“Average hotel. Poor location”
Review of Ize Seminyak

Ize Seminyak
Ranked #51 of 147 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights having visited seminyak for the first time. The hotels website is in my opinion well off on key information such as location and proximity to things.

Location - right in the middle of one of the main roads in seminyak. Next to some excellent restaurants and a few bars. It's on the Main Street (not set back like some reviews say). The bars are loud well into the night and there was a lot of building work going on around which started at 8am. It's about 15/20 mins walk from a poor stretch of beach (ok for bathing - lots of dogs) or a 10 mins taxi to a better bit of beach where more hotels are so a few more options for food. This is also where the beach bars are. We didn't really like the fact that if we wanted to visited a good beach or wanted to have a beer on the beach a taxi was our only options.

Hotel - the staff are superb. Probably the friendliest and most welcoming I've ever come across. The hotel itself is new and has some interesting features internally like the top floor bar area but is a disgusting design and is essentially a large grey block which stands out badly. Rooms were basic with no wardrobe. The water from the toilet stunk and we were located on the front so about 20 meters from a really loud bar making it impossible to sleep. The room was barely cleaned each day to the point that it was difficult to tell. Good points were that there was a free mini bar (soft drinks only) and the room was well equipped.

Breakfast was included and was excellent. Freshly cooked to order with other pastries to the side - couldn't fault it.

Overall I wouldn't return to this hotel and having looked in others if suggest there are better around. Talking to other guests it seems that as I booked via a uk website I paid a lot more than a couple I spoke to from Australia did per night (almost double). This certainly didn't help my mood as I wasn't really sold on the hotel and this made it worse. If I was paying a lot less then the hotel may have seemed better. The cheap price also attracted a lot of young Australians who seemed to enjoy the nightlife. No problem with that but as we were near the lift we heard every noise and also they turned up for breakfast smelling and looking pretty rough. Bit of a clash of cultures as they were there to get hammed and didn't pay much yet I'd paid a lot and was staying in the same place. A bad choice on my side but I think some of the other TA reviews didn't help as many were well off the mark with location and how close to bars etc.

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Jamsimsafc
Rocio E, Manager at Ize Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Jamsimsafc,

Thank you very much for your time to share your experience in detail with the Trip Advisor community!

While I really appreciate your compliments to our service and team, I am sorry that overall your experience was not up to your expectations.

We understand that not everyone like our modern design, that’s not a problem and it’s nice to hear the different view from our valued guests. In regards of the noise, as we are in the heart of Seminyak a bit of noise is expected which usually is not a problem for the majority of our guests but it can be an inconvenience for light sleepers. I must admit that I am quite surprise about your comment in regards of our cleanliness in the rooms as this is one aspect we always get compliments about. Nevertheless, I have personally shared this with our Executive Housekeeper and we will follow the necessary training with the team to ensure our cleanliness is always up to standards.

We are just about 10minutes walking distance to the most famous and world known beach clubs in Bali which are Kudeta and Potato Head... I am sorry that was not what you expected. Actually if you are looking for serenity and white sand beaches then the best spot would be Nusa Dua, south of Bali and approximately 45min from Seminyak. We have a very nice boutique hotel in that area named The Bale.

I would like to take this opportunity also to clarify your comment about the rates as we actually work with rate parity so we offer the same rates throughout the net. The only difference would be the time of the booking (if you booked last minute or early bird) or other deals (if you booked flexible rate or non-refundable for example), this can create a slight difference in our rates but if you booked from UK, Russia or New Zealand it doesn’t make any difference on the rate as you stated on your review.

IZE Seminyak is a chic, modern hotel attracting a sophisticated crowd looking to embrace the action in the fashionable suburb of Seminyak so we have the opportunity to accommodate people from all around the world and from all ages.

On behalf of the entire team I would like to apologize for these elements of your stay and hope the team made the reminder of your holidays a pleasant one.

There are newer reviews for Ize Seminyak

Reviewed 3 July 2014

For seminyak non beach front , it's great value. New design hotel, reasonably spacious rooms , nice roof top pool. Don't expect great views, and the quality of the breakfast could be improved. When checking in. They did not tell us about the complimentary mini bar. Cafe staff very good compared with front desk. A few new hotels in its class on the same strip, so competition begets good value

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear christopherong,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you for your compliments towards our rooms and pool as well as for your inputs in regards of our breakfast and service. I will personally look into it with the department concern.

Let us know if your travels bring you back to Bali as we will love to be able to accommodate you again with us!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

First visit to the IZE Hotel, June 21 to 27, Excellent new hotel in the heart of Seminyak restaurant area. The rooms are ultra modern, beautifully furnished, comfortable beds, excellent shower, superb water pressure, which is an exception for Bali!. The staff were very young and wonderfully efficient, nothing is too much trouble. Upstairs bar was brilliant. Restaurant is probably very basic, breakfast is good with a nice choice, egg dishes are cooked to order, and are fine, but not exceptional. I found the draw space, in the deluxe room was very limited, for two persons sharing, could be a problem, also no wardrobe as such, just a rail, therefore hanging clothes are always in full view. I believe the pool areas could be a let down, to avid pool people, main pool is on the roof and is raised, therefore had to be climbed into, (no handrail) Lower pool was in basement and appeared to be accessed from certain rooms only. Not being a pool person this did not upset me, as the location of the hotel is everything. Would definitely stayed at the IZE again. Have recommended to many friends. I have stayed in many hotels in Bali during my 20 visits, the IZE is one of the best.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank noremac

Dear noremac,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and for the full marks!

