“Amazing stay”
Review of KoenoKoeni Villa

KoenoKoeni Villa
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed for 4D3N with more than 10pax in two of their 3BR villas. Extremely clean villas, great amenities. Was received with warm hospitality. Breakfast was pretty slow but understandable because we were such a large group and they had other patrons as well. Would like to highlight some great things about this villa.

1. We were hungry in the middle of the night and the lady at the front desk helped us to order McDonalds delivery because we couldn't converse well in melayu.

2. Recommended great day tours and packages to us! Though price abit steep, had a great time at both companies they've recommended.

3. Located very very near all the famous dining restaurants and conveniently located about 15mins walk away from a beach. Seminyak square is pretty close, about 8mins drive away with many shops to check out.

4. MOST IMPORTANTLY. On the last night of the holiday, I misplaced my camera and left it in the taxi that drove us back from a restaurant. The security guards actually take down the timings & car plate numbers of ALL cabs coming in and exiting the villa. The man at the front desk proceeded to make calls for almost half an hour to help me track down which company and driver, just to make sure I get my camera back safely. I don't think many hotels or villas would even bother to go to such extent, at most they would probably lodge a report. I am extremely grateful to the staff for their amazing service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Xiunicorn
There are newer reviews for KoenoKoeni Villa

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Just returned from a 4 nights stay at Villa Koenokoeni and I must say my partner and I had the best stay we ever had.
Location: Koenokoeni is situated in the happening Seminyak area with many nice restaurants/pubs in the vicinity. Yet, it is also located in 1 of the quiet alley which means you get your privacy in the villa as well!
Service: From the airport pickup to the twice daily housekeeping, the service was impeccable. The staff know you by the name and always greets you with a smile. They were always ready to help you with making reservations, giving advice for your trips and driving you to areas within seminyak area(which made travelling a lot easier)
Room: We stayed in a 1bedroom villa. The pool was big enough and clean. The king size bed was comfortable. And the décor was modern fused with a touch of Balinese style which we liked very much. The bathroom was huge with outdoor shower! The entire villa was well-kept and clean.
Food: We ordered their BBQ set which they cooked in our villa with a nice romantic set up. Breakfast was served in our villa, we preferred the Indonesian selections.
Overall, a fantastic stay, Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eUGeNe85
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with a few friends. Fantastic experience! The rooms were clean, well equipped and spacious. Breakfast was brought to our rooms every morning. The private pool comes with a water fountain making the whole package absolutely breathtaking! Plus they even stock up your refrigerator with snacks and drinks daily free of cost! :-)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank rahejakaran
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This Villa complex is very good really and I don't want to say anything negative but a few things need mentioning about daft design.
If you get into the pool really slowly you are okay but if you jump in or dive in the water spreads all over the decking and doesn't drain away. There is a gutter on one side of the pool but not the other. Also if it rains, water doesn't drain away and you are sploshing through pools. Okay if you are in bare feet but not good shoes. Also the bathroom doors lock from the bathroom side okay but not the room side and that's alright except that the back side of the bathroom wall is glass,, you can open the glass door from outside and come right on in. Anyone could climb over the wall, through the shower and into your room.! A little bit unsettling....
The air conditioners are also very noisy going on and off all night so you need ear plugs.
I don't eat eggs and the breakfast menu is a bit limited so I order grilled tomatoes and you only get two small halves which are always cold even though you ask for hot ones. Our food was always fairly cold as well, just not hot.
Small things I guess but also the place is already starting to show the inevitable wear and tear that so many places get, paint peeling off, deck needing oiling because it has already started lifting in places and warping a bit. There is also no connecting door from the living area to the bedroom so you need to go out one set of doors and in through another, it's fine if you aren't like me and keep forgetting something in the bedroom or bathroom. There are 3 showers....don't know why, one in the bathroom, one outside by the pool and one in an extra toilet room outside.?
The gripes over with, the good points are that the beds are really comfortable, huge rooms and huge bathroom so you feel spoilt. The staff are lovely and clean your room beautifully and do a turn down service which is nice to come home to and the Villas are close to the beach, La Lucciola and Biku etc and shops around the corner. Very handy position.
The gripes can be overlooked but I guess for the same price there are probably some other options.
Oh, sorry, one more gripe is that the pool made really loud sucking noises in the morning, at 6 am the first morning until we asked it to be changed til later but still made loud noises.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are fairly similar so it doesn't matter which
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RubyAustralia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed just recently and was delighted with the amazing villa, Staff and friendliness of everyone. Highly recommend for anyone wanting to relax and enjoy the sights of bali. Enjoyed so much I even extended my stay. I will be back.

Thank you KoenoKoeni for an amazing trip

Shane, Melbourne

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed there for 3 nights, the 2 bedrooms villa. Very friendly and helpful staff, the villa was really great, nice pool and large rooms.
The only disappointment was the food, usually cold and not really good compared to what you can find in Seminyak. Will definitely recommend this villa but would have all meals including breakfast outside.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bertrand A
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I chanced upon KoenoKoeni Villa through a package offered by Malaysia Airlines Golden Holidays. After visiting the villa's official website and reading TripAdvisor reviews, I decided to book a four-night stay.

My husband, my six-year-old son, and I truly recommend the place for the following reasons:

i. Location

+ A variety of eateries and shops around Seminyak.
+ Beautiful beaches, too.
+ All within walking distance from the villa.

ii. Hospitality

+ Amiable staff. Always friendly, always with a smile, always polite.
+ Impeccable service, particularly the one provided by the housekeeping.

iii. Comfort

+ Spacious one-bedroom villa, consisting of one bedroom with entertainment system; one ensuite; one living area with entertainment system, as well as dining area with mini kitchen; one guest bathroom; one lap pool with lounging deck; and two outdoor showers.
+ Complimentary mini bar, restocked every day.
+ Breakfast within the villa.
+ Cosy place, all in all.

Our only wish:

i. Better kitchen utensils. No ladle and bowl in sight :)

Love, love, love KoenoKoeni Villa. Thank you for the pleasant stay. Hope to be there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family