“Great staff and clean rooms!”

Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak
Ranked #52 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed here in both January 2014 and April 2014. We had a wedding function here (Bollywood night) for approx 90 guests at the roof top bar. They decorated and catered so well for this night and i was overwhelmed with the great effort they put into making this night perfect!. They have great friendly service and food. Rooms are very clean and spacious (Stayed in both Deluxe room and Suite also). The pool area and bar were also great to relax around, spacious and clean. The spa was easy to get into and was well priced. I couldn't be any happier with service and cleanliness these staff have to be the best staff i have ever met they were so happy and did everything they could to make sure you are comfortable, i was sad to go BUT will be back again for sure!!!! I highly recommend you stay at this place when visiting Bali!

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower levels are easier to access the pool, However there's plenty lifts so it does...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CLeeSingh
VasantiSeminyak R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear CleeSingh,

Warmest Greetings from Vasanti Seminyak Resort.

It is a great pleasure to have you stayed with us, also to know that you are pleased with our resort and the great service.

Our main mission is to ensure our guests are endlessly indulged during their stay, just like your experience.

Again thank you for choosing us and also for your generous review. We look forward to serve you again when you travel to Bali.

Best regards,

Goya A. Mahmud

Write a ReviewReviews (1,316)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

the entrance/foyer and pool area were fabulous, however the rooms slightly missed the mark. you could tell they were roughly finished and the interior decoration look a bit cheap. we asked for the quiet room, however this came with a balcony looking at a wall and made me feel claustrophobic. I had a difficult time sleeping there.

Room Tip: Get one over looking the pool, but not near the rooftop bar. Don't ask for the quiet room as its...
1  Thank 73Christine2013
VasantiSeminyak R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear 73Christine2013,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the resort and I am thrilled you generally enjoyed your stay with us. Feedback is extremely important to us, and thank you for bringing to my attention your concerns about about the room’s mark. We will have further discussion with the respective department.

We look forward to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is by far my favourite hotel in Bali. Located off a small road off the main strip of Seminyak, this little hidden gem is a new hotel that oozes of luxury and exclusiveness. The rooms are large and very comfortable. The pool is a bit small compared to the other luxury hotels, but for the price of what you pay for this hotel it makes up for it. The staff are extremely friendly, and the breakfast is also good. Never had any issue during my stay here. Only negative at the hotel is the walk to the main Seminyak road, but the shuttle bus the hotel provides makes up for this.

The sunset lounge on the roof is a must see, as you are able to see the sunset fall behind the horizon on a day / night with clear sky.

Highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a small luxurious hotel as an alternative to the larger more expensive resorts.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank sv3nsk1

Dear sv3nsk1,

Thank you for your time to share your experience after stay in our resort.

I am very pleased to learn that our hotel was able to meet your personal expectations especially since we dedicate ourselves in striving for absolute perfection in order to make our guests stay as memorable as possible.

I personally think that you really captured all of the best elements of our resort including the room, breakfast, staff and our fabulous rooftop bar. Yes that’s totally true, our buggy service will always ready to drop you along onto the main road without being worry to walk the alley. I am very grateful for your review shared here on Tripadvisor.

Your compliment toward our resort is highly appreciated and we hope to see you return soon. Sampai jumpa!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

My first time in Bali and had a wonderful stay at Vasanti - the staff were excellent and very accommodating. I went as part of a large wedding party and was blown away by how helpful they were. The rooms are nice and very big and bathrooms are a decent size too. Would highly recommend and will absolutely go back.

1  Thank AnjSharna

Dear AnjSharna,

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience at Vasanti Seminyak Resort. I am glad your stay was pleasant and that you found your room with nice impression.

We are so proud having valued as “excellent” and your recommendation toward our resort is really appreciated.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back!

Warm regards form all of us here in Vasanti

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Our first time in Bali, we were delighted with our 7 night stay at Vasanti. Lovely lovely staff, very welcoming and friendly. Room was spotless and tried room service etc and everything was fine. Cocktails by the pool were lovely and my only complaint is about the other guests! There is limited sunloungers at Vasanti so a few days we were on towels on the lawn which is no problem as it was busy, but there are guests who literally disappear for hours (back to their rooms?) and leave their sunloungers 'claimed'. I know this is a resort problem, but seriously people, learn to share!!

Minimart within walking distance at the end of the street, there is an ATM in there also. Get your minibar drinks and snacks from there. Reception called taxi's for us several times (remember a minimum 30 r spend when the cab is phone booked or on a rank). Reception recommended Made Warung for dinner one night, just a relaxed restaurant, the food was average but had more international options. Vasanti is a taxi ride into downtown Seminyak but I thought this was a real selling point. It was quiet and down a little lane. We liked to come away from the traffic and noise to the hotel.

Breakfast was great, and bustling. Enjoyed speaking to the staff who wanted to practice their english.

We would recommend the sunset lounge at the hotel. It was empty when we went up but chilled music and great sunset. Our cocktails were strong too! A few people arrived a bit later and we all chatted, and it was a good relaxed vibe. We also had one of the dinners at the hotel, and it was lovely. I wished we had partaken in Balinese night too though as when we returned to the hotel that night the lawn was spread with tables and people and live music. It looked good!

We are normally more relaxed/low budget travellers, so this was a decadent holiday and we enjoyed it thoroughly. I would stay at the Vasanti again in a heartbeat, the people make it.

Room Tip: we had a deluxe room overlooking the pool - I would recommend facing the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank auralay99
VasantiSeminyak R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear auralay99,

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience of your recent stay at Vasanti Seminyak Resort

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. And you are right, our resort selling point is located away from hustle bustle of Seminyak. I am also glad that you enjoyed breakfast and found our staffs were very attentive.

