“Luxury at a reasonable price”
Review of Ize Seminyak

Ize Seminyak
Ranked #49 of 144 Hotels in Seminyak
Rockhampton, Australia
“Luxury at a reasonable price”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Situated exactly where you need to be, right on 'eat street' Seminyak. only 10 minutes walk from the beach via 'Ku De ta' or 20 minutes walk if you wish to visit Potato Head (and don't get me started on how good does venues are). These are estimated times only to your closest breach front sun-seeking destination and do not account for the time you will definitely spend shopping in all stalls, the market square and dining in multitudes of restaurants, offering beautifully, fresh and delicious meals. 10 minutes south (turning left/down Jalan 'Sunset Road' will take you to a semi-industrial area with amazing timber, stone and glass work. We booked 2 weeks prior to arrival and found the price more than reasonable. The Wi-Fi wasn't the best on the 5th floor where we were located in the rear of the hotel, but I must say Wi-Fi on roof by the pool was excellent and staff was more than willing to facilitate my needs when accessing that area in the middle of the night. A/C was great! Pool area only received sun for an hour in the late afternoon, however, it did bring you back to luxury after a hard day of indulgence of sun and fine dinning. Overall, the location is safe, Ize staff hospitality was great, cleanliness was beyond reproach..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Pat B
Rocio E, Manager at Ize Seminyak, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Pat B,

Thank you very much for your time to review us on Trip Advisor and many thanks for full marks!

We are thrilled to know you had such a good stay with us. Being your home away from home, it is important to us that your stay is as comfortable as can be, so I am most delighted to know that our team had provided you with an exceptional service. Thank you also for your compliments to our cleanliness, AC system and rooftop pool…

Our location is indeed exclusive, surrounded by great restaurants and lots of fantastic boutiques. I totally agree with you that the 10 minute walk from our hotel to the beach it usually turns to be over an hour as there is one nice shop after another.

Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as this one.

ROCIO

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Good location, no blemish on the room and room amenities. Booking was made 3 months in advance, only to be told that the room was not ready due to major maintenance on the AC system two days before checking-in. Made a phone call the following day and yes, the room was ready. Unfortunately, the in-room internet connection was not working at all. Called the reception desk three times and was promised that somebody would come to the room to fix the problem. Nobody showed up though. Breakfast was just standard. Could choose from the menu, but the portion was a bit small. Overall, it's not worth the price.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Rocio E, Manager at Ize Seminyak, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear sharp294229,

Thank you for your time to review us on Trip Advisor.

While I am happy you enjoyed our rooms and location, I am very sorry to hear your overall experience was not in line with what our usual guest experience at IZE Seminyak!

In regards of the wifi, we were having some issues with the signal in some of our rooms and I believe this happened during your stay. We have already identified the problem and we took the necessary action to ensure our wifi signal is stable throughout the resort and in every single room. We know how important internet is nowadays so rests assure we are working on it as a top priority. I must apologize for the way our team handled your complaint and I have personally addressed this case to our Front Office team.

In terms of your comment about the pre arrival experience, I have not found such a record so I would really appreciate if you can send me an email directly at rocio.estevez@ize-seminyak.com with your name so I can personally look into this. It’s a bit of a challenge for us to identify guests through the Trip Advisor names.

Once again, I apologize for these inconveniences during your stay and we would be very happy if you can grant us another opportunity in order to have the truly IZE experience. Everything we do is aimed at providing our guests with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable for us.

singapore
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Property is situated right in the middle of Jln Kayu Aya, the ideal location if you want to access shops, amenities and restaurants. Very modern exterior and interior design, which was a nice change from the typical tropical/ballinese designs you see all over the island. Rooms were bright and had good AC, white sheets and towels, flat screen TV, drinking water, ample toiletries (including toothbrush set and comb). Front desk, housekeeping and restaurant staff were all eager and helpful. I only had a deluxe room and managed to put in an extra bed. The bad thing is like the Danidive reviewer, they also took 500K rupiah deposit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Rocio E, Manager at Ize Seminyak, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear BeanieHead,

Thank you for your kind review in regards of your stay with us!

We are very happy to read that you had enjoyed the hotel's service and facilities. Our rooms are indeed very unique and stylish with a Scandinavian touch and very modern interiors that creates the ideal urban tropical retreat in the heart of the busy and fashionable suburb of Seminyak.

In regards of the Rp 500,000 deposit, it is our hotel policy and it is requested to every guest checking in with us. This amount is refunded on the date of check out.

Thank you very much for staying with us and we would definitely love to have you back at IZE Seminyak!

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed 6 nights and found the Ize difficult to judge. Nice staff, new modern rooms, but some real shortcomings.

The good.

