“Exellent”

Ranked #59 of 568 Restaurants in Seminyak
Price range: US$2 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are serving fusion Japanese cuisine adjusting to Western and local taste, with well chosen high quality raw materials treated with classy teppanyaki cooking style. Teppanyaki itself originated in 1945 by one of Japanese chain restaurant, which introduced the concept of cooking Western-influenced food on a griller, and it became more popular among Western who enjoyed both watching the skilled maneuvers of the chefs preparing the food as well as the cuisine itself. But not like those show and attraction type of teppanyaki, we are a casual dining bar prioritizing food quality and presentation, and teamwork performance as an entertainment. We are offering a warm and friendly, yet professional service to keep the essentiality of interaction between team and guest.
Reviewed 17 February 2014

What a great Restaurant, was there last night after a very long day travelling to get to Bali and have to say that, though tired, the food, service and atmosphere were great and at a very reasonable price. The team at Rayjin are not Japanese but local but this should not discourage you to go at all, my wife is Japanese and I have travelled to japan and eaten there 100s of time and again will say Rayjin and its team can stand tall and proud of the excellent food they prepare.......go at least once while you are in Bali its well with it.
For those that find it hard to find, its next to Dahana and to those that want to book remember they open at 3pm for bookings and serve between 6pm and 10pm
Enjoy.....we certainly did

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I invited my Japanese friend to this restaurant; I will share with you his comment.
First I tried to make a booking. I say tried coz I called them many time for 2 days but no one picked up that phone....So I decided to reserve there directly. It took me another full day to find the restaurant. Finally I blocked a table for 2 but still with difficulty as the young girl could not understand me properly. My first feeling about this restaurant was very negative.

Then comes to the dinner, we ordered 1 pork Belly and 1 teppanyaki. My friend enjoyed the food very much... Tasty but in a very small portion that you need to order more after finishing it.

As a Japanese person, my friend told me that it is a correct restaurant but nothing to talk much about... I trust him considering the reservation time I spend

BannyParasutha, Manager at Rayjin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Hi Mr. Andrew,
First of all I would like to thank you for your valuable time and wrote us a review. And we apologize for the inconvenience and couldn't satisfy you better.
Regarding reservation time, we are only able to receive phone calls from 3pm because currently we are only open for dinner and we are only start our working hour by that time. Any phone call before 3pm will be connected to our mail box (voice message) and will be followed-up by our team.
Once again we apologize for the inconvenience and the bad experience. We believe that your review will help us to improve our service quality.
We hope there would be another chance.
Love and regards,
Rayjin team

Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

I have been spent my vacation at bali for 3 days.. this is the 4th day. My friend told me that this is a place that have great taste of food. Firstly, I don't trust at all, because I already try so many restaurant in bali for 3 days, but I don't find any excellent restaurant.

After trying this restaurant, I feel really amazed with the service. The taste of food really good, and there's no regret at all.

I try pork belly okonimiyaki, chicken teriyaki, and tiger prawn. I choose garlic rice to complete my dinner. The gralic rice really good, has unique taste. And to end my amazing dinner, I ordered matcha creme brulee. It's a perfect dessert for everyone who is a matcha lover.

You have to make reservation first before came to this place. It's really recommended place to go.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We tried to get in here one night, but it was booked out, so we booked for the next night. We were sitting right in front of the bbq grill and it was so much fun to watch the team of chefs work together. They made us feel very welcome and special. The food was superb, from the miso soup to the pork belly. Wonderful flavors, fresh produce, perfectly cooked. I want to go back again tonight!

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Went here yesterday to celebrate anniversary with my girlfriend. I choose the place after reading the excelent review on Tripadvisor. I was not disappointed at all, in fact it exceed my expectation!

We were greeted by anthusiastic chef and waitresses. They had cheers that enliven the place. We were confuse what to order and they advised us to order the meltique beef. Oh GOD it was the best steak we eaten EVER!!! It was perfect. Even my girlfriend ask me to go there again today. But we did not get place. The reservation was full. You would need to reserve at least two or three days before the visit.

They have little touches that make us love the restaurant. They wrote our name on small cards which shows that they care for their customer. We also get anniversary complimentaries dessert. We would definately come for more!