“Everything works”

Ize Seminyak
Ranked #51 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 9 February 2014

EVERYTHING WORKS
That's normally pretty hard to find in bali
Very central
Breakfast room had a nice feel about it
Erma and franke
We're very friendly
To make sure our trip was good
Bathrooms very clean and comfy beds
LOVE THEIR UNIFORMS
relax. Feel
And great lattes
Agree the hair dryer bit weak
Would be a great place fir a group of friends to stay at

Room Tip: Next time I would pick a high floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank kfbsb02
Write a ReviewReviews (1,016)

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We moved to IZE Seminyak after two nights at Nusa Dua, different scale from Nusa Dua accommodation but clean and nice to spend another 2 days in Bali. We booked a deluxe room with jacuzzi and check-in is fast. We stayed on level 6 next to the stairs leading to the swimming pool, which is very convenient to access the pool. Hubby love the pool and we swim once everyday. Room come with free mini-bar (soft drinks) which is nice and Jacuzzi is good after a day of sight seeing/shopping at Kuta. Although they provide free WiFi, but there is some problem during our stay, no signals in the room and we can only use the PCs at the lobby. Check-out was however slow; there is only 1 staff manning the counter during the check-out time at noon, so we have to wait for our turn. All in all, it was a nice place and value for money stay.

1  Thank Hallo6
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in a Jacuzzi room for our honeymoon - this hotel is wonderfully located, it was so central in Seminyak and was walking distance to many restaurants and bars. The hotel was affordable, the rooms were clean and modern with comfortable beds, the staff was very friendly - we were so happy with our stay here. I also really enjoyed being in the rooftop pool at sunset - it was a great experience. The only thing I felt was missing was closet space with drawers. We didn't really get to unpack our bags as there wasn't closet space to do so. But over all we were so happy and definitely will be coming back on our next trip to Bali!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We stayed at IZE hotel deluxe room with jacuzzi for 4 nights. The check in was fast, room comes with free wifi and complementary soft drinks as well as bottled water that gets top up each day. The bathroom amenities were fantastic and ultra spacious with a big tub. However, the hair dryer provided was too weak took ages to dry my hair. Hotel is located on the main road surrounded by many eating options but requires long walk to the beach.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Very impressed with this hotel from the minute we walked in. The photos which attracted us in the first place on trip advisor are exactly what you get, clean and modern. Everyone is very friendly and the rooms are kept immaculate. Best bathroom I have ever had in a hotel. Good size tv with too many channels you won't know what to choose. Free wifi. The rooftop pool is nice overlooking the local area and kept a a good temperature. The buffet breakfast included is OK not a huuuuuge selection but what's there isn't terrible and the coffee they make to order is surprisingly very good. I wouldn't think twice about trying to find anywhere else for my next stay in seminyak. It's close to everything with a heap of nice bars and restaurants within a few steps of the front of hotel.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights at IZE and I'm very pleased. It's nothing flash, but it is extremely clean and the staff very friendly. As others have said, the street noise can be bothersome to some people but I haven't found it a problem. Because, what do you expect if you book at a hotel that's on a main road? The rooms are alway very well kept and the cleaning staff are super fast and efficient! The bathroom is also very spacious. We brought a hard drive full of tv shows and movies with us but I didn't use it once. The massive range of tv channels on offer was enough to keep me occupied of an evening. The roof top pool is lovely. We always took out own drinks up with us (I don't know if this is actually allowed, but we were never told off) the bar does offer some really good tasting cocktails too. I loved the gym. All the equipment was clean and in excellent working order. (Seemed brand new) There's not much choice but give me just a treadmill and I'm happy. Breakfast is really nice. It's the usual buffet breakfast with western and asian choices. It's always tasted fresh and the hot foods are kept at a hot temperature. You can also order whatever coffee you want.
The only bad thing I really have to say about IZE is that our friends in the room right next door have bad wifi and ours is totally fine! AND that on my first night I knocked a cup off the bathroom bench by accident and now I have to pay $25 for it :(
But if that's all I have to complain about, I'm pretty lucky.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We booked 5 nights in a Deluxe Pool Room. First impressions were good, although the room wasn't great size wise. The idea of walking out into the pool is great in theory, but we didn't use the pool and I didn't see one of the other rooms use it either. The pool gets no sun, and people walking in the reception area have a clear view of the pool too - so not very private, so kind of defeats the purpose really!! The room was nice and modern and the bed and pillows were first class.

Disappointingly we were told we would have to move rooms after 3 nights as they had double booked the pool rooms - although this was an inconvenience to have to pack and move mid trip, it was actually a blessing as we were upgraded to a Club Suite, of which there are only 2, on the 7th floor.

Probably wouldn't have stayed at the Ize again after staying in the Pool Room, but would definitely go back and stay in the Club Suite.
The room was a really good size, with a large balcony overlooking the street. Although the view wasn't magnificent it was nice to sit out and relax and enjoy the hustle and bustle going on below.

The decor was lovely and the bathroom was amazing too - with a jacuzzi that fitted two people in, albeit a little bit of a tight squeeze. Was still quite noisy even though you were up on the top floor - so if you are looking for somewhere super quiet, this isn't the ideal place!! I don't mind a bit of atmosphere, so this didn't bother me at all.

Price wise, I think it is a little bit steep - we paid approx $200 AUD a night for the Pool Room, and realistically you could get a Private Villa for this price which would be much bigger and better. Our upgrade to the Club Suite was free, but I think these rooms go for $250+ AUD a night - which again is probably a little over the top. The Club Suite would definitely be worth paying $180 - $200 a night though - was the size of a villa, but without the private pool, which didn't bother me too much.

All in all, the hotel was nice and the service was good, and I'd definitely head back to stay in the Club Suite again. Location is right on Eat St, across from all the nice restaurants - which is perfect!

We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel as we like to try new places that have popped up, but it looked pleasant enough as we walked through each morning.

If you can get a good deal, it is definitely worth staying here and giving it a go!

Room Tip: Definitely go the Club Suite.
2  Thank NickJones2014