On the other hand, your comment with regards to the sun loungers is quite concerning. Rest assured that I will follow up with my team to ensure that appropriate action will be taken.

I do hope you will stay at Vasanti Seminyak Resort again on your next trip to Bali.

Auralay99, thank you again and I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

An excellent hotel with very friendly, efficient helpful staff. My husband was unwell and the receptionist arranged for me to have a lift in the hotel buggy to the local pharmacy. The pool area is relaxing and well managed although it would have been nice for their to have been tables and chairs around the pool bar to have a drink or snack. The food was very good and breakfast had everything that you could wish for. Sunset bar on the roof was an excellent place to relax and watch the sunset over the sea.

I prefer to walk out of a hotel to find somewhere to eat and, although there were some restaurants in walking distance the walk was along a very narrow path on a busy road. However taxis are easily called from reception and are very cheap.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms have a good view towards the sea but I thought that they were very noisy (they get t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear crowthornetraveller,

First of all I would like to express my personal gratitude to you for taking the time to write this review.

It is a pure pleasure to know that you had wonderful experience during your stay. Thank you for your great description as it most definitely provides a great outlook for future guests as to what they may expect when booking a stay at our Resort.

I hope I will be able to welcome you again in Vasanti Seminyak Resort

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My second time in Bali, first time in Seminyak, previously stayed in Sanur and Ubud (which I have reviewed aswel)

I just arrived back from staying at Vasanti, I stayed with a large wedding party for 6nights. The staff are lovely and the rooms are beautiful and clean as is the hotel as a whole, but it just isn't quite up to scratch. From the first day I started to notice a few things.

A couple in our group booked a room with a double bed but arrived to find they had 2 single beds, when they asked to change apparently there wasn't any rooms with double beds available - the couple weren't too fussed but they probably would have appreciated being warned this when booking.

The first night a group of maybe 15 people had dinner in their main dining area at 8pm, not long after being seated ordered and waited over an hour for the first meal to arrive cold. The food came to the table in drips and drabs, which was surprising as there was barley anyone else having dinner, so it couldn't have been that they were swapped with orders. Food was below average. I was so surprised they didn't give a reason for our food being late and cold, at most restaurants an apology is standard and some kind of discount is normally expected- neither of which we received.
The breakfast was alright, its buffet and a lot better than some more expensive hotels I've stayed in though doesn't make up for the disappointing food at dinner on the first, third and last night we stayed there.

A lot of the guests that arrived prior to us highly recommended the spa, so we got ourselves booked in straight away. The experience was interesting to say the least! I am a beauty therapist so I can be very fussy and critical but the girl I went with was also less than impressed. For our 'Head to Toe' 90minute treatment which was supposedly a blend of Balinese massage and what your body needed, not only was there an absence of music playing, all we could hear was traffic, beeping and not just faint background noise, it was actually quite loud. Neither of the therapists washed their hands in the room after coming in the room, the eye pillow which was placed over our eyes had no tissue separating our face from the pillow that had most likely been placed of hundreds of other peoples faces.
If I had received an amazing massage I could have looked past all of these things but to top it off my therapist at some point was actually pushing on my spine and the treatment felt like it was finished off before 60minutes and then restarted just on our legs for another 25minutes- it was like they suddenly realised they were meant to do 90minutes as opposed to 60minutes?
A friend of ours had her nails done at the Vasanti Spa, paid a bit more to have 'OPI' nail polish but it was chipping within a day- obviously it was not 'OPI'.
Some of our friends said the pressure was too hard, mine wasn't really enough, some said they had music playing. It sounded very hit and miss depending on the therapists. The highlight was the ginger tea given at the end of the treatment, it was truly delicious,(and I hate ginger) I actually emailed them to ask them which brand they use.

I thought the pool was slightly small for the capacity of the hotel, there is no shaded area unless you are sitting at the bar and if you would like a pool lounger you better be out there before 9am to snap one up as there are so few.
After sunbathing poolside and when looking to venture out, there is a shuttle service to Seminyak square provided free of charge or it is a $3 taxi ride, there are a lot of surrounding hotels, restaurants, bars in the area and the choices are almost endless!

When checking out the staff were kind enough to let me stay in my room for an extra hour till 1pm, though I mentioned I would appreciate a much later check out as I was leaving at 5pm. They did offer me to leave my bags with them and still use the facilities and showers and also offered me a later check out for the cost $50USD. I was enquiring about this on the last day, clearly there was nobody occupying my room, so I was quite surprised as I came in a group of up 60people they didn't offer it out of goodwill. I completely understand it is a business but it left me with a slightly sour taste after my stay.
They organised my taxi for my departure which was great, but then right before leaving I asked if I was up to date with my bill and if I would like to 'check out' (something I had done in the morning), it just reminded me of how their communication is best described as 'friendly but poor'- something that is a very common theme in Bali. In saying this, the couple that were married, though they didn't have their wedding at Vasanti, they vocalized the hotel staff were quite accommodating in a few functions they had at the hotel.

Vasanti has the potential to be an amazing hotel, they have very polite friendly staff, it was mainly the food, spa and lack of communication that let it down unfortunately.

Dear Bryony N,

Thank you for sharing your feedback after staying at Vasanti Seminyak Resort Bali.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your beautiful room and our lovely staff.
I greatly appreciate your comments on areas where we can improve and exceed guest expectations. I am sorry that we did not manage to resolve the issue during your visit.This is certainly not in keeping with our high standards and I have investigated this matter thoroughly.

I regret to learn that your request was not addressed, there is no excuse for this and I have met with our team to ensure this does not happen again. I know this does not change your experience, but I do hope you will return to Vasanti to enjoy much better service and facilities in the future.