“Nice hotel; amazing staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak

Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak
Ranked #55 of 142 Hotels in Seminyak
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel; amazing staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We arrived here after a week in Ubud and Candidasa so it's fair to say that the location (i.e. Seminyak generally) left a little to be desired in terms of natural beauty and culture. However, the hotel itself is beautiful and the staff could not be friendlier. Special mentions to Dewi and Agung on reception, Bayu at the pool, and Merta and Chef Wis in the restaurant, who from the moment we arrived could not do enough to help. We would definitely return!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Natalie E
VasantiSeminyak R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Natalie E,

Thank you so much for sharing such a positive review.

I am thrilled to read that your stay was a special experience and that you enjoyed our beautiful resort.

Personalized service is our utmost goal and I am happy to read that our friendly team did an excellent job of making your stay that more memorable.

I hope that there will be a chance in the near future that you will return to Vasanti Seminyak Resort.

Goya A. Mahmud

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lille, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

First Bali stay, 9 nights stay in a standard room

We really enjoy Vasanti hotel, proximity to the centre (seminyak square) with a blue bird taxi it costs you 1$30 (always take bluebird please) and seminyak is full of restaurants and shops. At the same time it's at the end of a little street and so really quiet.

Staff is lovely always there to help, really good facilities in the room hair dryer, air conditioned and the bed was really confi.
Breakfast was good with a lot of choice, we made one dinner at the restaurant, that was correct, (you can find better and cheaper in town.)
Also room service available 24/7
You could also enjoy the happy hour (2 for 1 of selection) at the Sunset Bar, or the BBQ and the Balinese night.

The swimming pool is nice, (not a lot of shadow), the lobby confi, all facilities are modern.
We highly recommend this place ;)

Room Tip: We've got room 502 5th floor with swimming pool view, really quiet and great. You can choose som...
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Pierre L
Dear Pierre L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on tripadvisor and share some nice picture. We are really happy to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay in our resort.

We always strive to provide the highest quality level of product and service, hence to receive comments such as yours is so motivating.

Once again, thank you very much for choosing to stay in Vasanti Seminyak Resort during your recent visit to the Island of the Gods also your recommendation toward our hotel is so appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I am currently sitting by the pool on the 4th day of my stay, I am thrilled beyond belief with this hotel. After reading the very negative reviews, I felt I must write in defense of this amazing place, the room is spacious, the staff are lovely, the pool area has sun all day and is big enough for a small hotel. I've found everything to be clean and very hygienic. I am upgrading to the suite tomorrow and can't wait to enjoy another aspect of the hotel. As for location, clearly one finds out if a hotel is on the beach before booking, it's a 3 min walk out onto the main road and there are drives constantly out the front. I've visited Bali at least 10 times and I will definitely stay here again.

I love this place

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Michelle C
Dear Michelle C,

Thank you for this fantastic review of your recent stay with us.

I'm thrilled to hear that you have stayed with us with great impression. Such a pride to know our loyal guest like you is being very stick up over us. Thank you for positive comments for our room also the cleanliness around. I have shared this with the team and all of us look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed at the Vasanti Hotel for 4 nights in August 2014. If you are after a quiet hotel in Seminyak then this is perfect. We fortunately scored one of the suites so our room was essentially a double room (Bed one side & Lounge/TV on the other), it also had a spa on the balcony. Staff were always very friendly and service was excellent. Each day we received two 600ml bottles of water, though we bought some more water from a local Circle K convenience store for extra hydration and teeth cleaning. The beach was about a 5-10 minute walk and if you wanted a convenience store is was also about a 5-10 minute walk. If you need to go anywhere else (e.g. Seminyak Square/Markets) then you are up for a Taksi - they only order bluebird Taksi's so you have a minimum cost of 30000 rp (~AUD$3). This pretty much would take you anywhere in Seminyak without haveing to pay extra. Mostly the drivers are very good but we did get one driver who I had to direct with the maps on my iPhone. On the first night I had needed something from the pharmacy, so I went down the front desk and asked where to go. They took me to the local pharmacy in their golf buggy and were happy to wait whilst I got what I needed...all for no extra charge.

The free wifi was brilliant in our room and in the dining area - I had no problems using Skype, Facebook, email and general web browsing on my tablet. We also received some discount vouchers for the restaurant - but note there is a 21% service & Government tax on the prices. We had a Nasi Goreng delivered to our room for about AUD$10, it came in 20 minutes and was good quality.

If you are after a place to relax by the pool, get a massage and just do the accessional shopping in Bali then I would recommend the Vasanti.