It is a great honor for us to know that after 20 years traveling to Bali and staying in many different establishments, you consider IZE Seminyak to be one of the best. We are indeed one of a kind in terms of architecture and interior design as there is no other hotel offering such a modern concept, but what make us so unique is our people and I feel so proud to be part of such an enthusiastic young team.

In regards of the wardrobe we decided to go for an open concept with built-in storage space and cabinets allowing easy storage of clothes and other personal belongings.

Once again, thank you very much for taking your time to share your recent experience with us!

The entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights in June. We had a deluxe pool room (with extra bed) - the extra bed was awkwardly placed with no place to move around in the room. Had to jump over the bed or sofa to reach the doors.
Our room opened to the private pool. This made for a great picture and ambience but the pool was unusable as the water was always really cold.
Service at this hotel is EXCELLENT! The staff is friendly and very very helpful - they helped us plan our days in Bali and always responded very promptly to any requests.
Breakfast was decent and open till late which was very welcome to 3 lazy girls :)
The hotel is located in an excellent area with lots of eating places and massage parlours around. We walked it to ku de ta! The busy street and nearby construction sites do get noisy during the day but overall I would definitely recommend this hotel - for the location and great staff!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear pudding37,

Thank you for your time to share your recent experience on Trip Advisor and thank you for recommending us to other travellers after your personal experience at IZE Seminyak!

We are pleased to hear that you and your friends have enjoyed your stay with us and we thank your compliments to our amazing team! I couldn't agree more with you, we have an outstanding team always looking after our valued guests and their needs.

Thank you very much for your lovely review and we hope to accommodate you again in the near future!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights during our honeymoon. The rooms are ok, yet the ventilation seems not to work properly so the rooms are very damp and nothing dries (beachwear, towels etc.)
It is conveniently located on Jalan Oberoi with tons of restaurants and shopping around.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Rocio E, Manager at Ize Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Uwe S,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor, giving us the opportunity to escalate your concerns.

I am sorry to read that your experience with us was 3 out of 5, especially in such a special trip as it is the honeymoon. I have well noted about your comment of the ventilation in our rooms and I will look into it immediately as I can assure you this is not the standard level of comfort we offer to our guests.

Once again, our apologies for this element of your stay and hope we made the remainder of your honeymoon a pleasant one.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for five nights after staying near Nusa Dua for the first five nights of our 10 night vacation. It was nice to see two different areas of Denpasar. We hired a driver through the concierge at our previous hotel to transport my wife and I and our 3 large bags to Hotel Ize. What a treat this was. We used his services three more times and he was great. His contact information; Ketut Seriyasa 082 147 567 942. His email is ketutseriyasa@yahoo.co.id. Driving in Bali is a little crazy for westerners especially to the newly initiated. We highly recommend mr. Seriyasa. This hotel is advertised as a 4 star property and under normal conditions it probably is but we were there during World Cup so it was incredibly loud all night long as our room was right above the street. The breakfast was great every day and the internet was acceptable. The staff was excellent and the pool on the 7th floor was very nice and quiet. You can't quite make out the sunset as there is another hotel obstructing the view. This hotel has a great location but there our many bars close to it which makes sleeping very difficult if you have one of the streetside rooms.

Room Tip: Room 502 is very noisy even without soccer hooligans. Bar and street traffic is very noisy and it s...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bryceandbrandi

Dear Bryceandbrandi,

Thank you for your time to review us on Trip Advisor!

While we are happy to receive your compliments in regards of our service and facilities, I am very sorry that the noise from the bar opposite of the hotel disturbed your sleep and turned your experience with us to be just average. Fortunately there are only two more matches to go and this 2014 World Cup will be over. Due to the time difference with Brazil they played at a very inconvenience time here in Bali.

Once again, my sincerely apology on behalf of the entire team and we do hope you can grant us another opportunity and enjoy the truly IZE Seminyak!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I've recently returned from my stay at IZE with my partner and a group of friends and have to say that everything at this hotel was exceptional. From the little touches such the complimentary mini bar which is restocked daily, to the amazingly comfortable beds and soft sheets, to the bathroom amenities, and the generous sizing of the super new rooms, we were more than happy with our choice to stay here.
The free breakfast daily was quite nice for a free breakfast, however they included complimentary espresso coffees/lattes too which was definitely a win for me. The restaurant & the rooftop bar pumped out great food and even better mojitos!
We requested a room on a higher level floor going off the feedback from other TripAdvisor comments, however my friends who stayed in the pool rooms had a fantastic room too (no noise) - great to chill there and jump in for a swim.
On top of all that, it's a perfect location to walk to all of the restaurants and the staff were beyond friendly and helpful. And the airport transfers were a fantastic bonus. Definitely recommend :)

Room Tip: Request a higher level, away from the cleaners area, or a pool room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Rocio E, Manager at Ize Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear SaraMxo,

WOW! That is a very nice review! Thank you very much for sharing your experience with millions of travelers!

It is always heartwarming to know that you enjoyed so much your stay with us and we thank you for your compliments towards our extraordinary team and unique property. Our staff is indeed our greatest asset and I am very proud to be working with such an outstanding team.

Our deluxe pool rooms are our most sale able units as they have direct access to a pool that can only be used by guest staying in this room category. I am very happy that you and your friends enjoyed this exclusive feature.

Thank you very much for choosing IZE Seminyak as your home away from home and we look forward to accommodate all of you again in the near future!