“Unforgettable meal”

Ranked #60 of 573 Restaurants in Seminyak
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Vintage Café, Lounge & Restaurant in Seminyak, Bali. Unique décor by Moroccan-born interior decorator, Zohra Boukhari.
Reviewed 27 June 2014

What an amazing restaurant!

Positives:
1. The atmosphere and the design of the restaurant is beautiful. Definitely worth stopping by for a quick nibble just to see it.
2. Service was quick and efficient
3. I ordered a cosmopolitan and can safely say that it was the strongest (and therefore, the best) cocktail I've ever had in Bali. Goes to show they don't water down their liquor like many other restaurants do to save on money.
4. Entree was the calamari and the bread and dips. I have NEVER tasted calamari that was so soft and melt-in-you-mouth as I have at the Bistrot. I couldn't even believe what I was eating. The bread and dips was also delicious. I recommend them both.
5. Main course was also beautifully prepared and presented. I ordered the sticky pork ribs which came with a bowl of coleslaw. My mum ordered the red curry steak which came out as a slab of tender steak with a red curry sauce to dip it in. Both of us were very satisfied with our meals.
6. The only restaurant where we have been tempted to try dessert, we both ordered the vanilla bean creme brulee which was delicious and hit the spot.

Negatives:
1. You will NEED to make a reservation on most nights to guarantee a table.

Honestly, it was the most expensive dinner we've had with the total coming to around $90 AU, but considering that this covered two drinks, two entrees, two main courses and two desserts at the quality of the Bistrot, it's well worth the money. Would recommend to anyone willing to spend a little extra for a memorable night out.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,668)

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Being from Melbourne we are fussy about coffee so when we travel to Asia we don't expect it but this place was the best we had in Bali. Breakfast was tasty but similar prices to Australia. The decor is amazing and it has a nice upstairs section too. Staff were friendly and service was fast. One to visit if you want a "western" hit on your visit to Bali.

1  Thank Barbarella22
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Love love love that place. The place soo classic, comfortable, yellow light, romantic. The foods so niceee. Good taste food. Unique.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Beautiful cushioned chairs and lounges to sink not while dining on wonderful food. Staff very friendly.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was our first restaurant there, prices are very high considering the already high prices in Bali. They seemed to charge more than the other more reknown places like potato head. But the food was good, I had the tuna burger and citrus tart. But the decor and space is very nice and chill out. Would go back since it is only slightly higher than the other bigger restaurants.

1  Thank Emilia_L86