Perfect location for the nightlife and restaurants.
New modern hotel.
Brilliant friendly staff.
Some great add ons.
Nice buffet/cooked breakfasts. Self serve cereals, toast, danishes, juices. Eggs done anyway you like with all the extras, cooked for you. Real coffee on offer, but you have to ask for it. Not advertised. Certainly not big serves.
Transport to and from the airport if staying over 5 days.

The bad.

Horrible housekeeping. Sheets changed once in 6 nights. No face washers on occasions, same towels for days.
Hair dryer that nearly electrocuted my wife.
Faulty Towers type response to the subsequent power outage. We asked for a new hairdryer and the power to be restored and we had 4 different people come to the room with an iron and ironing board.That was after talking to two people at Reception.
Our door left open after the turndown service. No idea for how long before we returned to the hotel.
So much noise from the outside.
No atmosphere around the pool at all. Dull.
No pool towels on several mornings and when you could get one it was generally badly stained.

I would have to say overall I would not return and not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Never, ever accept one of the street fronted rooms.
2 Thank GaryJ5125
Rocio E, Manager at Ize Seminyak, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear GaryJ5125,

Thank you for your time to share your pros and cons during your recent experience with us!

We thank you for your compliments and I am sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations in few aspects that I will like to clarify below.

With the idea to become more environmental friendly, hotel nowadays don’t change the bed sheet every day. In our case we have the standard to change the sheets every three days, however for those guests who require their sheets to be changed on a daily basis there is a linen card on the bed side table (with the explanation) that needs to be place on the bed if you want your sheets to be changed and our room attendant will happily follow. In regards of the towels is about the same; there is an environmental card hanging on the bathroom door stating that hotel will change the towels when these are disposed on the floor. We are sorry that our intention to be friendlier with the environment gave you the wrong impression about our housekeeping services.

About the hair dryer nearly electrocuting your wife and our followed up on the situation I have to sincerely apologize to both of you. I have given the instructions to our Chief Engineering to check all electric outlets in the rooms in order to avoid this happening again in the future. I must admit it has been the first time we have a case like this in the year and a half we have been operating our resort.

I have well noted about the pool towels and the door left open after the turn down service and I have personally followed up with the department concern.

Once again, on behalf on the entire team I apologize for these elements of your stay. I can assure you that your overall experience does not match with the experience our guests have with us, so I would be very happy if you can grant us another opportunity.

Thank you for your feedback.

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

The good:
- location
- location
- location
- spacious and clean room

The bad:
- the noise
- the humidity in the room
- breakfast
- check out procedure

We are a family with a small kid and this is a very noisy hotel. Because of that I wouldn't recommend.
Apart of this they took 1.5 million deposit during and they apparently lost the slip. During the check out they promised that we will find the money back in the next statement (I hope).
At the same time they did another transaction with a 1 rupiah amount to do I don't know what...
Not a good felling about it. For sure it can be improved.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Danidive,

Greetings from IZE Seminyak!

Unfortunately I cannot identify you from your Trip Advisor name and I would very much like to investigate your case as this is unlike our check out procedure. Please feel free to email me direct on rocio.estevez@ize-seminyak.com and I will liaise with you directly.

Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I'd definitely recommend Ize Hotel. Great staff, great brekky buffet and right in the heart of some great Seminyak Restaurants and shopping. The gym is well equipped and really well maintained. I wasn't crazy about the live music until 1am most nights, especially with SoHo restaurant competing across the road. We had a pool room and it was like they were playing outside our room!

The rooftop pool was great with awesome views of Seminyak and Petitenget.

Not the place to stay if you're after peace and quiet - get a villa for that. But if you want somewhere central to the attractions of Seminyak/Petitenget, you can't beat Ize Hotel

Room Tip: Only choose a pool room if you can handle the noise of live music 5 nights a week. Not ideal if you...
Dear SuaveTheCat,

Thank for your time to share your experience at IZE Seminyak! We really appreciate your trust in recommending us and your tips to other fellow travelers.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your holidays with us and we thank your compliments to our team and property. Our rooftop pool is indeed our guest favorite spot as it is a great venue to enjoy the breeze and the amazing views, as you well mentioned.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Affordable boutique hotel in a great location in Seminyak. Nice and close to restaurants and close enough to the beach and Pettitenget.
Loved the beds (super comfy) and double shower. The rooftop pool was quiet and great for lounging around. Wifi in rooms didnt work - hopefully this gets fixed soon!

Room Tip: Choose a room away from Laksmana Street, towards back of the property.
3 Thank Antonella212014
Dear Antonella212014,

Greetings from sunny Bali and many thanks for your time to review us on Trip Advisor!

It is wonderful to hear that you liked very much our property and I am very sorry to hear about the wifi not working in your room. Rest assured that I am looking into this and taking the necessary action to upgrade our internet in every room.

Thank you for the feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming you back sometime.