than private instruction. Fortunately, the reviews on google and trip advisor which I researched prior to the trip, lived up to and indeed exceeded my expectations.
After the first session with Fas, the owner of the Art of Pilates, I was amazed at the detailed explanations and assessment of my technique which was unlike any instruction I had ever received at home. Fas was astute in quickly picking up subtle refinements which have made a major impact on my flexibility, strength and posture in only two weeks of instruction. Even simple stretches which I have done for years are now undertaken with new knowledge....like for example, a catstretch. Who would ever had thought about spine placement three different ways during this stretch. Fas and his beautiful wife Natalie own the Art of Body. I had the good fortunate to also take private instruction with Natalie in her fitness studio. They are both walking advertisements for good health, balance and fitness. Natalie looks exceptional and as a mother of a gorgeous four year old, is certainly an inspiration to help other mothers of all ages, get back into shape. There are plenty of laughs, good humour and a wonderful warmth and energy which flows through all staff at the studio. Wayan, Sri, Natalie and Fas, thank you for your commitment to excellence. You truly made my trip to Bali a wonderful experience and I look forward to seeing you again next time.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank cjd888
Faz K, Owner at Studio Pilates - The Art of Body, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for your kind words. I was great to meet you and we look forward to seeing you soon. Cheers. F

Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Art of Excellence”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

A group of us recently visited Bali to celebrate a birthday and although celebrating was the priority, being the dedicated girls we are, we didn't want to miss out on Pilates. We signed up for 3 semi private classes. Our instructor, Fas, was nothing short of excellent, directing us with precise instructions/demonstrations and the right amount of humour helping us forget the pain he was inflicting! We absolutely loved everything about this Studio, Fas (as mentioned) rocked, the equipment was well maintained and clean, great location and a harmonious space to workout. We came away each day feeling rejuvenated and wiped out! We'll be back!
Jan & Kym (Perth, WA)

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jan T
Faz K, Owner at Studio Pilates - The Art of Body, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thanks guys, it was a pleasure to have you at our studio. Look forward to seeing you here again. cheers Faz
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing place - enlightening experience”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I practice yoga and Pilates on a regular basis in London, and during our 10-day in Bali, we wanted to do some exercise and try something new. Aerial yoga came up, and we loved the idea...
Just from reading the questionnaires we filled out upon our arrival at the studio, Natalie devised a perfect session for the two of us and gave us the most amazing introduction to aerial yoga/Pilates we could have wished for! Truly amazing.
Natalie is very professional and an exceptional trainer (both my husband and I have a lot of experience in working with personal trainers). She is a caring, kind and interesting person who is also genuinely interested not only in our fitness objectives, but also in our experience and feed-back.
She made the whole session a challenging fitness class, but also a truly enlightening experience and helped us discover a new form of exercise that brings together the body and the mind.
She inspired us to take up aerial yoga/Pilates in London as we really loved our private induction to this beautiful form of exercise. Thank you again, Natalie! Our only regret is that we did not have enough time to go back before leaving Bali!...

Visited May 2014
Hope Island, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent instruction”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

This experience of learning Pilates was amazing . The owner instructor is so good. Made me want to do Pilates when I came back to Australia but sadly the training etc here is pathetic compared to studio pirates . Wish I lived in Bali so I could do it every day

Visited May 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Awesome Pilates and fantastic fitness”
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Had a great Pilates treatment here. Once I had recovered from my back pain, I was for enough to try the pole dancing classes. The teachers are top-notch and super friendly. The facilities are amongst the best in Bali. Everything is clean and new. Can't recommend the Art of Body enough - love it

Visited February 2014