KoenoKoeni Villa
Montigo Resorts Seminyak(Seminyak)
Very Good 4/5
Pradha Villas(Seminyak)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewspotato headprivate poolseminyak squarefree airport pick up and dropbose speakersoutdoor toiletliving room and bedroomfree shuttle to seminyakbreakfast delivereddrop offsour entire stayshuttle servicelocation is greatbody worksin housepetitenget beachperfect honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I decided to book my vacation in Bali at Koeno Koeni based on all of the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. I stayed at the villa on May 18th for 3 nights with several friends and it was great place to stay. The staff were hospitable,helpful and treated us like royalty. The location was perfect, everything was within walking distance (beach and good restaurants). The villa itself was extraordinary and clean. The villa had its own private infinity pool, a comfortable king sized bed, safety deposit and wifi connection was also available. The lounge/kitchen area was perfect with a large fridge, microwave and large TV screen.The breakfast was delicious with lots of variety (Western, Asian and Indonesian option were offered). We had an amazing time at Koeno Koeni. We would definitely return and recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 2014jul
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I chose this villa complex because of previous reviews and I was not disappointed. I literally can't think of any way they could improve. Quick and easy check in, airport transfers included, free transport within Seminyak area (just need to get taxi back), villas spotless and luxurious, staff lovely, quiet area, great location (walking distance to great restaurants etc.). The hotel photos of the complex are true to life - heavenly!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank clairewilly
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow.

What more can I say. Villa KoenoKoeni is absolutely fabulous. I had the pleasure of a 7 night stay last week in villa 108 and everything was perfect.

The private pool and deck is by far the best feature and the waterfall at the end of the pool provides the perfect ambience for a relaxing holiday. The water was always crystal clear and the pool temperature was just right. Add to this an outdoor shower and additional bathroom if your around the pool area enjoying the facilities.

All the features at Koenokoeni are spot on. In the bedroom the bed is huge and very comfortable and the large plasma TV provides a great way to watch a movie at the end of a relaxing day. If you want to play some music the Bose sound system in the bedroom is also a pleasant surprise. There is also a small office space at the back of the bedroom if your that way inclined. And before I forget, the high traditional Bali ceiling is great. The bathroom is also beautifully laid out with a spacious bath, two basins, large toilet and two showers - one indoor and one outdoor.

The lounge/kitchen area is also perfectly appointed with a 3 seater and single lounge with huge footrest in front of a big LCD screen and Bose sound system. Great for playing some DVDs purchased at super cheap prices just near Seminyak Square, but don't worry, you can always borrow a movie from the reception movie library.

The kitchenette was basic but with a large fridge and microwave what else do you need when the food is so well priced. As a guide a cheeseburger and chips with a can of coke comes to around $6 USD delivered right to your villa door. The breakfast is just great with Pastries, bread, yoghurt, and fruit with options of several style eggs, bacon, sausages, juices, cereals and tea/coffee and of course the pancakes with syrup what more could you ask for - OK, they also have an Asian (Balinese) option as well.

The staff were superb! from the drivers through reception, kitchen staff, gardening and maintenance and of course housekeeping were all professional and very friendly.

The things I was concerned about were easily forgotten - I ate all my meals at Koenokoeni and didn't get sick (no Bali Belly for me) and the food quality was good. I saw more mosquitoes on my return to Sydney then in the villa - definitely not a problem at Koenokoeni.

This was my first visit to Bali, but wont be my last and I will definitely be staying at Villa Koenokoeni again. In fact I am already trying to plan return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gavoke
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Pros - My husband and I stayed in a 1 bedroom villa (104) for 8 nights in March, and loved it. From reading previous reviews, I expected the reception area to be a bit dowdy, but instead found it to be very attractively presented. The staff are lovely, so very pleasant and helpful. From the front door of our villa we were enthralled - we loved the architecture, the use of natural materials, and the modern "Balinese" feel. One of the reasons we chose Koenokoeni, was because it had an indoor bathroom, and also folding or sliding doors from the lounge or bedroom, which meant that in our case we could keep them closed, and keep out the mosquitoes! There were 2 outside showers if you so desired, one by the pool, and one outside the bathroom, but in my case I preferred to shower indoor knowing that the mozzies couldn't get me!
The bed and pillows were very comfortable, the bathroom huge and with 2 separate hand basins ideal for a couple, plenty of storage and wardrobe space, a safe, a study area, 2 flat screen TVs and DVDs, well equipped kitchen, Bose sound system, etc etc.
We would order breakfast the day before, and have it served in our villa. There was so much food that we very quickly cut back to 2 meals a day. Endless bottles of water free of charge, and snacks, soft drinks etc in the fridge no charge - I have never struck that before!
As other reviews have mentioned, it is in a great location, very quiet - no building work next door or roosters crowing at 5.00am! They offer a free shuttle to anywhere in Seminyak, which we used on many occasions to get to nearby restaurants and shopping. Then we would catch a Bluebird taxi home for next to nothing. (make sure you get the driver to put the meter on as soon as you get in the car).
We had room service at night after exhausting days of sight seeing or shopping, and found the Asian food to be very good, especially the chicken satays. Food and drinks were very cheap. We also walked to Potato Head, Ku De Ta, Babas, Seminyak Square, Laksamana Street (Eat St), Seminyak markets etc - all very close.
Our pool was divine, great size, and the waterfall at the end was a great touch. Very comfortable lounging chairs under an umbrella.
Cons- no blankets available for those of us that can't sleep under a doona, even with the air conditioning on - doonas are a bit crazy in the Bali climate! We solved the problem by turning off the air con at night, turning on the overhead fan, and just sleeping with a sheet on.
To get from our bedroom to the lounge, or vice versa, you had to walk outside and through the pool deck area, which was not a problem except that the staff would leave the doors open, and at night that would allow the mozzies in that we had been so careful to keep out!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank instyle11
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is undoubtedly one of the best villas in Bali. I was there with family from 24th to 27th March 2014. As there was 7 of us including my parents who are above 70 years old, we took the 3 bedroom villa, Villa 101. All rooms are huge with large King size beds which could actually fit 3 adults easily. The bathrooms in all rooms are huge and cosy too. The 3 bedroom villa is a double storey villa, with two rooms upstairs and the master bedroom is downstairs next to the pool.
The private pool was also great, my daughter, nephew and niece had a wonderful time in it. The living room, dining and kitchen are connected and it's perfect for the whole family to just relax, chat, lounging around, playing card games or etc while watching TV and eating.
We chose to have breakfast served at the villa, and it was quite good. We can choose between local breakfast like Fried Rice or American/Continental breakfast like scrambled eggs or etc.
We didn't have our lunches and dinners in-house as we were away for most of the time. But we bought our own groceries and cooked supper in the fully-equipped kitchen, the whole family had a wonderful time. The items in the fridge are all complementary, they had a few Toblerone chocolate bars, a few packets of nuts (which we brought back because it is delicious) and some sodas and juices, replenished everyday. The kids devoured everything in sight.
The staff are very attentive though sometimes they misunderstood our requests, but this is a very small language issue which I'm sure the management will rectify sooner or later.
A very satisfying stay indeed, and I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The 3 bedroom villas are superb value for money.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family