Room Tip: There are rooms which back right onto the pool - could be handy in mid summer. The suites have adjo...
      Rooms
2 Thank getreeeeeal
Dear Huw M,

On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for wonderful review in our tripadvisor. I am sure my team would be so happy to read such a excellence review.

I would also like to thank you for the opportunity to be your host during your holiday in Bali, I do hope you had a wonderful time in Bali.

Please let us know if you plan to come back to Bali, we will be waiting for you here in Vasanti.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Its a brand new resort (Hotel)
The staffs are friendly and attentive to my request.When my deluxe room was taken, they upgraded mine to Junior Suite.
The ventilation around the reception are well designed and its so cooling with the wind blowing.
The only let-down is the location. The access to the seminyak beach is blocked and you have to call for cab if you wanna move around. But since the cab fare is so cheap, i don't mind taking cab for dinner (Naughty Nuri) and flag for another cab back to hotel. it cost around USD4.50 =)

Room Tip: If you dislike mosquito bite, request for 2nd floor onward because mosquito can't fly that high.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VasantiSeminyak R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear SKe3,

Thank you very much for your kind words further to your recent stay in one of our resort.

Nothing more pleasant than hearing our guests enjoyed our service, facilities and fabulous staff who take great pride in providing you day after day a memorable experience.

Once again thank you and on behalf of the whole team, we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

As this was our 1st trip wasn't sure what to expect......we pleasantly surprised at the friendless of the staff. We were on the 5th floor and had a great view over to the beach, and pool area, was a little disappointed with so few umbrellas to keep the sun off during the heat of the day in the pool area, but that is an easy thing to rectify. Our bed was one of the best I've slept on in a hotel, it was always a pleasure to retune at the end of a day out, and be greeted by friendly smiling staff.

Dear Anja T,

Thank you very much for staying with us and I am glad you had a memorable stay.

Just as you describe it nicely in your review, the friendliness of our staff, the great view and surprisingly best bed you ever slept on. Glad you stayed in. Thank you as well for your concern of our limited amount of umbrella in the pool area, we surely will have further discussion with internal management.

I am delighted to read that you are interested in returning to our resort and look forward to this time.

Thank you and looking forward to having you back at Vasanti Seminyak Resort.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel comes at a great price for really modern facilities (excluding the gym - which needs some updating)
Our room was spacious and generally well maintained. The scratchy rug around the bed was not pleasant on your feet or clean, however this was the only fault with the room. The bathroom was lovely with a separate shower/bath and had lots of space to put your toiletries.
We felt that the service in this hotel was not worthy of five stars. The room we had booked was not ready upon our arrival and we had to wait two hours for our keys. During this time we were not told where the changing facilities were so we could use the pool or really given any advice on where to find things in the hotel whatsoever! We were simply told our room was not ready then just smiled at - not helpful at all!
To continue - in this hotel you have to ask to get anything. At breakfast we were told there were no cappuccinos and to go and get coffee ourselves to then see another waitress serve the person next to us with a cappuccino!
Lack of sun loungers was also an issue. There was never enough loungers for the amount of guests. Two elderly ladies were searching for sunloungers to find none.
No one assisted them or asked them if they were ok or offered to get some from somewhere else for them to sit down. I would expect staff to see and help guests rather than simply turn a blind eye to anyone that looks as though they need some assistance. If you need or want anything in this hotel you have to firstly find a member of staff and ask for it rather than expect it - and I am not talking about small things! We were not told any information about the area, places of interest/things to do etc. when we asked the reception anything it was difficult to understand them and vice versa. Perhaps we were simply too polite!
The only attentive staff were around the pool serving drinks during happy hour they would come round and ask if you would like a drink.
It's a shame this hotel could be top rating however the other service we have experienced in Asia means that the service here was just not up to our expectations.
I would recommend people stay here as for the price it probably can't be beaten. But if you want excellent service I would book another hotel.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Heather00000,

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your visit to Vasanti Seminyak Resort. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our modern facilities.

I would like to thank you for highlighting the areas in which we can improve, especially your check-in and breakfast experiences. In related to your sun-lounger concern. We provide plenty of beanbags available around pool area. However, during high occupancy sometimes we face short of bean bags. We are in the process of adding more bean bags.

I have noted your comments which I will discuss with my team for improvement. Feedback such as yours is very valuable as it allows us to fine-tune our experiences to perfection.

I would like to express my sincerely apology for falling short of your expectations and I do hope that this experience has not and will not permanently tarnish your opinion of us.