“Great location and good service but can do with some improvements”
Review of La Belle Villa

La Belle Villa
Ranked #129 of 426 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The location at La belle was really close to places like bali deli and the main shopping stretch. Its easily located by the taxi drivers and its really near the main road so walking at night back to the villa is not too dark. The staff were really friendly, we requested for a late check out and they mentioned that it was no problem immediately. WE also required adaptors which they said they did not have but a few minutes later, they wereknocking on our door with an adaptor they found. When we saw that it was not the one we required, they said they would buy one the next day for us. GRanted the staff did not seem to be as knowledgeable as some of the other places in terms of activities and we couldnt get a better prices than in the travel brochrues they had but we could feel the sincerity from the staff
THere was a outdoor livng room area with the tv and all at night and mosquito coils were provided so we didnt have too much of a mosquito problem.
All in all, its a good hotel but there are some minor tweaks that can be put in. We were staying at another place before shifting here and we felt like some things could be better.
For instance, the doorknobs had key holes on both side of the door, which meant that to lock up from the inside, we had to usually scramble around to look for the key. Thats quite inconvenient when someone is knocking on the door and we cannot find the key. Also, while we were served breakfast at our living room area, it was facing the morning sun so we couldn't lounge around having a slow breakfast for too long as it was uncomfortable with the sun in our eyes and all. The open roof conceptfor the bathroom often meant that we came back to some millipedes and lizards in our toilet which,while expected of such a concept, was not very pleasant, especially the millipedes. We also didnt experience this at the other villa we were at with an open roof concept so we were not very sure why this was so. Some other things like we had a cooking stove with no cooking pots, or we were provided water that required a bottle opener which we couldnt find around. MAybe we had to request for them but we had our own so it was not a problem. Still if we definitelyhad to use it to open the water provided it would have been good to have it provided at an easly available area.

Room Tip: IF you're a breakfast person and want to have breakfast without the sun shining in your eyes, ch...
Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darryloo

Reviewed 12 May 2013

We stayed here very last minute after some major issues with our last villa. We booked around 8.30am and were there by 9am and they were so accommodating!

Within 5 minutes we were let into our room, explained about breakfast and asked if we needed anything at all. The villas are set back from the main road, but still in a great location in seminyak. It is across the intersection from Bali Deli and a short stroll to the nicer shops in the area.

I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone. It's reasonably priced, and the people are just so lovely! We called to ask for a cola but they didn't have any but they offered to walk to the shops for us. Amazing!

We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SamBlC
Reviewed 10 May 2013

This Villa is somewhat new, therefore not all the cab drivers know where it is. give them the cross streets and they'll get you there. It's away from the touristy street and it's quiet. It's a lovely spot, near an indomart and within walking distance of the main touristy street.

The villa itself is greaty. there's a small pool, you get an out door living room, and bathroom. don't freak about the outdoor bathroom. You just have a partially open ceiling next to the shower. You can see the moon when you shower, but be aware bugs can fly in. Keep your bathroom door shut to keep them from going into your room. Your room has ac, it's the only part of your villa that has ac.

Breakfast is served in your villa. You can watch tv while you eat. The staff is very friendly and nice. There is always someone at the desk if you need something. But don't expect them to plan your tours out, you have to be a bit pro active here. But you'll be happy here, for the price you'll be happy.

I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2013

La Belle Villa, just out of the "heart" of Seminyak (meaning it's not exactly on any of the main Seminyak shopping streets) is a really nice, clean, friendly place to stay.

I must admit, when my transportation first pulled up at the front of the Villas I was a little deflated because they are on a rather busy street which runs off the main highway through the Seminyak area. BUT, and I emphasise the BUT, this was just my very first impression and, I wasn't going to let that detract from my stay.

At the front of the Villas is a small reception area, which is pretty much open to the street, where the staff will greet you and scan your passport, give you your keys and info about the Villas and then take you to your Villa.

The pool area is right here at the front of the Villas, separated from the small car park at he front and the street by a very high wall, so if you intend to have a "laze and relax by the pool" kind of holiday, then I suggest that La Belle is not for you, because I'm sure the street noise during the day would be a huge distraction from that kind of holiday. That's not the kind of holiday I was intending though, so it didn't effect me whatsoever. The pool is shared with all of the (6) villas and my use of the pool was generally for a morning wake-up swim and an early evening swim, before heading out to dinner. I didn't have to share the pool with anyone else during my 5 days at the Villas! The pool is what some might consider small but I found it an adequate size for some laps and a bit of relaxation. And it is very well maintained.

