“The best meal I had in Bali”
Review of Zibiru

Zibiru
Ranked #25 of 549 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Since opening its doors in August of 2012, Zibiru has garnered a loyal following with its regional Italian cuisine made from fresh ingredients. The restaurant has something for everyone, from food enthusiasts to wine lovers: During the day a gastronomic deli, offering sandwiches with premium Italian products as well as vegan and vegetarian choices. 5 to 7pm is Aperitivo time with wine tasting and a chance to sample complementary bites from the kitchen. Come at night to listen to soul music and jazz, an ideal soundtrack for friends catching up or for couples seeking intimate conversation amid a romantic setting. We offer a feast for all five senses, providing a little refuge from the noise and liveliness of Seminyak. Adorned with authentic details exuding old Bali charm, Zibiru revives the romance of the past with its whitewashed facade, hand-carved wooden interiors and handmade furnishings. We offer three different dining experiences: al fresco in the garden amidst lush tropical flora; under the stars of the rooftop lounge; or in the haven of its non-smoking interior. The menu showcases the best offerings from the field; market-fresh fish arrives daily, bread is homemade on site, and pasta is handcrafted from scratch. Organic heirloom vegetables are harvested from Zibiru's own environmentally friendly farm in the mountains of Bali. Zibiru offers a chance to taste the splendor of Italy's various regions all under one roof. Live jazz every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Owned by the Italian chef this quaint little restaurant is situated slightly off the beaten track, tucked away down a side road. But it is well worth tracking down as we had the best meal there during our week-and-a-half stay in Bali.

The gnocci was so light and fluffy, the pasta all hand made. The ice cream and creme and caramel were to die for.

I would even go as far to say that this is the best Italian meal I've ever had (I live in London so have been to many Italian restaurants before). Funny how one has to travel to Bali to find it!

We had the deep fried prawns and squid to start, which were so fresh and hot out of the fryer, it really helped built an appetite.

We started off on a table outside but asked to be moved when I could feel the numerous mozzies biting at my ankles. They were very attentive, positioned a mozzie repellent under our table as well as lent me some repellent spray.

The most expensive item on our bill was the bottle of wine we had - you have to pay for the import tax which can be pricey. Otherwise very good value for money, especially for food tasting that good.

I will now be on a mission to spread the word about this restaurant - please please please open a branch in London! :)

1  Thank P T
There are newer reviews for Zibiru

Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is definitely the restaurant for pasta lovers! The restaurant looked quiet from the outside, and initially we were quite doubtful about its popularity. Thankfully we decided to go in anyway, because it's one of the best meals I had in Seminyak! If you sit at the outdoors area, beware of mosquitoes though. Remember to be covered or wear a mosquito patch! The service was quite slow, but it was definitely worth the wait! The waiter was also very passionate about the restaurant and very detailed in his recommendations.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We had a great dinner here. Started with a tasteful Carpaccio, and after that we tried a couple of pasta's, which are simply great. The friendly staff was very helpfull; the kind of staff that fill your glass after just one wink. The live jazz and great ambiance completed the night.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Hmmmmmmmm food was great and they give us the desert for free, I think I will come again as I can ❤

1  Thank Aymen A
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This place is quite popular, suggest you book at least a day ahead if you wish to dine here. We loved the food - the atmosphere was cosy, sort of homely and the restaurant nicely decorated. Not that we were in a hurry but I have to say that I found the service a little slow and disorganised at times. Would rate it somewhere between average and very goos. Perhaps they were short staffed on the night we went - not sure but it wouldn't stop us from going again or recommending it to anyone. The chef came out a couple of times to see how we were and if our food was ok - nice touch!