“Never go back again”

Ranked #62 of 536 Restaurants in Seminyak
Price range: US$2 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are serving fusion Japanese cuisine adjusting to Western and local taste, with well chosen high quality raw materials treated with classy teppanyaki cooking style. Teppanyaki itself originated in 1945 by one of Japanese chain restaurant, which introduced the concept of cooking Western-influenced food on a griller, and it became more popular among Western who enjoyed both watching the skilled maneuvers of the chefs preparing the food as well as the cuisine itself. But not like those show and attraction type of teppanyaki, we are a casual dining bar prioritizing food quality and presentation, and teamwork performance as an entertainment. We are offering a warm and friendly, yet professional service to keep the essentiality of interaction between team and guest.
Bali, Indonesia
“Never go back again”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I was very happy and excited to go there, but befor I get the chance to try their food, I have no more mood to that, never go to their toilet , it's a nice washroom but when you go inside some one would locked you up in their. When try to tell the staff what just happen to me, they only tell you they don't know and can't find out . This is a very small restaurant, and when I'm there it's not full of guest. Would you have the mood for your dinner after get locked on the wash room? This is the worst restaurant in Bali, I would never ever go their

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank 01Fanny89
BannyParasutha, Manager at Rayjin, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Hi Ms. Fanny,

First of all we would like to thank you for your valuable time contributing a review and also our deepest apology regarding your bad experience on your very first visit last Sunday.

Please kindly be informed that we have detached the lock so we would never repeat the same mistake again. It was totally our miss that we didn’t recognize you were locked inside the rest room soon enough.

We hope there would be another chance to serve you better.

Rayjin team

• Indonesian first
Tangerang, Indonesia
“Best restaurant so far in seminyak”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I went there in group consist 8 people and quite surprise that the place is quite small so we need to sit in seperate table. But the ambience is really nice, looks Japanese, intimate & service is really good & unique.
Ordered some steaks & desserts, and fell in love with green tea brulee.. Its so good with very affordable.

I love the personal touch from them such as hand written welcome card and greetings from the waiters. Definitely go back ;)

Indonesia
“Exellent”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

What a great Restaurant, was there last night after a very long day travelling to get to Bali and have to say that, though tired, the food, service and atmosphere were great and at a very reasonable price. The team at Rayjin are not Japanese but local but this should not discourage you to go at all, my wife is Japanese and I have travelled to japan and eaten there 100s of time and again will say Rayjin and its team can stand tall and proud of the excellent food they prepare.......go at least once while you are in Bali its well with it.
For those that find it hard to find, its next to Dahana and to those that want to book remember they open at 3pm for bookings and serve between 6pm and 10pm
Enjoy.....we certainly did

• Visited February 2014
Sydney, Australia
“not worth to try”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I invited my Japanese friend to this restaurant; I will share with you his comment.
First I tried to make a booking. I say tried coz I called them many time for 2 days but no one picked up that phone....So I decided to reserve there directly. It took me another full day to find the restaurant. Finally I blocked a table for 2 but still with difficulty as the young girl could not understand me properly. My first feeling about this restaurant was very negative.

Then comes to the dinner, we ordered 1 pork Belly and 1 teppanyaki. My friend enjoyed the food very much... Tasty but in a very small portion that you need to order more after finishing it.

As a Japanese person, my friend told me that it is a correct restaurant but nothing to talk much about... I trust him considering the reservation time I spend

• Visited January 2014
BannyParasutha, Manager at Rayjin, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Hi Mr. Andrew,
First of all I would like to thank you for your valuable time and wrote us a review. And we apologize for the inconvenience and couldn't satisfy you better.
Regarding reservation time, we are only able to receive phone calls from 3pm because currently we are only open for dinner and we are only start our working hour by that time. Any phone call before 3pm will be connected to our mail box (voice message) and will be followed-up by our team.
Once again we apologize for the inconvenience and the bad experience. We believe that your review will help us to improve our service quality.
We hope there would be another chance.
Love and regards,
Rayjin team
“Great place, nice food, amazing services”
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

I have been spent my vacation at bali for 3 days.. this is the 4th day. My friend told me that this is a place that have great taste of food. Firstly, I don't trust at all, because I already try so many restaurant in bali for 3 days, but I don't find any excellent restaurant.

After trying this restaurant, I feel really amazed with the service. The taste of food really good, and there's no regret at all.

I try pork belly okonimiyaki, chicken teriyaki, and tiger prawn. I choose garlic rice to complete my dinner. The gralic rice really good, has unique taste. And to end my amazing dinner, I ordered matcha creme brulee. It's a perfect dessert for everyone who is a matcha lover.

You have to make reservation first before came to this place. It's really recommended place to go.