My Villa, Number 1, was right at the front of the property and consisted of a nice size outdoor lounge room, with a kitchenette and bar fridge, with kettle and very simple cooking facilities, should you need them, but with all of the great restaurants and warungs in Seminyak, who wants to cook?!

The entrance to the Villas is via your own private, lockable doors and there are very high walls surrounding your lounge room. There's also a nice little garden area.

The bedroom is a good size with lovely air conditioning, extremely comfortable bed and bedding and it is very very nice environment - there's also a flat screen TV with lots of channels to surf.

The indoor/outdoor bathroom is very interesting and accommodating, with a bath toilet, bathtub, large vanity and "outdoor" shower - there's kind of a skylight that exposes the shower to the outside world. I did think thought that the shower had the potential to be a haven for mosquitos and there were a few around, but it wasn't exactly a plague!! The towels are beautifully clean, as is the entire bathroom area and, indeed, the whole villa.

Breakfast was included in my room rate and the staff will usually ask you on a daily basis as you come and go to order your breakfast (from a menu at the front desk) and choose a serving time - anywhere from 7am to midday!! Very generous.

The available foods were fairly limited but of a pretty good standard - eggs, bacon, sausages, toast, banana pancake, fresh fruit platter (mainly rockmelon, watermelon and papaya), tea/coffee and "fresh" juice. I ordered the juice once, but I'm fairly sure it was made from perhaps powder, but it definitely was not fresh OJ!! Hence I bought my own at some of the many minimarts scattered around Seminyak. And best thing about breakfast - you can order a combination of all of the things listed. My favourite was the banana pancake, which came with a very sugary syrup of some kind (it's not maple) and it went very well with the fruit platter. I also requested no watermelon after the first day, cos I simply don't like the stuff - and that was accommodated.

The rooms were maintained every day - beds made, floors swept and mopped - my mess cleaned up.

And the staff are simply lovely, lovely people - ready to help you out in whichever way they can.

I slept really well in the comfy bed, the A/C worked well, the shower was great (though it does take a few minutes for that hot water to come through initially - don't give up!). And, there was no noise issue at night and, to be honest, I didn't even find it a problem during the day when I was out in my lounge area - but, some of you just might find it irritating. I think I tend to close those things out eventually.

So, I highly recommend this really comfortable, clean, well-run establishment for so so many reasons. I really enjoyed my stay there and should I return to Seminyak in the future, I will be glad to enjoy their hospitality again.

Room Tip: If you think the noise might bother you, ask for a villa not at the front - there are 6 all up, with...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I read the previous reviews here before choosing LBV. It's exactly as described: clean, well serviced, with great staff. Our room was starting to show some wear and tear, but nothing to detract from the overall experience. It's located close to Bali Deli (better value and food range than the Bintang supermarket) and 5 mins walk from Jalan Seminyak and some decent shops and eateries.

Must do: Pak Malan is a hole-in-the-wall kind of restaurant that SOLELY does babi guling. Having eaten at the Babi Guling Sanur, and heard recent negative reports of Ubud equivalents, Pak Malan is THE BEST. For around IDR30000 you get a Tehbotol, cracking soup, and the best pork/rice you will ever have. Get on!

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms have the same layout. I guess aim for away from the pool (no room has a pool...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CelticDan
Reviewed 20 March 2013

The villas offered are clean, tidy, private and have a nice homely feel. We found the room and bed to be super comfortable. The outdoor area of each villa is equipped with fridge, sink, stove and outdoor furniture and is a great little area to hang out or entertain a couple of guests. Service is always with a smile. We were allowed a late checkout (6pm) as our flight was not until later in the evening, and the place was not booked out when we stayed here. Sure the pool is small, but it was always super clean and does the trick. Breakfast is basic, but does the job. All of this for a relatively good price for the standard of comfort, accommodation and service that you get. La Belle Villa is located only a few minutes walk to the start of the many Seminyak shopping strips (including supermarket Bali Deli), while the beach is about 20-30 minutes walk away/5 minutes in a taxi (about 20,000-30,000 Rupiah). If all of the above sounds like something you could be interested in, I would highly recommend staying at La Belle Villa for your stay in Seminyak/Bali.

Room Tip: Villas further back from the road would be more quiet. However, all rooms are quiet enough in my opi...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

Lovely small hotel with great rooms and service. For the price you bay this is an absolute gem of a place. All the staff went out of their way to help, arranging transport, delaying breakfast when we were lazy and always looking after us. The hotel is new so there are some small teething problems but nothing that will upset your stay.
Thanks again